Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters II, MA Edition

Standard Game or Disciple Game

• I want a standard game, let's not interact with the lepers

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Disciple game, hit me with those Disease checks

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
tCw8p4H.jpeg

Pymous was always a good artist, and the idea of a random arrow sniping a Bottle Elemental wielder is always funny to me
Also you don't want naked art of the Annunaki of Love and War right

Considering that our EA game is reaching midgame and sooner or later we'll get 72 hours turns (leaving people a bit of time to live and breathe, if you can manage 6-7 games at once my hat to you I simply can't) I thought it would be proper to start the theoretical organization for the MA version.

For my amusement and for the enjoyment of newer players (I maintain the opinion that Disciple games are great for learning the basics and see what shit can happen, even if they do not teach you everything) I humbly propose a vote if we want to do a standard MA game or a Disciple game with the people at the Leper Colony of RPGHQ. Of course there's a chance that the cattle down there will be too brainfragged by posting NIGGERKIKE every two minutes to play, but I know some good players that for some insane reason went there.

I have not tried yet to post on the other forum, but I'll make an account and try if there's interest.

That said, I'm open to chances and opinions on:

- Map, do we run a Random map or there have been good map sets thrown out lately
- Binding Diplomacy
- General settings

Dayyālu : MA Caelum
Catacombs MA Ulm
Optimist MA C'tis
coldcrow MA Agartha
Malakal MA Vanheim
InD_ImaginE MA Marignon
Popot MA Uruk
Hag MA Ind: Magnificent Kingdom of Unsurpassed Splendor and Virtue
Kane MA Asphodel
Baron Tahn : MA Nidavangr
Trash Player MA Jotunheim
Berekän MA Sceleria
Johannes MA Phaeacia
Andnjord MA Ys
Sinilevä MA Na'Ba

Last edited:

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Happy to give it another go. Hopefully I won't be the first one to get demolished this time around!

I am not a fan of binding diplomacy, otherwise it's all the same to me.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Could you explain how multi works? Sounds like good old PBEM. I have played dom for several hundred hours and never touched multi. :M

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Could you explain how multi works? Sounds like good old PBEM. I have played dom for several hundred hours and never touched multi. :M
Used to be PBEM nonsense but now we have dedicated servers so you just connect from the game and thats it. Very easy.

Anyway I am obviously in.

Andnjord

Arcane
Also you don't want naked art of the Annunaki of Love and War right
*desire to know more intensifies*

- Map, do we run a Random map or there have been good map sets thrown out lately
Everything I’ve heard and seen myself is that the random generation spits out one abomination after another. Do we want to go Full Balance (TM) with Mapnuke or pretty with Pymous types?

- Binding Diplomacy
I would vote no for sure, let backstabbers be backstabbers and let God sort them out.

And yes, I’m in. First one to die gets the glory they say, hope I won’t get too much glory.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am in. For game setting can I request Worthy Heroes? Dunno I just always feels unfair that some faction basically get 1 hero that's rather useless (Blood Hero for Kaliasa) while other factions have some amazing heroes.

I am fine with Binding Diplo.

The setting default is fine.

Map gen I am not sure. Maybe we can use one of those pre-gen map? Would be a nice that people are not screwed out of RNG capcircle

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Used to be PBEM nonsense but now we have dedicated servers so you just connect from the game and thats it. Very easy.

So you need to connect and make your turn in a certain time period?(like for example OP mentions 72h)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

So you need to connect and make your turn in a certain time period?(like for example OP mentions 72h)

There will be lobby. Every certain amount of time you can do your turn just by loging in the lobby. Only after all players confirmed their order or when times runs out that the turn will be executed.

Dayyālu

Arcane
*desire to know more intensifies*

SoTesg7.png

Are you happy to see my Sword of Sharpness

It's a lobby system. Also MP is a fairly different beast from SP, I'd even argue SP teaches you wrong habits (like, dealing with endless trash mobs that isn't much of a thing in MP). But I'l glad to have you aboard!

And it seems we don't want to interact with the lepers, well it happens.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm in. I'd be interested playing on an hand-crafted map. I don't have a strong opinion about other settings.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah is there any nice premade maps out? That are suitable for Dom6, with transforming terrain etc.. Not sure how the map format works in detail in 6, how hard is it to make a properly working map?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
A quick search in the workshop gave me :

Valanis 141 + 21
9D9A877BE68345202A3A4517456AE78323FE3BF2

Soaring Saurians : 336 + 44
A7EC0222E97C2DCCC4381AA552BADC56AB660CBB

Treacherous Tortoise : 177 + 19
F176A00DA122B96058B30D7881A1113FFF047AFA

Looks like Old Pymous maps have also been upgraded.

Also MapNuke 2, a map generator for dom6

Dayyālu

Arcane
Valanis is pretty but notoriously unbalanced. Wraparound maps exist for a reason, but I'll admit it's very pretty.

I'll play around with MapNuke2 a bit, let's see what goes on. I'll say that the first map bar for the horrendous Mekone start wasn't that bad.

Johannes

Arcane
And would make sense if any cave nation's capital has entrance to the overworld. Makes it easier to interact both ways.

Johannes

Arcane
And would make sense if any cave nation's capital has entrance to the overworld. Makes it easier to interact both ways.
Seems like an unfair advantage though, since it effectively means you get 2 cap circles.
Cap circle = provinces directly neighboring your cap. You can't have 2 cap circles, only number of provinces in it can vary.

There's nothing guaranteeing you will own specific provinces that even aren't in your cap circle, it will make it also easier for normal nations to push on a cave nation's capital without having to trudge through multiple cave provinces first. And vice versa, but makes it less of a self contained cave nation vs cave nation fight.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Forgot to actually post my interest but I'd love to be involved in a game. Disciple game would be cool because I'm very noob and lack autism stats but I'll play whatever others are keen on.

Dayyālu

Arcane
The game is still open.

I'll start experimenting with maps and posting the results: after all, my intention was to start when the EA game hit the 72h limit. Dominions lategame is hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom