Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Effect (aka Dragon Age 2) vs TWitcher 2

Dantus12

Educated
Doesn't mater at all in TW2,still will be down scaled for consoles,instead of up scaled to PC,gameplay videos, seen lots of them look proper for a PC version,or at least what I`m expecting from one,so if it goes consoles,or has lost the tactical view ala Baldurs Gate,doesn't bother me at all as much it would bother me in game like DA2,where Bioware is scared shitless to show PC footage,and when they show it ,it will be a John Epler cinematic montage,without a real person playing it.

hiver

DA2 doesnt even have a PC version developed separately. it will be a console port with some shallow changes to interface and camera, if any.

TW2 is a pc version designed for consoles.

:retarded:

Fuck them both.

My money will go to Blizzard Diablo3 and probably DeusX HR, after i buy digital and boxed AoD.

Dantus12

Educated
hiver said:
DA2 doesnt even have a PC version developed separately. it will be a console port with some shallow changes to interface and camera, if any.

TW2 is a pc version designed for consoles.

:retarded:

Fuck them both.

My money will go to Blizzard Diablo3 and probably DeusX HR, after i buy digital and boxed AoD.

This is what I said to,should edit the post maybe,and DA2 lost companion inventory and got nice little stars as explanation
Mike Laidlaw:

“The stars offer an at-a-glace indicator of the weapon, armor or item’s usefulness compared to your current level. An item that used to be five stars at level one will slowly drop off to none when you’re in your teens. The goal there is to make it easy to tell what’s above and below the curve for your current character.”

The purpose is to have “at-a-glance information clear and easily digestible, while having another layer underneath that lets you dig deeper and get neck deep in the statistics,” a philosophy that will be followed by things such as character creation, skill trees, and so on. Fortunately, us stat junkies can still get our fix–you can ‘inspect’ items to see all the hard numbers…but the fact that we have to press an extra button to see the relevant information is a drag: can’t they find a way to relay the information easily without initially hiding it? The answer is simple: the changes that are occurring, aren’t really for me. We already know that the combat changes are meant to attract the Fable/Borderlands crowd (….???), but changes to the UI–such as these, but also the streamlining of companion’s gear (actual “armor” will update on its own, but we can equip other items to them) are meant to bring Dragon Age 2 to a wider target audience.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
made said:
20 Eyes said:
The first one was a pretty cool action-rpg marred by an amazingly shitty combat system. CDPR seem to know this, and they seem to have made the action side of the game play better.
At this point I'm fully expecting a mindless clickfest a la 2Worlds2, and the Codex, spearheaded by experts like skyway, jizzing all over it because it finally plays like a proper action game.

Anything is better than that 'click when the mouse glows' nonsense they had going on in the last game. It would be hard for it to get worse than the first game's combat. It still managed to be a pretty cool game, somehow. As much as I love turn-based gameplay and hardcore RPG systems, I'll take uninspired action rpg gameplay over whatever the hell was in the first game.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Anything is better than that 'click when the mouse glows' nonsense they had going on in the last game.

:Looks at NWN1, NWN2, Fable 1-3, Jade Empire, Kotor 1-2, Gothic3, Two Worlds, Arcanum etc...:

HELL, NO!!! :rage:

Stabwound

Arcane
I said this before, but TW really felt like an adventure game with light RPG elements rather than a full RPG.

I'm in complete agreement that the combat was shitty shit. I never did finish it, either. I'll probably go back and do so a month or two before the sequel comes out. I think I got to the last chapter but started playing... Dragon Age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom