Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Small Disciple Teams game (Complete)

Are you interested and willing to play? Also what era interests you most.

• Yes I want in

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No I want out

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • LA

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trash Player

Scholar
Fucking LA!? Bad taste and butthurt detected. Changed my vote to MA from EA. I also suggest 6 teams of 2 since a team of 3+ can get really ridiculous fast. No one cares newfags though. More butthurt.
I finished 5 games and is currently in 10+ games, got slaughtered in 2 games, faded to iirelevance in the other 3. The ongoing games range from 2 global leader, one of them as a disciple, to irrelevance due to mediocre expansion+passive midgame.
Most importantly, I am in 2 disciple game right now, one as kinda leader, the other as disciple. I do think about builds somewhat more than my mates, just don't count on it being better than Lizzurd/Malakal/johannes's.

Last edited:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
There was loud cheering & hailing demanding that I be leading a team, so I guess my choices at this point are limited. I AM A RIVER TO MY PEOPLE
United we stand. :russia: Just send me all you gold.
vladimir-putin-smiling.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Fucking LA!? Bad taste and butthurt detected. Changed my vote to MA from EA. I also suggest 6 teams of 2 since a team of 3+ can get really ridiculous fast. No one cares newfags though. More butthurt.

LA is clearly the :obviously: choice. Explain your position against it. Malakal and you are against it, and I like the line up, so it's already a huge plus. For reasons.

You just volunteered to lead a team, I understand? After all, you seem to be kinda experienced. And your choice of language already makes me wonder about your priorities as team leaders. "newfags"...uhmmm....

So we have

Malakal
Raw :argh:
Trash Player

Another victim! C'mon!

As the LA/MA divide, vote LA, guys! It has a lot of fun toys, and everyone is obsessed with EA/MA games. The Codex does not fear the Decline, we embrace it! And if we get a tie we can solve it the traditional way: UT/OpenRa match.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LA is too astral/blood centric for me, has almost only human nations and is over reliant on scales.

The charm of mythic races is almost gone in LA.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also since EA is not in the running people that voted it please change your vote to another era since we got a tie.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LA is great, human nations are what make it kinda intresting. Much fewer giants, people on fire, elves and all that nonesense. You have hardy blokes with crossbows and in armor.

In MA there are a few nations like that, in LA EVERYONE is a guy with armor and crossbow. Ok, not Mictlan, those guys stay strong with their furs and obsidian weapons...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Late Age is the best age. Who needs magic when you can has crossbows?

Besides, the ambience and charm of LA nations is pure art.

Won't submit my vote, coz I don't play this. But still.

Dayyālu

Arcane
LA is too astral/blood centric for me, has almost only human nations and is over reliant on scales.

The charm of mythic races is almost gone in LA.

I like scales builds and dislike out of the box thuggable stuff, so I guess that's because I like LA.

Good points. But I guess we can avoid the worst of it thanks to bans, and bar LA Ulm (at least from what I've seen from AAR and complainers) most nations with Blood aren't crazy unbalanced. Of course, taking one is already a ticked to get nuked by the others as soon as possible, as usual. After all, what we have as Blood nations in LA? Ulm (problematic) Marignon (bad) Mictlan (adequate) Bogarus (shit troops) elves/giants (as usual) and Ragha (strong).

Plus crossbows are great until someone gets counters, then they are useless. And you can get counters crazy fast.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Blood nations in MA - Xibalba, Jotunheim, Abysia, Vanarus.

Blood nations in LA - Abysia, Ulm, Ragha, Marignon, Mictlan, Midgard, Utgard, Bogarus, Gath, Xibalba.

In LA everyone and their mother has blood and astral.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
LA is great, human nations are what make it kinda intresting. Much fewer giants, people on fire, elves and all that nonesense. You have hardy blokes with crossbows and in armor.

In MA there are a few nations like that, in LA EVERYONE is a guy with armor and crossbow. Ok, not Mictlan, those guys stay strong with their furs and obsidian weapons...
You want to know the truth, I love Jomon. It's that simple :D

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

You want to know the truth, I love Jomon. It's that simple :D

Oh well, if you like a specific nation then its different. Jomon kinda is nice, at least compared to Shinuyama and their issues...

Trash Player

Scholar

LA is clearly the :obviously: choice. Explain your position against it. Malakal and you are against it, and I like the line up, so it's already a huge plus. For reasons.

You just volunteered to lead a team, I understand? After all, you seem to be kinda experienced. And your choice of language already makes me wonder about your priorities as team leaders. "newfags"...uhmmm....

So we have

Malakal
Raw :argh:
Trash Player

Another victim! C'mon!

As the LA/MA divide, vote LA, guys! It has a lot of fun toys, and everyone is obsessed with EA/MA games. The Codex does not fear the Decline, we embrace it! And if we get a tie we can solve it the traditional way: UT/OpenRa match.
By newfags I mean myself, I am literate just recently. I expected no one give a shit to my opinions due to joined on 2015(tm).:butthurt:
My apologies for the awkward word choices.
On why I am against LA:
Basically what Malakal said.
1. LA is a lot more attrition based.
2. LA seige is long.
3. Indies are stronger but sacreds are weaker, barring a few outliners. It is more punishing, befitting the monoclean Codexian spirit but you know weak expansion+noobs=butthurt.:M
Dominions favors experience in general and LA exemplifies that with monotonous roster and hardest expansion. This is :obviously: Codex though, so take these with a grain of salt.
tl;dr: I am a Malakal fanboy :happytrollboy:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So far Im seeing Malakal, Trash, Dreaad and raw as team leaders. Is that ok or will anyone save the raw team from raw ?

If its ok we can begin the player draft.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I wouldn't mind being a team leader or whatever but fuck player draft. I don't know skills/people as well as everybody else it seems and I don't want to be screwed because of that. Should be completely random with some sort of exception for known "good" players having to be on different teams.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Great, so raw replaced with Noodles. Time to draft players. Then bans. Then picks.

We go team 1 team 2 team 3 team 4 then 4 3 2 1 then again 1 2 3 4.

Team 1 is lead by KoolNoodles team 2 is lead by Trash Player team 3 by Dreaad and team 4 by me.

Lets get this started.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Should be.

Let's do random assignment, then. The skill level (bar Dreaad, as far as I understand) is pretty much on the "noob" level for everyone else. But Malakal chooses, after all.

And it's MA. Well, better than EA, at least. And we have 16 votes instead of 12 :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom