Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2: Cumming

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
Sceptic said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Well it's not like Morrigan always got knocked up in Dragon Age.
Bio have already claimed elsewhere that the PC sleeping with Morrigan is the "canon" ending. Why the fuck would they do that if the DA2 plot doesn't then make us of that? What's the point?
C&C huh?

"OH NO YOUR CHOICE IS NON CANON! YOU ARE NOW MEDIEVAL SHEPARD!"

It's frightening to think that in 10 years hardcore gamers will tell the newfags
"Man DA was a real RPG not like this dating sim DA3!"

More frightening that they will be right.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Sceptic said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Bio have already claimed elsewhere that the PC sleeping with Morrigan is the "canon" ending. Why the fuck would they do that if the DA2 plot doesn't then make us of that? What's the point?

So you've already read the entire plot of DA2 I see. Care to send me a copy?

Multi-headed Cow

Sceptic said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
I hadn't heard that. If that's canon as in "IF YOU PLAY DRAGON AGE 2 MORRIGAN'S BABBY WILL BE IN IT" as opposed to "If you make a new Dragon Age 2 character then the canon will be she shat out a kid, but if you import a save then it will depend on your choice" that will be annoying as shit.

chzr

Erudite
Well after mass effect 2 we know bioware doesn't give a fuck about what happened in prequels, so...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Although to be fair, Fallout 2 did set some things as "canon" regarding choices in Fallout 1. You really can't avoid it in a situation like that.

That's why if you make a sequel to a game with C&C, you should set it in a different area of the world so it couldn't be affected by any of the choices you make in the first game.

Azarkon

Arcane
So, Bioware going down the pre-defined character route they started with ME, eh? Not too unexpected, but does remind me of another genre of RPGs that have traditionally used this mode of design: JRPGs.

Remember this little gem from Bioware's good doctors a year ago?

"The fall of the JRPG in large part is due to a lack of evolution, a lack of progression," Zeschuk said. "They kept delivering the same thing over and over. They make the dressing better, they look prettier, but it's still the same experience.

"My favorite thing, it's funny when you still see it, but the joke of some of the dialogue systems where it asks, 'do you wanna do this or this,' and you say no. 'Do you wanna do this or this?' No. 'Do you wanna do this or this?' No. Lemme think -- you want me to say 'yes.' And that, unfortunately, really characterized the JRPG."

Ah, the ironies of the game industry.

chzr

Erudite
"The fall of the JRPG in large part is due to a lack of evolution, a lack of progression," Zeschuk said. "They kept delivering the same thing over and over. They make the dressing better, they look prettier, but it's still the same experience.

"My favorite thing, it's funny when you still see it, but the joke of some of the dialogue systems where it asks, 'do you wanna do this or this,' and you say no. 'Do you wanna do this or this?' No. 'Do you wanna do this or this?' No. Lemme think -- you want me to say 'yes.' And that, unfortunately, really characterized the JRPG."

This sounds exactly like a bioware game, the difference is you have 2 options, 'yes' and 'of course' :<

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
chzr said:
This sounds exactly like a bioware game, the difference is you have 2 options, 'yes' and 'of course' :<

Not much of a Bioware fan, eh? You're missing the edgy, third option: "Fuck you. I'm doing it MY way!" Generally, this results in an EXTREME cutscene and identical gameplay/story arc.

chzr

Erudite
mediocrepoet said:
chzr said:

Not much of a Bioware fan, eh? You're missing the edgy, third option: "Fuck you. I'm doing it MY way!" Generally, this results in an EXTREME cutscene and identical gameplay/story arc.

fan? not, but hater either. just disappoint with mass effect 2 email my ass c&c.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom