Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age II Patch 1.03 is out.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Trash said:
Anyone still having any hope for Mass Effect 3 not sucking?

I don't think it will "suck" any more than ME2.

Bioware has already stated that they intend to use the same gameplay formula they developed for ME2, so, gameplay-wise, it shouldn't be any different.

Now, regarding plot, (b)romances, and emotionally engaging moments... well...

29zdidd.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
racofer said:
So, Crispy. How is it going?

:oops:

I have to admit I lied. I haven't done this yet, but I have an excuse.

I'm waiting until my RPG mental fortitude has regenerated somewhat. I know Witcher 2 isn't the greatest example but once Nvidia solves the SLI problem with that game and I can play it a little more, I'll later be able to revisit DA2 for short bursts relying on the reserves I've built up. It might be safer if I played one of the classics first, instead, but you know me: graphics whore through-and-through.

But, I promise, I will do this.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Remember I go back to the beginnings.

My favorite of all time is, of course, Fallout.

I've played and enjoyed most of the Wizardries, M&M's, almost every one of the Gold Boxes, etc.

There aren't many (western) RPG's that I haven't tried.

Darklands, too, Arkania's, the list goes on and on.

Thank you for asking.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Jaesun said:
Trash said:
Anyone still having any hope for Mass Effect 3 not sucking?

I haven't read anything yet that has given me any great concern.

The team is still pretty much sticking to the same game plan when the did Mass Effect 2. Granted they now have more of a focus of ending the Trilogy....

It's not really the plan I'm worried about. It's the implementation and the effect of EA suits running the show that scare me. I want to have faith but, well, I've seen way too many good studios and games end up screwed after EA took over.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Volourn what do you think of all those "balance" changes? Surely trash mob-health bloat and lieutenant/boss damage caps can't sit well with you.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Volly! Haven't seen you around for a while.

Also, what the fuck is up with those patch notes. As if the fights weren't enough of a mindkilling hp-grind already.

EA Superior: What did we learn, Laidlaw?
Mike Laidlaw: I don't know, sir.
EA Superior: I don't fuckin' know either. I guess we learned not to do it again.
Mike Laidlaw: Yes, sir.
EA Superior: I'm fucked if I know what we did.
Mike Laidlaw: Yes, sir, it's, uh, hard to say.
EA Superior: Jesus Fucking Christ.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Prosper dude, I know it seems to be protocol to just ignore you and shit, but fuck it. I need to know what you smoke/snort/inject/etc. and where I can pick up some of that good shit. Thanks in advance!

Prosper II

Educated
Stasgard said:
Prosper dude, I know it seems to be protocol to just ignore you and shit, but fuck it. I need to know what you smoke/snort/inject/etc. and where I can pick up some of that good shit. Thanks in advance!

get a waffle. pour mouth wash and selsun blue on it. then piss on it before eating it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn what do you think of all those "balance" changes? Surely trash mob-health bloat and lieutenant/boss damage caps can't sit well with you."

Why the fuck do I give a shit about a patch for an ancient game I no longer play?

I played it twice. No need to do so again.

I'm on to more important things - Haley Reinhart.

So.. FUCK YEAH AND YOUR SILLY RPGs!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Bioware is shit.

/end of line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom