Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Elves: Jewish-Negro-Gypsies?

sheek

Arbiter
Nurse grudges carried over from distant past, blame humans for all their own current problems/shitty living conditions, pretend to have cultural traditions, ridiculously distort history, believe in group responsibility (but only for others): isolationist Afrocentrics

Travel around in caravans, never settling in one place, leech off others and don't do any honest work, no sense of hospitality, perform occult rituals when they think they can get away with it: gypsies

Endlessly whine about history, inflate their own importance, tight-fisted (miserly equipment allowance after offering to help them), dishonest debating tactics, and have a giant persecution complex: Jews

sheek

Arbiter
They are honestly the most unlikable fantasy race I have ever encountered. I am playing a fairly goody character (moderate NG in D&D terms) but am seriously considering siding with the werewolves.

The speaking tree (Old Oak) is a great NPC though.

Elzair

Cipher
I took them for "wild" Amerindians. Honestly, they resemble basically every nomadic indigenous people.

sheek

Arbiter
Real-life native peoples (not wannabes or fantasists) are more multi-dimensional and less fake. If this is supposed to be a depiction of native Amerindians, it is insulting them. Massive fail for Canadian Bioware.

Truman

Scholar
sheek said:
Real-life native peoples (not wannabes or fantasists) are more multi-dimensional and less fake. If this is supposed to be a depiction of native Amerindians, it is insulting them. Massive fail for Canadian Bioware.

No, there are only two kinds of Native Americans I know of. One is just as needy and unmotivated as you mentioned in your original post. The other is a vegetable.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
They reminded more of American white trash but I guess thats because they were so boring. I kinda liked them though.

OomJislaaik

Educated
Kaanyrvhok said:
They reminded more of American white trash but I guess thats because they were so boring. I kinda liked them though.

I thought the exact same thing, I was almost expecting them to skin a possum, have a go at their daughters, or lament the fact that "them humans" are "tukkin' uuurrrr juuubbbbzzzz". American white trash is a more believable fit for the elves, especially the persecution complex, outdated fashion sense, inflated sense of self-worth, inflated sense of their own culture... and blind adherence to their religion

The list is seemingly endless.

See how fun stereotypes? :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom