Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Bioware has truly gone full retard.

felipepepe this is why BG3 won't be made and it's not because of those "evil gamers": it's because Bioware is too fucking stupid to ever achieve that level again.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It gets even better!
XXJ1lwH.jpg
Sigh... I just can't imagine a writer sitting at his/her desk and writing dialogues for this game, and suddenly s/he thinks "hm, they should probably talk about trannies in this game". I can't imagine this and yet it happens.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Haha, and they though our generation would get fucked up by video games violence, I want to see the kids that grow up with kind of shit

Sprout

Educated
It gets even better!
Sigh... I just can't imagine a writer sitting at his/her desk and writing dialogues for this game, and suddenly s/he thinks "hm, they should probably talk about trannies in this game". I can't imagine this and yet it happens.
Does it really? Or are people once again ready to jump at something most likely taken out of context and are using it as an excuse to smear the game some more?

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I hate to be the devils advocate here. And I could be wrong. But I think he is referencing Sten's dialog to the female gray warden in origins. By "born one gender but living like another" he is possibly talking about the female Inquisitor looking and acting like a women yet fighting and leading like a man.

DragoFireheart

I hate to be the devils advocate here. And I could be wrong. But I think he is referencing Sten's dialog to the female gray warden in origins. By "born one gender but living like another" he is possibly talking about the female Inquisitor looking and acting like a women yet fighting and leading like a man.

While you may have a point, it's clear that Bioware intended for the line of dialog to be ambiguous to make the trannys have good feels: the ability to reference back to what Sten said is the fallback argument for any hetros that get weird feels.

Regardless it's more Bioshit retardation.

Branm

Learned
Doesnt compute how RPS loved the game yet the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....

DragoFireheart

Doesnt compute how RPS loved the game yet the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....

wait wait wait wait...

the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....

I thought tactical anything was niche and simple combat ruled the realm of things that cater to the "masses". What wut huh????

Branm

Learned

wait wait wait wait...

the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....

I thought tactical anything was niche and simple combat ruled the realm of things that cater to the "masses". What wut huh????
Eh, they had a decent amount of people bitching about no tactical view at all when DA2 was released. I know I got banned at that time from their forum for telling people to pirate the POS. Hell at the time their forums were filled by angry gamers

Sprout

Educated

While you may have a point, it's clear that Bioware intended for the line of dialog to be ambiguous to make the trannys have good feels: the ability to reference back to what Sten said is the fallback argument for any hetros that get weird feels.

Regardless it's more Bioshit retardation.
Of course the line is ambiguous, most likely because it's not particularly attached to anything that would give it a proper context. How about you go play the game or watch the custcene in question? Then you can come here and say with a straight face that he is talking about trannies.

Tytus

Arcane
I don't know what are you guys talking about. I saw a video with Krem the character the Iron Bull is takling about. He/She/It? is voiced by Jennifer Hale and it's transgendered. A woman trying to be a guy, I think. So yeah, Iron Bull is really reffering to an actual tranny in the game.

RPGMaster

Savant
Apologies if repost, The Telegraph slammed the game and gave it 60/100:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...s/11221041/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-review.html

I love the BDF (Bioware Defense Force) and their attacks on the reviewer:
Bioware Fanboy said:
Take a look at IGN/PC Gamer/Polygon/TIME, legitimate and professional sites, with top-notch reviewers, consistently ranking this game as one of the year's best, and you deign to give it 3 stars?

Those user comments. BioWaristis is spreading worse than ebola.

Xenich

Cipher
Fucking elitist and their social engineering crusades. I swear there isn't enough fucking bullets.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I don't know what are you guys talking about. I saw a video with Krem the character the Iron Bull is takling about. He/She/It? is voiced by Jennifer Hale and it's transgendered. A woman trying to be a guy, I think. So yeah, Iron Bull is really reffering to an actual tranny in the game.

Nothing wrong with that, but you can't ignore the fact that the writing handling that scene is extremely hamfisted. I mean for fuckssake the first sentence is fantasy schlock with made up words and names, and then the very next sentence is a Tumblr post.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're using the word "gender" in a medieval fantasy setting you've already failed.

Erebus

Arcane
I don't have a problem with a CRPG having a transsexual character, but it reeks of opportunism, not conviction. You just know there was an executive who spent a week thinking about ways the company could seem to be on the cutting edge of progressivism and that he ended up writing "Have a transsexual character" on the to-do list he gave to the Bioware writers.

Come to think of it, that's also what I though when I saw that Paizo had deemed it necessary to have two homosexual married couples in the first two adventures of its epic adventure path.

imweasel

Okay, I figured out tactical cam and rebound the keys. Why in the fuck is A and D used to rotate the damn camera? Doesn't make any damn sense.

you bought this pile o' crap? oO
Not really, because I am going to get a refund from Origin.

There is no way that I am keeping this crap. Even Dragon Age 2 is like a masterpiece compared to this horse shit.

Xenich

Cipher
I don't have a problem with a CRPG having a transsexual character, but it reeks of opportunism, not conviction. You just know there was an executive who spent a week thinking about ways the company could seem to be on the cutting edge of progressivism and that he ended up writing "Have a transsexual character" on the to-do list he gave to the Bioware writers.

Come to think of it, that's also what I though when I saw that Paizo had deemed it necessary to have two homosexual married couples in the first two adventures of its epic adventure path.

It is social engineering. I am serious, all of this stuff is by larger design. There was an interview with the head of Fox Entertainment several years ago who said they do social engineering with their content, to bring about social changes concerning various topics. They think people are fucking sheep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom