Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Origins is ten years old today

Camel

Scholar
Where are they now?
Alexandra “Alleykatze” Stein, Leliana’s model. She’s currently a barber in Los Angeles.
273675542_5519951868032015_2223909918597741821_n.jpg

Top-25-des-persos-de-jeux-vid%C3%A9os-inspir%C3%A9s-par-de-vrais-acteurs.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Because North Americans Canadians like their women in games uglier and uglier. Or North American Canadian game developers, to be more precise.
This isn't just limited to the Americas either look at what those Dutch have done to the Horizon series.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guise, this thread is about Dragon Age Origins, take discussion of whatever the hell Bioware's doing now to to its pertinent thread. :M

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
why these people get hired and promoted
It's like taking the slightly stupid affirmative action hire on your team to the meeting with the C-suite. "We'll look so diverse and the bosses will appreciate that, but that's really not the point. I'm such a fucking good person."

Whe the results don't matter much, or there's no way you'll get blamed for a failure, you can just do the progressive thing and it'll feel like eating a thick warm cake made of sunshine.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The fart sniffer herself. This is the best romance option in DAO besides Zevran. Werent female models so much better years ago?

V8o9koC.jpg

Camel

Scholar

DA IV will be a gross AAA disaster.
So...
can someone explain to me why someone who only previously worked on Sims 3 DLC is the lead designer on a major AAA title?
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,215580/

Yes, it's the same person.
Tranny diversity hire. His twitter was much cleaner with no political drivel before.
https://twitter.com/simguruandy
Guise, this thread is about Dragon Age Origins, take discussion of whatever the hell Bioware's doing now to to its pertinent thread. :M
Sorry.

I would feel ashamed to give Bioware any money at this point. They are completely lost.

EA really needs to finally shut down Edmonton and just end this nightmare.

Semiurge

Cipher
Where are they now?
Alexandra “Alleykatze” Stein, Leliana’s model. She’s currently a barber in Los Angeles.
273675542_5519951868032015_2223909918597741821_n.jpg

Top-25-des-persos-de-jeux-vid%C3%A9os-inspir%C3%A9s-par-de-vrais-acteurs.jpg

Her face looks too young, 12-15 years old. For someone who's supposedly had a colorful history as an imperial spy, that's too few winters. DAO Lel looked how she was intended to look, like a low-fantasy version of the Maid Of Orleans.

Retrospect? I remember it sucking at the time. I was really disappointed in it when it finally came out and I got a chance to play it. Even before it came out its turn away from being more Conan the Barbarian during its long development was a hit of disappointment, but playing it, experiencing it, was just like disappointment at disappointment. The only actually interesting thing about it I thought, which was them furthering something they'd already done before, but I thought it was interesting the amount of party interactions (what they say to each other) they came up with no matter what mix of party members you had.

This game would become another example from around that time of BioWare having something interesting in a game that didn't really work, but instead of paying it off with the sequel they just took a left turn and totally fucked shit up.

The game also looks so shit that it's funny to think that it came out in 2009, game looks like it came out like five years earlier than it actually did. I'd guess if you showed it to someone for the first time and told them it came out for PC and the original Xbox they'd buy that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom