Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2 PC combat footage

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
At 3:16 here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/unnamedd ... eo/6284996

It looks tremendous and really fun. I know most people here will hate on it because it's a Bioware game, but I encourage new readers to draw their own conclusions.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
BeholderX said:
It looks tremendous and really fun.
it looks like 5 seconds of footage that doesn't really show anything other than the combat looking more actiony.

Relay

Educated
BeholderX said:
At 3:16 here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/unnamedd ... eo/6284996

It looks tremendous and really fun. I know most people here will hate on it because it's a Bioware game, but I encourage new readers to draw their own conclusions.

Most JRPG play more like a RPG than DA2 actiony button mashing, which says a lot about what Bioware has become.
I hate to admit, but Bethesda and Obsidian are the only developers who are still making RPGs, no matter how shitty they are. Bio doesn't make RPG anymore, it makes interactive movies with actiony combat.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I heard Dragon Age 2 will take the hardcore-button-mashing to a whole new level. True? I predict a sparkling quest trail for DA 3.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hear dragon age 2 will feature a crossover with ME3 where you have to go into the future and fight the reapers.

Frosal

Novice
He's trolling...

Seriously, these post 26th January users!

If that was xBox version, PC will be the same, so trolling fails.
P.S. "Our combat was p. shitty and fillery, so instead of trying to improve it we ditched it altogether! Now you can button mash with just one hand! :thumbsup: "

dragonfk

Erudite
Seems that Dragon Age 2 will be the same thing that Mass Effect 2 was for it predecessor. I don't think it's a bad thing.

You just have to lower your expectations in regards with Bioware. Guys above me said that they don't make RPG anymore. And that's fine with me. Show me another who makes RPG-lite games as good as Mass Effect 2. Really do tell. I want to play them.

You people are living the dream of playing BG 3. Isometric party-based old-Biowarian goodness. And it ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

Nael

Arcane
It looks like the very definition of "twitch combat". The animation looks like shit on top of that. And Ladyhawke or whatever the main character's name is looks like a faggot.

:decline:

Nael

Arcane
dragonfk said:
You people are living the dream of playing BG 3. Isometric party-based old-Biowarian goodness. And it ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

128934444683333559.jpg

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
dragonfk said:
And that's fine with me. Show me another who makes RPG-lite games as good as Mass Effect 2. Really do tell. I want to play them.
Piranhabyteslogo.png

Dantus12

Educated
PC footage from another ME2 style port.

The close ups, and animations are lacking. Low res textures and motion blur galore .

They should at least pay the ME2 team for basic modeling and animations.

Expected, but still disappointing .

And not a single time one of them said:

"When You Left - click the mouse button - something awesome happens." :)

______

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Stainless Veteran said:
If that was xBox version, PC will be the same, so trolling fails.

xbOX version with toolbar and hotkeys numbered 1,2,...,9,0? You really are the most ignorant motherfucker on these forums.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
I like how everyone at Bioware thinks Hawke is some badass looking dude, but he really looks pretty gay. He looks like Number One from Star Trek: TNG.

Beard doesn't always = manly, silly Canadians.

EDIT: Also, why the hell did they decide to keep the stupid ass 'blood specks'? It looks like the party was trying to paint somebody's ceiling red and got a little overzealous. It's not 'brutal' or 'bad ass', it's fucking silly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom