Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Gamespot Review

Project: Eternity
coldcrow said:
Jim Cojones said:

By the gods... Now I have seen it all :(
Is this serious? Please say no.

# Read The Firmament to determine which month your character was born in (though those with the Serpent birthsign may find this impossible). Choose a day in that month to be your birthday and celebrate it.

:lol:

How? By baking a cake?

Killing random townspeople, obviously

as a bonus, you can check who is essential and who is not :)

You can also honor your fallen enemies, in particular if they fought honorably (unlike assassins, bandits, or thieves).

Take their armor only to upgrade your own, not for profit.
Leave their weapon next to their body to symbolize that they died honorably.

I always strip them naked and leave them in lulsy positions. In fact, the nobler the enemy, the lulsier it is to see them with their head up their ass

Berekan said:
Read a book before going to bed, like you fell asleep reading
si13img02.jpg

"Ah, yes, that book has no pictures. Can't expect you to read it, can we?"

Funny line, but sounds really weird if you're a mage

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My favourites:

Enchant a necklace so you can name it, for example, Amulet of Teleportation. "Use" the amulet when you want to fast travel. Place limitations on its use (number of uses before recharging; procedure necessary to recharge it).

Knights typically wear human-made armor and weapons (no Daedric, Orcish, Elven or Dwarven). Knights often lived their lives with only one weapon; if you want to swap weapons, break your current one and give it a place of honor.

* Simulate damage from combat beyond simply losing health.
o Rest after a fight so you are prepared for your next encounter.
o After a major battle or after catching a disease, take several days to gradually heal. Slowly allow yourself to do more physically demanding activities.
o Have injuries consistent with the situation. When hit by arrows, assume the body part struck by the arrow is injured.
o If your leg has been damaged, you need to walk rather than run. You can represent limping by toggling sneak mode on and off.
o If your arm is injured, you may not be able to wield a weapon until healed. Or if your shield arm was injured, you have to fight without a shield, or switch to a one-handed instead of two-handed weapon.
o If you are injured in the head you might want to use less powerful or simpler spells, or not cast spells altogether, as they require attention and focus.
* Set additional limits on your character's health. Force yourself to reload the last save game if your health falls below a certain level, or if you are hit by more than a given number of arrows.
* When combat is too difficult, you might be scared and run instead of fighting. Perhaps after getting injured you become scared and flee.

Though is the hilarious character ideas master list related to this deleted or something?

Foamhead

Educated
Re: Uh oh

The Feral Kid said:
Really, I was aware of the level-scaling crap, but I was under the impression that they didn't go full Beth but kept it on a minimal level. And now I read this. Every possibility for me to play this game is now gone. This was the last bastion, and it's fallen. My DA torrent was actually half-finished but I stopped downloading it after reading this.

Are you reading this Mr. Gaider? He stopped pirating Dragon Age because of YOUR design choices. You just lost out on those crucial torrent dollars.

I hope you can live with yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom