Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age - Red Cliffs Videos

felicity

Scholar
Fighting off enemies in the fire, clever. Obviously the creatures in DA have no knowledge of lethality of fire.

This so fucking looks like Diablo combat. Where is the attack of opportunity? I know it is not supposed to be DnD clone but it is stupid that you can so easily run right pass someone who is trying to kill you like it's a marathorn. And no spell disruption? There is no damage roll shown in the video. I hope in the final version there will be an option to turn it on. I don't think there even is a round/turn system underneath - the spell uses cooldown timer. The icon at the bottom greys out and "refills"after each cast, like you're building tanks in C&C.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Jaesun said:
Saxon1974 said:
As a fan of Fantasy RPG's it seems like I should be excited for this game....

Why am I not?

You know, I'm also just not.... really that excited as well. I think my Bioware romance is just finally wearing off. Guess I'll wait and see what the feedback is once this comes out.

Im hoping to be suprised...but not holding my breath.

Where is the dark and gritty world? It looks just like the same old high fantasy to me. The armor looks overdone as does most other things I have seen.

Alot of my lack of enthusiasm is probably that it seems like all games getting made now are so much the same. Very nice graphics, lots of action and less and less deep statistical roleplaying.

When bioware spent years developing their own fantasy world I had high hopes, but what I am seeing is typical high fantasy to me.

Tekar

Novice
A big *URGH* at the camera juggling, will it never end? I hate 3D so much. (It's the most important thing keeping me from playing Drakensang, I played the demo until I got a cramp in my ring finger from holding down the rmb)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom