Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age II Release Date Announced

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Morans being morans.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Begone evil one, hellspawn have no place here.
Go back to the fiery pits that spawned you.
Yes, it is you who defile our plane with your tainted presence, Hawke!
Curse the day you were born.

paladin2copy.png

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
SoupNazi said:
That trailer got me all excited and shit, but then I remembered how the original had a pretty dramatic trailer as well but still was a pile of turds, so all hope was lost.

Fuck, where you even old enough to play Oblivion legally when it was released?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
When did the humans and Qunari start fighting? Was that plot line started in one of those 15 pointless DLC dungeons they sold after release?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Killzig said:
When did the humans and Qunari start fighting? Was that plot line started in one of those 15 pointless DLC dungeons they sold after release?

No that was part of the game lore (so to speak).

Anyway it looks like we get to play a medieval Jedi. Little bit of sword play, little bit of magic.

Hope I don't fall to the dark side.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
The only thing I remember in the lore is that the big fugly bastards are constantly squabbling with the Tevinter types. Unless you mean the bit about Sten being an advance scout for some incoming invasion force.

random_encounter

Educated
root said:
I still can't get over the fact that the guy summoned demon's arms made of smoke (and probably hair too) from hell to rip his opponent apart bayonetta-style

i mean bioware come on what the fuck is this
At least they stopped short of having the player tap X or Y to earn megatons, but we haven't seen gameplay videos yet.

That said, Flemeth sounds like she's going to be the Gandalf of Dragon Age, Hawke has "hidden powers" as a possible apostate demon half-breed from the Fade, and Bioware is still convinced that they can make epic music sound appropriately grandiose by offsetting the heavy metal-inspired strings with choir. I liked the swordstaff fighting, though.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Seems like there's a party at the comment section on the video :lol:

Lost all hope for this game a while back, it can die in hell

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I ALMOST FEEL ALL TINGLY THE GAME LOOKS OKAY BUT UNLIKE MOST OF THE CUNTS HERE I DONT THINK I WOULD LIKE IT SO I WONTY PLAY IT

LOLLOLLOLLOL I FEEL SORRY FOR SKYWAY AND OTHER BROS ANOTHER LONG ASS GAME THART YOU HATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PLA YTHROUGH THREE OR FOUR TIMEWS GOOD LUICK BROS???!?!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Actually no. This will be the first Bioware game I will not be getting. I have no interest at all. period.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
JAESUN I KNOW YOU ARE A BRO I DONT DOUBT YOU LOLOLLOLLOOL SOMETIMES I POST ABOUT NEW STUFF NOT BEING TOTAL TRASH BUT AT LEAST IM NOT PLAYING THE SHIT I THINK IS TRASH

LOLLOLLLOLLOL THIS PLACE IS GAMEFAGS FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE SMART

CrimHead

Scholar
WELL BLOBERT, I SEE WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM, BUT NOT EVERYONE WHO DISMISSES DRAGON AGE AS POPAMOLE OR THE NEXT GENERATION OF CONSOLE GAMES IN GENERAL IS A POSER LOOKING FOR THE CODEX'S APPROVAL?? SOME PEOPLE ARE LEGITIMATELY DISSATISFIED WITH THE STATE OF GAMING TODAY, AND HOW RPGS HAVE DRIFTED AWAY FROM THE MORE COMPLEX OFFERINGS OF THE PAST IN FAVOR OF STREAMLINED AKA DUMBED DOWN APPROACHES SUCH AS DRAGON AGE 2.

IN OTHER WORDS YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I RAPE YOU

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I GET YOU I JUST DONT PLAY THE MOTHERFUCLKING GAME AND DONT GIVE A SHIT????

BRO YOU CANT RAPE THE WILLING LOLLOLLOL NOT A COMEONE I AM SO WASDTED

cogar48

Educated
Typical BioWare. I admit, they can present the fuck out of their games though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
'Typical Bioware' is better than any trash that Troika, Obsidian, Bethesda, Interplay, or that loser TW company can dish out.

R00fles!

LarsWestergren

Educated
They have already stated that Hawke is not the darkspawn dragon-god-child-thing, but that it may be a part of the story. So possibly the big-bad? Or something that "must not fall into the wrong hands"?

>So they got rid of the party members this time around?

It is still team based, they just haven't revealed much about the companions yet, which is probably why it is just Hawke in the trailer.

What annoys me a bit is the continued use of epic sized weapons and huge Warhammer armours in fantasy games (especially the car-sized shoulder pads). People wouldn't be able to move in them, and in this trailer they have to shift around a lot to make space to move the weapons around at all. The end cinematic of the Witcher did it much better in my opinion, an exciting fight with normal sized weapons and some realistic martial arts moves (disregarding the spell-slinging parts of course. ;-)

And the Qunari looks exactly like 4th ed D&D Tieflings now... :/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"'Typical Bioware' is better than any trash that Troika, Obsidian, Bethesda, Interplay, or that loser TW company can dish out."

I thought you liked Two Worlds. :smug:

Although it's true that Gaider>Avellone in the November 2009-August 2010 period when it comes to quest design and choices with consequences (the DA wiki says he designed the Redcliffe and Elf/Werewolf quest lines). Whoever thought that would happen?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
You have to keep in mind that a sizable amount of Bioware's fanbase by now is made up of fat chicks looking for mediocre emotional thrills out of this new medium. This trailer has the potential to piss them off, which is very approvable.

If we're lucky, all of the protagonists in the new Bioware games are going to be based on the Shepperd archetype. Hopefully this archetype, which is already a bit of a joke, will degenerate even further to the point that not even Bioware will be able to take it seriously. Of course Shepperd can also be female which is dissapointing for the good cause, but still, I can see the endless iterations of their new games spilling out more and more "stoic and grim anti-hero that uses any means necessary" stereotype... and this will conflict with the badly done overdrawn settings, dialog and characters - what do they choose, "deep writing" or just the Shepperd image? In the end, they will want both, and the result has to be comical, as we can see in Mass Effect 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom