Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! Released

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just curious - do most people prefer a game with good mechanics and gameplay, or an involving story? Or a mixture of both? This just popped into mind and I was wondering.
Do we shift gears, so to speak, when reading a book or watching a movie vs. playing a game?

For example, would something like the movie "First Blood" make a good video game, or is the story more workable as a movie or book?

Good mechanics, good gameplay. And the way you talk about games, you're all about fun interactivity, fooling around and breaking the game in creative ways, which is exactly what I want in a game. Keep it this way! :D

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So is anyone going to review this game? I'd like to know a bit more in-depth about it before I decide to get it or not. The youtube video looked like it's something I'd probably enjoy, but I still want to know more.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Might be best to wait until it hits Steam, unless it's clear that won't happen without PR.

The first third of the game is also available for free.

DrDungeon

Developer
Yo crpgnut! Thanks for all the comments. I did indeed want originally to make more large cities in Madman, but it was seriously a matter of time and resource constraints that kept me from making a bunch of
large cities. There are a total of 164 unique items in the game. I tried my best to vary up the wilderness areas with cliffs, desert plateaus, swamps, etc., and an occasional house and several
out-of-the-way dungeons.

Wereshade Castle is a kind of city unto itself, and near the end is the large underground complex, found later in the game. Things take a somewhat dire turn by then.

The main problem with the whole 7 year project was the working solo part. Every single graphic, sound effect and programming I had to do myself, with the exception of the music score,
most of which was got at the great Shockwave sound where you can purchase a license to use music. This save a ton of money, but was still about $500.

Making a fairly large game is an insanely complicated process, and usually they have a whole team at work, and a big budget.

Hopefully I can generate enough that for Ultizurk IV, I can at least hire an artist and maybe some extra help. That would make things a lot quicker!

Good work on finding the "sneaky" way out of the Blasted Lands! I think that was you. The important thing there is to deal with Fiametta and her little quest, plus maybe read
her note if you haven't read the Water Witches note.

So for now, this is about the most I can do all by myself. Let us hope it will suffice, and who knows what the future may bring? -Rob

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom