Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2, Qunari are OGRES

Multi-headed Cow

A link and some pictures http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/ ... olved.aspx
QunariSwordMan_Render728c.jpg

Qunari_swordman728-610c.jpg

2d1sd2u.png

Multi-headed Cow

A good way to keep a new IP and setting rolling and popular, make one product with it and then completely change it in the next.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
so, it looks like bioware got a bad case of post-daggerfall-bethesdoitis.....

Luzur

Good Sir
looks like someone is closet homosexual at bioware.

only thing missing fromt he pics are tight assless leatherpants and a little leather cap between the horns.

Bruticis

Luzur said:
looks like someone is closet homosexual at bioware.

only thing missing fromt he pics are tight assless leatherpants and a little leather cap between the horns.

That's coming in DLC pack 3.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Hopefully they won't try to make the connection between elves and shrieks more obvious.

aries202

Erudite
-ehm-

It is stated quite explicitly in the codex in Dragon Age: Origins that the Darkspawn Broodmothers create Ogres from the Qunari, hardly no surprise there. And those screenshots are - I guess?, concept art?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'm curious about the Elf and Dwarf redesigns. The art style in the OP isn't terrible, and any less genericism in the Tolkien races would be welcome.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Except it actually doesn't?

Except it actually does. Same jawline, brow, eye sockets, mouth, cheeks. Horns are different as is the growth on Perl's mug, and of course the texture color, but I never said they were exact. Wouldn't surprise me if the artist had used something like that subconsciously.

Stop being a tiresome faggot and get a fucking job loser, instead of whining like a bitch about everything.

Seolas

Liturgist
Isn't it part of the lore that all Qunari except special ones (like Sten) have horns? Surely I read that somewhere, though it wouldn't explain all the hornless Quanari mercenaries in the game.

Inziladun

Magister
Seolas said:
Isn't it part of the lore that all Qunari except special ones (like Sten) have horns? Surely I read that somewhere, though it wouldn't explain all the hornless Quanari mercenaries in the game.

In the article?

I don't think it was in the original game, but I may be wrong.

What's throwing me off is that he's a grayish color, I don't understand why.

visions

Arcane
The skin tone and warpaint make them look somewhat like less dumb and gluttonous and more ripped Warhammer ogres. The colour is exactly like WH ogres, which is cool.

1eyedking

Erudite
commie said:
Except it actually does. Same jawline, brow, eye sockets, mouth, cheeks. Horns are different as is the growth on Perl's mug, and of course the texture color, but I never said they were exact. Wouldn't surprise me if the artist had used something like that subconsciously.

Stop being a tiresome faggot and get a fucking job loser, instead of whining like a bitch about everything.
No it doesn't. You're reading too much into it.

Radisshu

Prophet
Lavoisier said:
What was wrong with the qunari before?

Apparently they weren't grimdark enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom