Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bloody hell me playing supply chain sim is out of my depth, I guess it's good I didn't register

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I have a somewhat funky pg ready for sauro, we got anyone picking the elephant idol with reconstruction and F/A for invicble expansion and teleporting evocation spam memes?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I am thinking of switching to Yomi. The caves are not a welcoming place :( Seriously, if one "lucks" into a cramped cave start with mostly shades or cynophilian (or whatever they are called) indies, GL!
Maybe a magic weapon bless would be mandatory, but that limits to awake. I don't know...

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Well that's not the issue. I can think of other expanders (Myrmecoleon, maybe Man-Eater or Scorpion dude) which should have no problems. But if you roll a cave start with bad indies and have no awake pretender, the initial expansion would be very slow.

sqeecoo

Arcane
You know what, screw the elves, I don't know what to do with them. I'll take Mekone when it's my turn, always wanted to play as the Fedorachads.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I narrowed it to three nations basically just can't decide. Seems like people didn't go for toppest picks (other than ubar) so I won't either.
Is Ubar really that good ? It seemed to me (but I'm a noob) that its slower expansion, few sacreds and easy to counter SC would balance its overall strong units.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I narrowed it to three nations basically just can't decide. Seems like people didn't go for toppest picks (other than ubar) so I won't either.
Is Ubar really that good ? It seemed to me (but I'm a noob) that its slower expansion, few sacreds and easy to counter SC would balance its overall strong units.

Ubar is about as powerful as a non balling-out-of-control blood nation can be with insanely mobile super strong SC chassis and troops and summons.

They are very difficult to fight for non prepared nations what with bullshit invisibility, ethereal out the ass and flying.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Seems we got a water nation after all!

I gotta say I'm digging the new bless system, and that you can't really do statblesses anymore (I mean, you can, but you get way less than you would in dom5). That's part of the reason I gave up on TNN, I just didn't have a clear idea what I'd want from the pretender, although the nation is clearly very strong. On the other hand, stuff like Mictlan is probably stronger than ever despite the statbless nerfs, making massively increased numbers jaguar warriors with the increased economy, even if their bless is weaker (I used to run +10 str, resistances, attack skill, and hp on them, now you're lucky to get to 60% of that). Part of why I didn't pick Mictlan although it's probably my favorite nation - I feel people should gang up on them if playing properly.
Ubar is not far from that category I think - there's more money now, but Ubar's troops are so superior to other nations' regulars that are supposed to be the bulk of your forces now that I think they are even more of a target than they were, since your normal troops can barely touch them.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems we got a water nation after all!

I gotta say I'm digging the new bless system, and that you can't really do statblesses anymore (I mean, you can, but you get way less than you would in dom5). That's part of the reason I gave up on TNN, I just didn't have a clear idea what I'd want from the pretender, although the nation is clearly very strong. On the other hand, stuff like Mictlan is probably stronger than ever despite the statbless nerfs, making massively increased numbers jaguar warriors with the increased economy, even if their bless is weaker (I used to run +10 str, resistances, attack skill, and hp on them, now you're lucky to get to 60% of that). Part of why I didn't pick Mictlan although it's probably my favorite nation - I feel people should gang up on them if playing properly.
Ubar is not far from that category I think - there's more money now, but Ubar's troops are so superior to other nations' regulars that are supposed to be the bulk of your forces now that I think they are even more of a target than they were, since your normal troops can barely touch them.

Blood was finally and successfully nerfed with more expensive summons including national summons. Itd take way more intensive blood hunting to achieve previous results.

Summoning armies remains strong tho, as far as I can tell. We'll see how that works out.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, I don't want to be that guy, nor spend my first MP game ganked by the whole map, so if you think Ubar it too overpowered I'll switch.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok, I don't want to be that guy, nor spend my first MP game ganked by the whole map, so if you think Ubar it too overpowered I'll switch.

Nah I think its fine, I wouldn't pick Ubar because it would be bad manners if I did (in my opinion, especially if we aren't picking particularly strong nations) but if you are a new player then its perfectly fine.

Trash Player

Scholar
The bless system changes favor PD raiders imo. It is easier to stack effective defense and reinvigoration now. Some chassis can be fatigue neutral with quickness even. There is also stealth on sacred. It is incarnate but it isn't relevant in expansion so it can be taken by a dormant rainbow along with the forementioned goodies.
Otherwise, yes, bless is much less powerful in general.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Should be easier than ever, if you've only used Llama before, you just get into the multiplayer lobby, search for the game when it's created and connect to it to upload your pretender. Once the game has started you just do your turns on it and they're automatically sent, no need to fiddle by importing turns or having to send them by email when finished.

What I don't know is if there's any way to get notifications of when a turn is ready to play, either by email like with Llama or via Discord like with the clockwork server, might require the players to check from time to time, which would suck.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yes, I'd like to test Ilwinter's systems.

I'd like to start at the end of this week, even sooner if I manage. We're going to run a generated map if no one has better options ( or maybe I can generate a few and choose the least shitty one, with good caves and horrible UW starts). Apparently there are a shitton of small options, I'll need to run some tests and checks.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm taking EA Ulm. The NO SUMMONS has really been holding me back but whatever let's have "fun".

Been also thinking of EA Ermor or Kailasa but... I prefer Ulm over that.

Johannes

Arcane
I haven't gotten to play the game yet, but I'll tentatively pick EA Ermor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom