Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Doublebear Moral II

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: DoubleBear Productions

Brian Mitsoda continues to talk about <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1402.0.html">Morale</a> over at Iron Tower.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">You can think of it like this – while having food should be enough to generate good will, it’s not – people expect to eat, it’s an imperative. As gross as it sounds, people don’t need to bathe to live, but after a few days of hiking to the nearest towns and being covered in zombie gore, a bar of soap is going to be more valuable to your allies than gold. However low the Morale is at the Shelter that day, just having the small luxuries we’re used to can put things in perspective for the survivors – all might be lost, but at least you can still grab a cup of coffee and a hot shower, and that’s one less thing to worry about. Luxury items give people a way to forget about the horrors outside or their losses, so as long as they have toilet paper, a paperback, and a cigarette, their stress is kept to a minimum and the illusion of society is preserved for another day.
<br>
</p>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.irontowerstudio.com">The Iron Tower</A>

Kz3r0

Arcane
I have hopes for this game, really, may Steel be with them.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The cruelty potential is strong in this game. I look forward to creating a jerkass control freak, and see how far I can progress in the game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I hope the gameplay isn't devoured by constant babysitting and mundane gimmicks like bathing, drinking coffee and other "luxuries". What's next ? Relieving stress by pissing, shitting and masturbating ?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
To make the joke about doublebear and doublenigger or not to make the joke, that is the question. Moral choice even. Not very funny that would be. But so very codexlike.

And about the game. Well design philosophy is nice and dandy but some actual gameplay info would be nice.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Malakal said:
To make the joke about doublebear and doublenigger or not to make the joke, that is the question. Moral choice even. Not very funny that would be. But so very codexlike.

And about the game. Well design philosophy is nice and dandy but some actual gameplay info would be nice.

Agreed. Also, can I have romance options/secks with Zombies. This is very important.

Morkar Left

Sounds good to me. This could be an interesting game from what I read so far. If/when it´s released I will give it a try.

denizsi

Arcane
I somehow get the feeling that this was inspired by gifts in DAO. Golden necklace of Andraste for Lelianna in DAO = a bar of soap or deodorant for that spoilt brat in your party in ZP. I really doubt this will be anything significantly more.

Ch1ef

Scholar
As gross as it sounds, people don’t need to bathe to live, but after a few days of hiking to the nearest towns and being covered in zombie gore, a bar of soap is going to be more valuable to your allies than gold.
:bravo:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom