Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age:Origins graphical overhaul

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So are any graphical overhaul mods worth grabbing yet?

There are plenty of ones featuring nekkid people, but are the ones like 'Dragon Age Redesigned' worth the effort?

I've already got the uninstall mod. Thanks.

Fez

Erudite
I didn't think it looked that bad.

I'm not surprised that there are a pile of nude mods already. Fallout 3's mods seem to be about 50:50 for the ratio of nudity/sex/fetish/perverted mods to actually useful or game improving mods (I'm probably being generous).

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any mods that truly overhaul the graphics of the game? Last time I looked (which, admittedly, was long ago) all graphic mods either just made characters naked or redid faces (almost always for the worse). The only mod I remember really updating the graphics was the HD textures one.

Soulforged

Scholar
yes plz said:
Are there any mods that truly overhaul the graphics of the game? Last time I looked (which, admittedly, was long ago) all graphic mods either just made characters naked or redid faces (almost always for the worse). The only mod I remember really updating the graphics was the HD textures one.
The trend is still going. Dragon Age modding is a parade of mostly eager teenagers trying to fulfill their sexual fantasies the only way they can... emulating the state of the internet as a whole in their way.

I don't really believe that the graphical aspect of the game needs an overhaul, but if you are into that sort of thing, then no, nothing new.

Micmu

Magister
Why would anyone want to graphically overhaul a piece of shit?
It would still be a piece of shit.

Fez

Erudite
Never heard of polishing a turd? Some people like shiny things.

roll-a-die

Magister
Fez said:
I didn't think it looked that bad.

I'm not surprised that there are a pile of nude mods already. Fallout 3's mods seem to be about 50:50 for the ratio of nudity/sex/fetish/perverted mods to actually useful or game improving mods (I'm probably being generous).
Not quite considering there are about 14 widely used purely nude and fetish mods I can think of, while there are allot more of other types of mods. Counting just the mods I use, all of which are widely used, there are around 50 that improve it without adding sex or nekkid people.

EDIT forgot this was dragon age discussion.

Nael

Arcane
june6_2005mmm.jpg

Fez

Erudite
I'd imagine you are just tired and overlooking the obvious.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Graphics was the least of my concerns when playing the game.
It is not like high resolution textures would improve the awful writing or the filler combat.

roll-a-die

Magister
He's alluding to the fact that putting mods on a bad game is like putting make-up on a pig. It's still gonna be ugly.

Which is wrong in the case of elder scrolls/bethesda games. The amount and ease of modablitiy surpasses almost any other game. NWN comes close.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
DA: origins was worse than some SNES games. I doubt any GFX improvement would make a difference.

Fez

Erudite
roll-a-die said:
He's alluding to the fact that putting mods on a bad game is like putting make-up on a pig. It's still gonna be ugly.

Which is wrong in the case of elder scrolls/bethesda games. The amount and ease of modablitiy surpasses almost any other game. NWN comes close.

I think it was more the graphical overhaul side of things that was aimed at, especially considering the nature of the metaphor.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If I was going to change anything about DA, I'd remove about half the battles in the game, completely remove the fucking board-based side quests, and make the combat system less stupid. Graphics would be pretty much last, somewhere after coming up with a better subtitle than "origins", forcing the voice actor who did that stupid dwarf to re-record all his lines better at gunpoint, and rewriting most of the dialog in the game.

Soulforged

Scholar
Xor said:
(...) and rewriting most of the dialog in the game.
Good, you can start right now son. Why don't you post here some examples of rewritten dialog? And, if you can, also post the original dialog so we can better appreciate your work.

Fez

Erudite
I know how you feel. I suppose it's easier to tackle the graphics though so we end up with incrementally higher resolution textures instead of anything that deal with major issues you had with it. At least for a while.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Soulforged said:
Xor said:
(...) and rewriting most of the dialog in the game.
Good, you can start right now son. Why don't you post here some examples of rewritten dialog? And, if you can, also post the original dialog so we can better appreciate your work.

Never said I actually intended to. It would be way too much work to fix all the problems with DA and I'd have no interest in doing it for free.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I want a camera mod for DA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom