Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Dreadwolf will finally be "fully revealed" in summer 2024

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bloodlines 2, but they will be both talked about for two weeks and then forgotten.
Honestly, that feels like almost every game nowadays.
If you are saying that both Bloodlines 2 and DA:DW will be average than yes, I agree with you.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
SJW-twitter-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82-Dragon-Age-4589877.png

:what:

Thank god he transitioned.

Mortmal

Arcane
At this point the only question is which will flop harder - this or Bloodlines 2.
Bloodlines 2, but they will be both talked about for two weeks and then forgotten.
Both will soon be forgotten. One can expect a mix of woke and the usual American puritanism again. That won't satisfy anyone, neither the grognards nor the more progressive crowd, as it will be compared to Baldur's Gate 3 and look extremely lazy and prude in comparison.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Cool, looking forward to more quality Hinterlands like zones from DA:I where you are slowly running around on a horse bored out of your mind trying to avoid dull combat but persist due to being compelled by some primitive instinct to chase all the shiny glowing things and explore the massive map, only 27 more to go!

VerSacrum

Educated
At this point the only question is which will flop harder - this or Bloodlines 2.
Bloodlines because of its "legendary" reputation it can't possibly live up to for sure.
Nobody except some die hard fangirls really cares about Dragon Age at this point and they'll eat anything up as long as it has enough fag romances in it.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, this is a trailer for their 2024 trailer featuring mildly animated concept art? That sure sounds like it will bring the series forward!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Except Elden Ring did just fine. Starfield lacks quality gameplay or compelling reasons to explore.
Elden Ring is open world but it does not come across to me as anyone would describe it as "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" the same way someone would a Bethesda game. Open worlds certainly haven't fallen out of favor, but the Beth-style has.
Considering that the last "Beth-style" Open World RPG released by Bethesda itself was Fallout 4 in 2015, and even that reportedly moved somewhat away from being an RPG in the direction of looter-shooters, it would seem premature to suggest that this sort of game has necessarily fallen out of favor, but rather that Bethesda should have continued making this sort of game.

It is correct that Elden Ring is a hybrid of FromSoftware's Action RPG formula from the Demon's/Dark Souls series with an Open World RPG, so still something with much more action-based combat and much more of a focus on that combat, relative to Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, with greater depth in its combat systems while not being as "wide as an ocean" or even as wide as an Elder Scrolls game.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I hate how fucked release schedules are these days that we get an announcement date for trailers. In games that have been in development so long I swear you could measure it in decades rather than years.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I hate how fucked release schedules are these days that we get an announcement date for trailers. In games that have been in development so long I swear you could measure it in decades rather than years.
Gamedev is concentrated incompetence.

Most normal, sane, competent people: Hey, we've got a plan. Let's make this thing.

Gamedevs: I need 200 million dollars to make this glorified visual novel, it'll take a decade to develop, I'll burn all my bridges to "make it," and it'll never be released. And then I'll blame my audience for it.

Shaki

Arbiter
Both will soon be forgotten. One can expect a mix of woke and the usual American puritanism again. That won't satisfy anyone, neither the grognards nor the more progressive crowd, as it will be compared to Baldur's Gate 3 and look extremely lazy and prude in comparison.
Nah they'll follow the money and try to copy and improve on BG3 formula of hardcore catering to fetishists. New DA will have fuckable furry companions with interactive sex scenes and mandatory double penetration of your PC by two bearded trans "women". Stats and character builds will become important again, but they'll affect only your sexual performance. Combat will only happen in cutscenes, to improve on BG3's boring "press haste then rightclick for 5 minutes", but itemization will be greatly extended, with your character being able to equip more than 500 types of lingerie, BDSM harnesses and dildos.

You'll love the game and praise it as an RPG of the century, true BG3 killer.

Nah they'll follow the money and try to copy and improve on BG3 formula of hardcore catering to fetishists. New DA will have fuckable furry companions with interactive sex scenes and mandatory double penetration of your PC by two bearded trans "women". Stats and character builds will become important again, but they'll affect only your sexual performance. Combat will only happen in cutscenes, to improve on BG3's boring "press haste then rightclick for 5 minutes", but itemization will be greatly extended, with your character being able to equip more than 500 types of lingerie, BDSM harnesses and dildos.

you have your design document right there, man. time to develop your dream game!

Shaki

Arbiter

you have your design document right there, man. time to develop your dream game!
Funnily enough, I remember arguing with rusty about DOS2, and telling him that maybe in BG3 instead of just being topped by big red lizard, Larian will let him get DPd by a vampire and a werewolf, and it actually happened, just need to replace werewolf for a shapeshifting bear. I suspect Swen reads Codex and steals my ideas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom