Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info DoubleBear Dev update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: DoubleBear Productions

Brian Mitsoda continues his <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1419.0.html">design updates.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">This week, I wanted to clear up some confusion about the engine for ZRPG. We’re reusing/modifying a lot of the code used to make AoD, although our actual engine is Torque 3D. Torque 3D gives a significant boost to graphical capability and effects. AoD uses an older version of Torque (TGE) and their code is currently being ported over to the new engine for our game. All our models, props, animations, and other bells and whistles are being created for the new engine. We released an in-engine screenshot in December to give people an idea of the visual quality of the game. Some of our artists will be dropping in to introduce themselves and show off some of their work in an upcoming update.
<br>
</p>
<br>

Melcar

Arcane
So that means the game won't run like thick diarrhea then? Good. Don't care much for graphics and effects, as long as it looks clean and runs fast.

DriacKin

Arbiter
I don't care much for if it looks clean and runs fast, as long as it actually gets released within the next 10 years.

MisterStone

Arcane
Yeah, that was the only real disappointing thing about AoD. My old POS computer can run Mount and Blade on low settings with 50 units on the board at once, and run it well enough to play properly, so it seems kind of sad that AOD should be so horribly slow. To the point of being unplayable almost.

Hopefully I will have a new machine within a few months, but a better engine is a good idea regardless of what machine people are running it on.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If they don't put a bear in the library in the final game, I am going to be dissapoint.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Here is the pic. It was using the T3D demo, that's why it has the funny HUD and FOV.

Also it's kinda of a tech test, it has no "zombie" vibe, before you start complaining (again). It's just for you to see the general graphic level we are aiming to.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
So from the screeenshot I am led to believe that this is a zombie RPG with no zombies. These guys are way to amateur to pull this off if they don't even have zombies.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Country_Gravy said:
So from the screeenshot I am led to believe that this is a zombie RPG with no zombies. These guys are way to amateur to pull this off if they don't even have zombies.

Tell me you are joking. You are joking, right?

MisterStone said:
Yeah, that was the only real disappointing thing about AoD. My old POS computer can run Mount and Blade on low settings with 50 units on the board at once, and run it well enough to play properly, so it seems kind of sad that AOD should be so horribly slow. To the point of being unplayable almost.
Yeah, I tried the AoD demo on my old laptop and it ran like total shit. Mind you, that laptop could run Quake 3 and NOLF2 on max, and they looked much, much better than AoD.

Also,
Elhoim said:
zrpggun.png
Futuristic weapons? Do not want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom