Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dragon Age Combat Hands-On and More!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When did the news become all Dragon Age all the time?
Is there going to be 6 more months of this before it's released?

Hegel

Arcane
No, just the time necessary for David Gaider to lose a few dozen of pounds out of stress.

Elzair

Cipher
Clockwork_Knight said:
Wyrmlord said:
What the fuck?

They have already revealed who the main villain is?

These guys are incredibly shitty.

Maybe this is one of those games where you know who the main villain is 5 minutes into the game, so it doesn't matter anyway. See FO2 - Frank Horrigan.

The Enclave does not become the main villain until after the Chosen One returns to Arroyo with the G.E.C.K. There were some hints about the Enclave in Klamath and New Reno, though. Frank Horrigan was never onscreen long enough to make me remember him for long; compared to Colonel Autumn, however, he was as fleshed out as Sarevok.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Horrigan had some gud backstory if you ventured into the Military Base, though.

denizsi

Arcane
Try not to spread this much, but I know a guy at BW Q/A, and we were talking about the latest combat trailer the other day. I told him how awkward the sex scene, at the end of the trailer, looked and that BW was really making an embarrassment out of this whole maturity deal. Well, naturally, he disagreed with me, or pretended to do so, and he went onto say something like "if you find that kind of thing immature, wait until you see the Kama Sutra quest when the game ships". I pressured him to tell more, and he finally hinted that there's a quest involving a lost book about sex and having sex with various NPCs who had that book, and that they jokingly refer to it as the Kama Sutra quest between themselves at Q/A. He tried to assure me that it isn't as silly as it sounds, and that it ties into the main quest at some point.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
1240849301795.jpg

Kama sutra quest

I'm guessing this will be a "fetch my book" quest with some humorous remarks as you question npc's about it. Meh.

Morrowind had that Curio guy that hits on you during the main quest, just some kinda funny dialogue, and some people were actually very angry (and very vocal about it) because they were exposed to teh ghey.

Also, the sex scenes in the video weren't half bad. Before looking, I was expecting hardcore pr0nz; all it shows is a naked couple (still doesn't have anything to do with violence)

Thrasher

Erudite
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever visit videogamer.com.
Don't give them the hits.
Let them die.

Unless you like wallowing in a complete shifest.

sheek

Arbiter
This RPG is looking better and better every preview.

Once the actual fight broke out properly, combat proved to be equally reminiscent of KOTOR. You can flit between each of your four fighters as you wish, moving them manually with the WASD keys (this was on PC, obviously) or by ordering them to a certain spot with a simple mouse click. While you're assuming control of one fighter you can leave the rest to be handled by the AI, or you can pause the game and jump back and forth assigning commands to each member of the party; given the chaos and complexity of the battle, I found this second method to be pretty much essential.
The problem of course is that you tell everyone what to do (because the AI is so stupid), but as soon as you switch back to your default character they'll go and do something that makes no sense and negates whatever you accomplished by giving them orders manually three seconds ago.

Since the only way to have proper tactical control is to give order to each NPC, why tie the player to only controlling one at a time through their perspective? Just make it an RTS... or IWD/Baldur's Gate style. Then you could actually be old-school with it meaning something.

Hegel

Arcane
sheek said:
This RPG is looking better and better every preview.

Once the actual fight broke out properly, combat proved to be equally reminiscent of KOTOR. You can flit between each of your four fighters as you wish, moving them manually with the WASD keys (this was on PC, obviously) or by ordering them to a certain spot with a simple mouse click. While you're assuming control of one fighter you can leave the rest to be handled by the AI, or you can pause the game and jump back and forth assigning commands to each member of the party; given the chaos and complexity of the battle, I found this second method to be pretty much essential.
The problem of course is that you tell everyone what to do (because the AI is so stupid), but as soon as you switch back to your default character they'll go and do something that makes no sense and negates whatever you accomplished by giving them orders manually three seconds ago.

Since the only way to have proper tactical control is to give order to each NPC, why tie the player to only controlling one at a time through their perspective? Just make it an RTS... or IWD/Baldur's Gate style. Then you could actually be old-school with it meaning something.
Old school? Like KOTOR? :cry:

Fenril

Scholar
I wonder if they will include asshole crawling space hamsters in this one....or maybe some variation of this.

Also If I cant screw all the females in my party in whatever order I choose and then dump them all and see them whine according to their deep personalities im not getting this game. Period.

Ok maybe "banging" one of the my party female NPCs is enough, but only after flirting with all the others.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thrasher said:
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever visit videogamer.com.
Don't give them the hits.
Let them die.
This.

Also, the topic reminds me of how cool OotS is. Selling your soul, what nonsense. Lease, now that's a deal we can discuss.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
a meaty boss battle from halfway through the story.

witness the illiteracy of the rpg codex:

What the fuck?

They have already revealed who the main villain is?

These guys are incredibly shitty.

Maybe this is one of those games where you know who the main villain is 5 minutes into the game, so it doesn't matter anyway. See FO2 - Frank Horrigan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom