Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age:Origins graphical overhaul

CrimHead

Scholar
treave said:
I want a camera mod for DA.

bur6.jpg

1eyedking

Erudite
I came in here expecting screenshots of useless re-texturing of an unsalvagable game, confirming there are lowlife scum DAO modders out there wasting their time when they could be either studying, reading, bodybuilding, or working on actual problems and becoming positive contributors to world culture; all of this meaning that even if I were to lose all of my intelligence, knowledge, and muscle tomorrow I would still be superior to some people.

Instead I get the usual Codex flaccid ranting that has become the norm lately.

troll_20.png

Fuck, it's 10 AM, I've been awake for only 30 minutes, and am already raging - it's gonna be one hell of a day :cool:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
1eyedking said:
I came in here expecting screenshots of useless re-texturing of an unsalvagable game, confirming there are lowlife scum DAO modders out there wasting their time when they could be either studying, reading, bodybuilding, or working on actual problems and becoming positive contributors to world culture; all of this meaning that even if I were to lose all of my intelligence, knowledge, and muscle tomorrow I would still be superior to some people.

Instead I get the usual Codex flaccid ranting that has become the norm lately.

troll_20.png

Fuck, it's 10 AM, I've been awake for only 30 minutes, and am already raging - it's gonna be one hell of a day :cool:

Fuck yeah man, I approve of this post

Soulforged

Scholar
Xor said:
Never said I actually intended to. It would be way too much work to fix all the problems with DA and I'd have no interest in doing it for free.
Don't worry, I expected as much.

Topher

Cipher
Fuck... I still feel the need to give the game a second chance, I quit right after getting to the first town. Only I've got Mount and Blade, Europa 3 and Stalker on the way. I mean I could play DA before they get next weekend or I could play more of the Fallout MMO, League of Legends and finish Nexus. I wonder what I'll do?

I do kinda want to give it another go, I've always liked Bioware games, haven't tried ME2 yet.. or NWN for that matter; but I've enjoyed everything else they've done. Why did the combat in DA have to be so awful? I quit before there was even all that much of it and it still felt like too much.

Dny

Educated
Why did the combat in DA have to be so awful?

Because it was based on MMORPG concepts. Lots of aggro related crap, the cooldown, the limited spell system and enemies with fuckton of health that takes too much time to kill and so on.

In games like BG2 even the most powerful dragons died faster than your average mob of thieves do in Dragon Age, you just had to know HOW to kill them (like taking down mages and dragon defenses).

Though I may have been kinda optimistic when I started playing Dragon Age I now consider it one of the WORST rpg ever, it may have redeeming features like a bit of C&C but in RPG there's G for GAME and if the GAME bores you to death before you even beat half of it, it's pure, dense shit. For that matter Oblivion was a better game than Boring Age. The derp roads should have been cut in a patch because there is no excuse for that kind of lame shit unless you're not creating a game but a boredom simulator. I don't care whether the C&C, or the graphics, or this and that was good, a game is not the sum of its features, it's either fun or it's not, games are binary in their nature and there should be only one way to judge them, with ones and zeros.

Topher

Cipher
It really was quite clear that DA was trying to appeal to the MMO crowd. I didn't mind the cool downs nearly as much as the fact that every ability for my thief seemed like a variation on the same two themes, stun and disable and I never even took noticed of the aggro system but again I didn't play for very long.

However, I liked some of what I saw. The level design in the first tower was believable but that was ruined by the awful loot system; it felt a lot more random then Fallout 3's grenade in a mailbox trick to me. I liked that you could miss Shen as an NPC but wasn't pleased that the only way to get him out was to yell at the nun. The bridge bandits were cool and there seemed to be a few ways to deal with them and the price gouging merchant was kinda interesting as well.

Btu I actually quit right outside that town because there was a fight with a bunch of orc-lkes and I just wasn't having any fun with the combat system and called it quits.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Dny said:
I don't care whether the C&C, or the graphics, or this and that was good, a game is not the sum of its features, it's either fun or it's not, games are binary in their nature and there should be only one way to judge them, with ones and zeros.

The graphics were shit, for that matter, and the C&C of debatable quality.

denizsi

Arcane
Topher said:
Fuck... I still feel the need to give the game a second chance, I quit right after getting to the first town. Only I've got Mount and Blade, Europa 3 and Stalker on the way. I mean I could play DA before they get next weekend or I could play more of the Fallout MMO, League of Legends and finish Nexus. I wonder what I'll do?

I do kinda want to give it another go, I've always liked Bioware games, haven't tried ME2 yet.. or NWN for that matter; but I've enjoyed everything else they've done. Why did the combat in DA have to be so awful? I quit before there was even all that much of it and it still felt like too much.

Unless there's a mod that zips you between plot-key locations instantly, skipping all the grind, it's not worth it. Watch LP videos on JewTube or read up LP threads around the web.

It's amazing how boring banal shit MMO mechanics are making it into SP games. This game has nothing on either BG/IWD game.

MRSA

Scholar
Dragon Age: Oh My Dog Why?

Better graffix won't save this one. Let's be honest here: it's Banal. Shit. Boring.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom