Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Sign me up with Sauromatia (if someone ahead of me in turn order doesn't pick it, I suppose; I don't really mind what I play)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Friends, I'm off travelling till next Thursday. I'll check on the thread when I can, but just so you don't end up waiting on my pick if I don't get a chance, I'd happily try one TNN, Pyrene, Agartha, or Marverni in that order of preference if it's still free when it's my turn.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Friends, I'm off travelling till next Thursday. I'll check on the thread when I can, but just so you don't end up waiting on my pick if I don't get a chance, I'd happily try one TNN, Pyrene, Agartha, or Marverni in that order of preference if it's still free when it's my turn.

I'm glad my bit of "diplo" convinced you of foolishness of going UW!

Dayyālu can we just pick nations and iron on eventual conflicts? Faster that way.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
After fucking up expansion with Marv a few times, I feel confident that things will go better in MP

If someone else takes Marv, I'm equally happy to go with Cae "hold and attack rear" lum.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu can we just pick nations and iron on eventual conflicts? Faster that way.

Be it so.

If two people want the same nation, I'll roll for the winner. Also apparently there's a lobby system, so we don't need to fret about hosting.

CLAIM YOUR NATIONS
As for myself, EA Agartha.

20tPthE.png

I can feel the despair

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oi you limey cunt I kinda wanted Agartha... But not gonna contest you.

EDIT: but you better break the seal. Apparently it now gives around 800 units (whew)

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I think Agartha is pretty good now, wanted to play them myself too. With the "more regular troops" philosophy in dom6, Agartha's regulars can be recruit anywhere sacreds. Not sure what I'd use for a bless, but it seems pretty decent. Probably boost up attack, or even something like quickness. The OP magma children are nerfed a bit, but you do get better earth elemental summons.

I'm adjusting my pick preference to Pyrene before TNN, just so poor Day isn't all alone in the caves <3

EDIT: I'd also probably take a few levels of heroism on Aggy, as with any nation with sacred researchers/recruit anywhere sacreds and thugs.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I think Agartha is pretty good now, wanted to play them myself too. With the "more regular troops" philosophy in dom6, Agartha's regulars can be recruit anywhere sacreds. Not sure what I'd use for a bless, but it seems pretty decent. Probably boost up attack, or even something like quickness. The OP magma children are nerfed a bit, but you do get better earth elemental summons.

I'm adjusting my pick preference to Pyrene before TNN, just so poor Day isn't all alone in the caves <3

EDIT: I'd also probably take a few levels of heroism on Aggy, as with any nation with sacred researchers/recruit anywhere sacreds and thugs.
Abysia has a chance to spawn in the cave layer it seems.
Heroism looks really tasty for the heavy thug/SC nations like Yomi, Fomoria and so on. And it doubles as a magic scale for research if it increases natural XP gain, too.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, if Abby and Aggy are gonna be in the murdercaves (holy shit the expansion there is horrifying) I might as well pick TNN if it's still available.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, if Abby and Aggy are gonna be in the murdercaves (holy shit the expansion there is horrifying) I might as well pick TNN if it's still available.
Have you played Cave wars?
Yea...
I won as most murderous faction.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Latecomer here, can I join? I'll just pick my nation last.

Of course. Take your pick now freely, I'll randomize eventual multiple picks. Map is going to turn a tad big, but I guess it's okay for the first Codex game of the new era.

Hag EA Ubar: Kingdom of the Unseen
coldcrow EA Abysia: Children of the Flame
panzertoter
Dayyalu EA Agartha: Pale Ones
Optimist EA Marverni: Time of Druids
Berekän
Johannes
sqeecoo EA Tir Na n'Og: Land of the Ever Young
Malakal
Catacombs
Tanaka
Bing Xi Lao EA Sauromatia: Amazon Queens
Popot

panzertoter Berekän Johannes Catacombs Tanaka Popot Malakal

I'm surprised at the lack of some picks that were very usual in the Dom4/5 era. Better, novelty.

Honestly, if people took Pyrene and Abysia an' shit I would have switched nations. Already dealing with Early Game Sqeecoo would significantly impact my planning (it's Awake Expander or Awake Expander or Awake Expander as options) but it would be like, Underwater 2.0 now with the worst indies you can imagine.

EDIT: but you better break the seal. Apparently it now gives around 800 units (whew)

Never, larping to the bitter end, we win without breaking the Seal or we die like proper Pale Ones

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meanwhile filthy scheming Agarthans planning this...

image.png

I wonder how would this work against some Jotun supercombatant ala sqeecoo and grimwulf rage thread

Its 20 something magic AP dmg so very well, especially since they're undead.

But I've seen a giga stack of seal breaking army get obliterated by 60 Yomi mages spamming dust to dust so it has a clear weakness...

Dayyālu

Arcane
60 Yomi mages

I never really played to this point but I guess this just means your screen is full of 60 individual mages you need to move around?

It's not even the worst it can get. Communions an' shit required a good focus, and once reverse communions were a thing once, where you used the communions to spam buffs to the mages to optimize spellcasting. 60 Mages is a lot, but Evocation spam armies usually ran in the 30-40 mages count for midgame (imagine Air mages acting with proper support and Storm power, crap was terrifying if you didn't have counters). Back in Dom4 there was even gem baiting, scripting specific attacks with remote teleport/cloud Trapeze rituals to get the enemy mages to burn their gems before the battles so during the "normal" movement phase they would not have gems to cast battlefield spells.

Or the abuse of the casting order to get your Battlefield spells working before the enemy did. If you want to go full sperg, Dominions has the depth: but it becomes draining fast and lategame turns if taken very seriously can require hours of planning.

Malakal is a veteran so he can probably tell you even wilder stories. Hell, he's still a minor meme on /domg/.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom