Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I want to hear more about Dragon Age 2 so I made another thread about it, post your thoughts messieurs dames

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It's the best RPG experience in gaming since Mass Effect 2. What more is there to talk about?

edit:

<Friend on IRC> i also just took a dogs gall bladder to sell for 5 copper, a hallmark of any good rpg.

Hegel

Arcane
Best game ever. Man on man action is so realistic.

Phelot

Arcane
I played DA:O... no amount of conniving is gonna get me to try this game. Same goes for ME2. Fuck you all. NEVER AGAIN.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Not really. That was a 4chan raid of all the reviews there.

edit:

<Friend On IRC> suddenly biowares romances make sense http://i.imgur.com/pvnfl.png

pvnfl.png

FaChoi

Educated
Jaesun said:

It wasn't really a 4chan 'raid' don't you think the reviews would have been more retarded and far more of them?

That was just something Gaidar posted to reassure BioWhores.

Though there has been a lot of forum trolling outta there but i'm sure noone here was responisble for any of that

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
FaChoi said:
Jaesun said:

It wasn't really a 4chan 'raid' don't you think the reviews would have been more retarded and far more of them?

That was just something Gaidar posted to reassure BioWhores.

Though there has been a lot of forum trolling outta there but i'm sure noone here was responisble for any of that

Apparently you don't read /v/

Most (not all) of the reviews are blatant trolling.

FaChoi

Educated
Suppose it depends on whats considered a raid.

The story was;

Bioware types were telling people who said it was bad to look at all the (critics) reviews on metacritic as ammo against haters, at this time there was hardly any user reviews. The ones that were there raised the same arguments as the ones now do. This Link should be the pc reviews sorted by age, its ass backwards and the first reviews are at the bottom of the page. Rather positive I'd say anyway in WNxWind's review the reviews he references are gone from the site as far as I can see, however I did read them at the time and they were not /v/ derp rage bs but very similar to my own review a little further up which hasn't been pruned.

So /v/ did not start a omg lol so random 'raid' but someone did post a link and say vote this down and everything was pretty sane.

My point, assuming the tired fever hasn't burned my mind too much and I do infact have one is it was not an organised mass hate attack for no reason. The reviews make vaild points, the scores are lower than they should be. But the Bioware pr machine is trying to take the sting out of it but calling it a 4 chan attack.

I hope that made sense, I've been roaming /v/ since I finished the game on whatever say that was bro. That and here kept me amused sadly.

And there probably were hate bandwagon reviews but it's too simple to blame all that on anon bs.

The 4chan "raid" just means that a large number of 4channers thought DA2 was shit and decided to concentrate on making their voice heard on one site rather then being drown out by the ocean of dumbfucks and paid shills everywhere. It in no way invalidates the reviews, and most of them have far better written critiques than any of the reviews giving DA2 a good score.

Ferran

Novice
roll-a-die said:
What game is that in the video, it looks far superior to DA2.

Don't really know, but almost anything is superior to DA2, so there's plenty of other choices for better entertainment.

Angthoron

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
The 4chan "raid" just means that a large number of 4channers thought DA2 was shit and decided to concentrate on making their voice heard on one site rather then being drown out by the ocean of dumbfucks and paid shills everywhere. It in no way invalidates the reviews, and most of them have far better written critiques than any of the reviews giving DA2 a good score.

Not that I have much experience of 4chan ways, but wouldn't an actual raid have much larger numbers than the sad 500 total reviews, with possible cross-reviewing across all platforms?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:

edit:

<Friend On IRC> suddenly biowares romances make sense http://i.imgur.com/pvnfl.png

pvnfl.png

Ah, yes, Maria Caliban. I actually think she is some alt of Gaider, or his wife/ho. Check any of her posts out, you will hear and feel the slurping from miles away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom