Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota Hon Steam Valve Blizzard Gears lol legal

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've been reading about the legal situation surrounding HoN and Valve and Icefrog and it's kind of depressing. Apparently everyone is suing each other to get the rights to Dota so that they can take all the $$$ and they're trying to copyright attack speed auras and jesus fuck legal shit sucks.

Joghurt

Augur
Ed123 said:
Also hosts the biggest bunch of pseudo-elitist wankstains I've ever come across.

Nop. Codex hosts the biggest bunch of pseudo-elitist wankstains I've ever come across. DotA is second tho.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
League of LEgends was decently amusing. But probably mostly because all the inane kiddies were playing HoN instead, thinking they were XTREME.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Joghurt said:
Ed123 said:
Also hosts the biggest bunch of pseudo-elitist wankstains I've ever come across.

Nop. Codex hosts the biggest bunch of pseudo-elitist wankstains I've ever come across. DotA is second tho.
Codex isn't pseudo, sorry.

Well, maybe some of the newfags.

Archibald

Arcane
Ulminati said:
League of LEgends was decently amusing. But probably mostly because all the inane kiddies were playing HoN instead, thinking they were XTREME.

Kids play lol because it`s free. Get your facts straight, sir.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Koei should have the rights. The whole thing started as a Dynasty Warriors ripoff on SC anyways. Icefrog is fucking nobody, he didn't even make DotA. DotA is fucking nothing. You could maybe say the original AoS was an ip worthy of copyright, but the entire concept is stupid, they may as well try and get the rights to tower defense games.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why not? Other people ran it before him. He didn't even come up with the fucking idea. Shall we credit Kotick for SC1's success next? He's been running Blizzard for the last couple years after all. :roll:

attackfighter

Magister
brood wars corpse is still warm and blizzards already moved onto their next victim

that company's a fucking vulture

Archibald

Arcane
DamnedRegistrations said:
Why not? Other people ran it before him. He didn't even come up with the fucking idea. Shall we credit Kotick for SC1's success next? He's been running Blizzard for the last couple years after all. :roll:

Before Icefrog Dota was shit. Starcraft was good before Kotick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom