Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Is there ANY way to play MA ermor that doesnt involve Lictor spam?

I like their style of popkill + freespawn but if I have to do the same thing every game it will kinda be boring

Dayyālu

Arcane
I like their style of popkill + freespawn but if I have to do the same thing every game it will kinda be boring

Uhhh.... play Asphodel instead? Heard it got some buffs and now it's very interesting to play.

Ermor never had variety in its strategic options, sadly. They're probably the most one-tone nation bar some Giants nations, and it's all thugging while using chaff to cover. It is how it is. If we ever get to a MA game (you were interested, maybe I can get another one going when we reach the 72h phase of the current one) maybe you can test it.

Johannes

Arcane

Can't say whether spamming Lictors is mandatory, but just because you have a staple unit, doesn't mean it always plays the same - certainly you can vary how much you lean into it

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Can't say whether spamming Lictors is mandatory, but just because you have a staple unit, doesn't mean it always plays the same - certainly you can vary how much you lean into it
Yea fairly sure you need dusk elders way more than any lictors.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I guess the other alternative is using your Mages? Rigor Mortis/Unlife Spells/Terror?

Dusk Elder can also be a Thug I assume due to Undead/Ethereal, especially if you get Earth/Water? 2 of the Heroes for MA Emor are amazing but I am not sure if depending on Heroes to be your Thug is viable due to RNG

Demo.Graph

Liturgist

I guess the other alternative is using your Mages? Rigor Mortis/Unlife Spells/Terror?

Dusk Elder can also be a Thug I assume due to Undead/Ethereal, especially if you get Earth/Water? 2 of the Heroes for MA Emor are amazing but I am not sure if depending on Heroes to be your Thug is viable due to RNG
IIRC MP metagame up to Dom 4...
Ermor almost never spends D gems on chaff. All D gems go to mages, research skulls, globals, important battles, maybe some crafting.
And this's a problem of lictors and wailing ladies - there's no reliable way to get them without D gems, so they almost never see play.
Ermor serously lacks path diversity and RP generation, so unless you have recruitable sages AND a bunch of dwarven hammers AND you already have well of misery and maybe BOT, you have no D gems to spare. And even then you maybe want to spam death eaters and tartarians, not lictors. And the rest goes to alchemy for aforementioned path diversity.
Ermor hungers for D (pun intended) so much, it almost never even wants to summon national priests, since indep priests are available. The only exception is H3 priests that go with each army of 30+ Knights of the Unholy Sepulchre. These are Ermorian sacred chaff, not lictors. You spam forts and IIRC temples to zerg spawn knights.
The only thing Ermor wants as much as D gems is gold, because you want temples and forts literally everywhere.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

You get an army for free and if you get research it can fight with anything, in darkness, with army of bronze mistformed skeletons can defeat massed giants. The problem is getting to that with pathetic Ermor research.

Johannes

Arcane

Ermor almost never spends D gems on chaff. All D gems go to mages, research skulls, globals, important battles, maybe some crafting.
And this's a problem of lictors and wailing ladies - there's no reliable way to get them without D gems, so they almost never see play.
Ermor serously lacks path diversity and RP generation, so unless you have recruitable sages AND a bunch of dwarven hammers AND you already have well of misery and maybe BOT, you have no D gems to spare. And even then you maybe want to spam death eaters and tartarians, not lictors. And the rest goes to alchemy for aforementioned path diversity.
Ermor hungers for D (pun intended) so much, it almost never even wants to summon national priests, since indep priests are available. The only exception is H3 priests that go with each army of 30+ Knights of the Unholy Sepulchre. These are Ermorian sacred chaff, not lictors. You spam forts and IIRC temples to zerg spawn knights.
The only thing Ermor wants as much as D gems is gold, because you want temples and forts literally everywhere.
In 5, some people were touting that maxing Lictor bless and Lictor production is the best way to play Ermor. Don't know personally, never was in a game with them or played them, but it's plausible that that was strong and still is. But kind of a dead end since by investing D gems there, you're totally forgoing research.

But Dominions isn't played competitively enough for the game to be figured out at all, let alone when we got a new version now. Just do your own research and testing and see where it takes you.

Andnjord

Arcane
You get an army for free
The only cost is your sanity as you’ll have to spend an inordinate amount of time shuffling around your chaff and sacreds (that spawn only a couple at a time in your mountain of forts). Oh and Scelaria can get exponentially more skellies than you do.

And your dual elders are also all astral 1, so they’re free magic duel targets to anyone who’s expecting you.

TheDarkUrge

Educated

In 5, some people were touting that maxing Lictor bless and Lictor production is the best way to play Ermor. Don't know personally, never was in a game with them or played them, but it's plausible that that was strong and still is. But kind of a dead end since by investing D gems there, you're totally forgoing research.

But Dominions isn't played competitively enough for the game to be figured out at all, let alone when we got a new version now. Just do your own research and testing and see where it takes you.
Well you have to do the black laurels for the lictors to be worth the gems but yeah I think i'll just try to learn a different undead nation the lack of research just limits your flexibility so much. It's a shame though cause I just find them very cool... I've been playing therodos in EA and their mobility is great

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom