Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Play By Email - Game Complete!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Is something up with Llamaserver or was there any extension that wasn't mentioned? It kind of looks like the timer flipped over without processing the turn.

Edit: Nevermind. Why the extension?

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is something up with Llamaserver or was there any extension that wasn't mentioned? It kind of looks like the timer flipped over without processing the turn.

Edit: Nevermind. Why the extension?

Lemuria has some problems with his turn (random crash after password check) and raw (I presume) does not want to waste his 10'000 post on this.
Plus I lacked enough time on my proper laptop to do the turn, and I only uploaded a quick "whatever" set of orders to avoid staling.

It is mainly my fault, then.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Are you nearly finished, guys?

No. Check the graphs I posted last page.

We are in a kind of unusual situation, with three kingdoms reaching late game with an almost equal amount of resources (Ragha has the lead in gemcount, Abysia in economy and Atlantis in research). And Lemuria playing as the outsider.

KoolNoodles is simply playing the role of the victim as I did: his armies are still unbeaten and his SCs many. If no one of us does a catastrophic mistake we could go on for a while.... Sum that with the fact that the Thrones are divided in 2 Atlantis 2 Ragha 1 Abysia 1 Lemuria and you have a nice little nightmare.

Dayyālu

Arcane

They told that in ages past
A great host descended from the North
Strong in arms, deeds and gems
But what remained of such great host?
Splinters of bone and broken bows.

I suck at writing. :M

There is no glory in a victory obtained due to staling. Be happy, your SCs saved you in a different battlefield. This is not yet over.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, that was kind of hilarious. Halloween weekend, what can I say. Far from over, but boy does that hurt.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This is for the benefit of anyone watching, even though it might compromise me a tiny bit. I obviously don't have a full range of scouting right now, but it's approximately right(except for some lands near the southern Abysia/Atlantis border are probably not correctly divided).

Lemuria is purple in the North-West, Abysia is darker red largely in the West, Atlantis is dark blue in the South, Caelum is has a couple light blue pockets(but is basically out of the game), and Ragha is light red in the North-East. Both Abysia and Atlantis are attacking/raiding Ragha currently.

nyKB6Hu.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
This is for the benefit of anyone watching, even though it might compromise me a tiny bit.

Don't worry, nothing new, bar that I'm asking where Lemuria is keeping all that chaff. And to do what. Crazy Undead parties?

Both Abysia and Atlantis are attacking/raiding Ragha currently.

We Atlanteans favour the term "aggressive defense". The peaceloving Atlantean Nation has never started a single war on his own.

And lemme give the correct southern borders, as I'm not that big (sadly :|).

Summer, in the Year 7 of the Ascension Wars:

Maprevised_zpsc2e8642e.png

EDIT: The new patch seems quite interesting, with all the new South-American inspired nations. And I'd like to know what kind of "experiments" are doing my faithful lab monkeys....
Immagine_zps72f8bd09.png

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
RevengeWeapon_zps3d996752.png

:| Well, at least he went out in a literal blaze of glory. Incinerate with a F5 caster is quite effective.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I was a little annoyed that my sorcerer in the back just sat there at the end of the battle, but ol' Buriol came through for me. Also you got a little lucky on that Spectre escaping, or did he? Good job chaff. :salute:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I was a little annoyed that my sorcerer in the back just sat there at the end of the battle, but ol' Buriol came through for me. Also you got a little lucky on that Spectre escaping, or did he? Good job chaff. :salute:

He did not. You were quite lucky, as he was going to attack the same province. Imagine my surprise when at the turn start "Wait, died while retreating?" And "Wait, where is the Tug?".

I can only wonder if with both of 'em could have gone differently. And :negative:, that is almost 80 gems down the gutter. I have little confort in thinking they did their job and repaid their worth before getting offed by the endless amount of troops, summons and SCs you can field (seriously, how much stuff do you have? I'm keeping a .txt with the info, and it's like being in Berlin watching the Soviets advancing!)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Small maps r for casuls

Just kiddning. Never liked Paragonos tho, too many unfair starting locations, a couple border issues and no river/mountains feature of Dom4. But it still looks great, just needs a bit of handwork.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It would seem llamaserver is having some issues, as our game and many others no longer exist on there.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It would seem llamaserver is having some issues, as our game and many others no longer exist on there.

Gosh, I was going to post the exact same thing. The surviving games are all frozen at 16:56 GMT and when I did a quick check this afternoon the thing was still working.

Let's see if the official forums of Desura report any solution.... I don't know how the save system works, but that could mean that our game is *gone forever*?

Just kiddning. Never liked Paragonos tho, too many unfair starting locations, a couple border issues and no river/mountains feature of Dom4. But it still looks great, just needs a bit of handwork.

It's not that bad. Wraparounds give me headaches, and Parganos has some interesting river/mountain features and borders. Out of luck if you want more than MM1 in some starting position, though. Caelum thrived like mad being capable of flying against my poor footfrogs.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I don't know how the save system works, but that could mean that our game is *gone forever*?

Anyone can host turns. Players should just send their turns to hoster instead of llamaserver. Everybody did that thing before llamaserver was created, it isn't hard. See "pbem" section in manual. I hope all players have set passwords for their pretenders, so the hoster won't sneak peek at you. Oh, and you might want to make a jabber/skype conference between players, or you're pretty much fucked. Organizing manual hosting on forum would take forever.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Either way I would assume it gets cleared up relatively quickly, he's usually pretty good about that, and should have all the games stored somewhere.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It looks like Llamaserver is back up and all the games are as well, next turn for us is due tomorrow in about 19 hours, just FYI.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
A little annoyed that my Seraph kicked the bucket here, but two Arch Devils down? I'll take it. :smug:

S0av15c.jpg

And a snapshot of a typical turn for me now in the later stages of the game. There are a few more events that don't fit on the screen. Giving away a bit of information, but nothing that shouldn't be known for the most part.

0E0YKeR.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
A little annoyed that my Seraph kicked the bucket here, but two Arch Devils down? I'll take it. :smug:

:negative: I cannot defeat you everywhere, sadly. And we are at....seven or eight SC chassis around?

You evil Raghan scoundrel. You could screenshot the Maelstrom casting. Or the assassinations. What *were* you thinking with that Arya scout?

And of course....

Immagine_zps38564e12.png

Caelum itself conquered. Of course, he was a corpse for twenty turns at least, but the sentimental value! Not as valuable as Bogarus, of course. It's hilarious that HE IS STILL ALIVE after 80 turns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom