Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age III News From Edmonton Comic Expo

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a screenshot. It was captured on a computer screen. I got no use for definitions mired in shit iterations for people trying to tell me about obvious brushstrokes like that makes them somehow super perceptive. Nice derailment fuckers. Continue aiding the decline.

:martini:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Was this suppose to inspire fans?"

Youa ren't a fan so stop pretending youa re one, fuck off, and grow a pair of honesty balls.

attackfighter

Magister
that screenshot looks retarded to me... why are there tiny guard towers out on the bridge? what difference are they supposed to make in stopping a siege? and then there's that hut outside the walls... and if you look down and to the right of it you'll see another random miniature guard tower:lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's a screenshot. It was captured on a computer screen. I got no use for definitions mired in shit iterations for people trying to tell me about obvious brushstrokes like that makes them somehow super perceptive. Nice derailment fuckers. Continue aiding the decline.
Actually, it was most likely exported as an image file from an editor.

Regardless, it does look shitty.

that screenshot looks retarded to me... why are there tiny guard towers out on the bridge? what difference are they supposed to make in stopping a siege? and then there's that hut outside the walls... and if you look down and to the right of it you'll see another random miniature guard tower:lol:
Gatehouses. Don't ask me why they would place them there though... Overall it's a very shoddy castle.

kris

Arcane

It also seems to have growed out from the cliff instead of having been built on it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I played DAO for 180 hours. Whatever I'm I'm slightly intoxicated"

Doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a player. And, if you actually payed for it 9as opposed to the Codexian way of doing business); it makes you a customer. Not a fan.

attackfighter

Magister
btw, I don't know much about rocks, but why didn't they use stones from the mountain to build their castle? the castle is a different colour from the mountain and it seems weird that they'd bring in different coloured rocks when (as far as I know) the black mountains rocks would've worked just as well.

waywardOne

Arcane
I just practiced bass for 3 hours with an untold number of martinis and know this: DA4 will suck no matter what butters your bread.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
white_castle_logo_0_000.jpg

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
1. Amortisation does not come out of nothing, you know. They are an it company and will need to work on the good pcs and not some 7 year old shit so they can't just stop buying them. They make financial investment in assets, use them for 3-5 years (amortisation period of a pcs) and after that they are near uselless... can't even sell them for 20% of their original value. 2. Also when they do sell them at the profit to their declared value, they have to show it and pay taxes.
3. Also they don't make 40 bucks of each sale - don't forget all the middlemen there. I bet that they make way less than 20.

1. Thats depreciation. Amortization is for intangible assets such as brand value, IP value, patents and etc.
2. I doubt that they would make much out of it.
3. EA-Bioware, consolidated statement of operations. Who is the middle man here? Anyway that's debatable as I have no way to find out for sure.

Even then the lion's share comes impairment or intangible assets and goodwill write offs from overpaying for the company. But there technically should be an internal ways to increase it through accounting and it would count as tax avoidance, NOT evasion.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
There is no such thing as overpaying. You pay what you are willing to. Period.

The BSN is a never ending source of entertainment...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...sion/Mass-Effect-had-Jacob-so-14617823-1.html

The game already has darkspawn orcs black people. Should black people be added into the game, would there be waddymellon and fried chicken in the form of free dlc to boost sales? :troll:

Ok, all joking aside, would the inclusion of in game races based off real life races improve the dragon age universe(or any generic middle earth/medieval inspired game universe for that matter)?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The BSN is a never ending source of entertainment...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...sion/Mass-Effect-had-Jacob-so-14617823-1.html

The game already has darkspawn orcs black people. Should black people be added into the game, would there be waddymellon and fried chicken in the form of free dlc to boost sales? :troll:

Ok, all joking aside, would the inclusion of in game races based off real life races improve the dragon age universe(or any generic middle earth/medieval inspired game universe for that matter)?

Why to change every universe and setting into your librul vision of Kwanzania? Though those games were not about realism? Thedias already needs only horses replaced by SUVs to be more anachronistic place... besides game has its own negroes* and injuns and they're darkspawn and city elves already.

* Spellcheck corrects me when I am not capitalizing negroes. :lol:

Bulba

Learned
1. Amortisation does not come out of nothing, you know. They are an it company and will need to work on the good pcs and not some 7 year old shit so they can't just stop buying them. They make financial investment in assets, use them for 3-5 years (amortisation period of a pcs) and after that they are near uselless... can't even sell them for 20% of their original value. 2. Also when they do sell them at the profit to their declared value, they have to show it and pay taxes.
3. Also they don't make 40 bucks of each sale - don't forget all the middlemen there. I bet that they make way less than 20.

1. Thats depreciation. Amortization is for intangible assets such as brand value, IP value, patents and etc.
3. EA-Bioware, consolidated statement of operations. Who is the middle man here? Anyway that's debatable as I have no way to find out for sure.

Even then the lion's share comes impairment or intangible assets and goodwill write offs from overpaying for the company. But there technically should be an internal ways to increase it through accounting and it would count as tax avoidance, NOT evasion.

:baby:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

:baby:
?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom