Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dominions 4 announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Dominions 4; Illwinter

dom4banner.png

Dominions 4 has been officially announced at Illwinter's website.

No other information is known.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Overboard

Arcane
It'll be priced at 49,95 for the next six and a half years, after which the devs will get desperate come to their senses after having only a handful of sales and drop the price to a saner lever.

JANKOhrp

Novice
Seeing how they have been pushing recently for a Steam release of Dominions 3, they will surely try to bring the successor there as well, and special sales would likely follow.

Absalom

It'll be priced at 49,95 for the next six and a half years, after which the devs will get desperate come to their senses after having only a handful of sales and drop the price to a saner lever.

Bro for them 49.95 is a saner level, dominions 3 used to be priced at 60+ and thats years after release.

This will be SO good if they clean up the combat from Dom 3.

Overboard

Arcane
I know what you mean, the KotC guy has the same kind of mental disease, but hopefully the effort to get Dom 3 on steam will give them a bit of an insight as to how pricing works.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently fate seems to think so too. I'm guessing, we're talking about this series? I've never crossed paths with it, which is kind of weird, even from probability standpoint.

Johannes

Arcane
What is known:

It'll have more stuff than Dom3
Most if not all sprites are redone
Interface is improved
It's based on the same engine as Dom3, not rewritten from scratch
The base mechanics are the mostly the same

Johannes

Arcane
Well it'd be pretty simple to make AI much better than in Dom3 at least.

-Sensible pretender designs, made by hand and not randomly. Each pretender could have a rough design on research priorities and level of early aggression. Allow players to easily make new such profiles.
-Stop suiciding against indies.
-Don't recruit crap indies. Build forts and national stuff.
-A basic form to equipping people, just basic stuff like giving boosters to mages and vine shield+weapon to thugs. Instead of sticking almost anything randomly anywhere.

Then add a way to make basic diplomacy with them. None of this is too hard to do, but neither is it something the beta testers would talk about as the first thing obviously. When nobody really into Dom3 currently gives a fuck about AI.

DakaSha

Arcane
The ai is abysmal and its faults have nothing to do with the game being complex.
And the devs not giving a fuck about the ai just translates into them not giving a fuck about my 60 bucks or however high they want to price it this time.

It has a ldecently sized MP community for an indie game but the majority of people play single player (or not at all once they noticed how pointless it is) . Its fucked up that they dont give a shit about it.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
The ai is abysmal and its faults have nothing to do with the game being complex.
And the devs not giving a fuck about the ai just translates into them not giving a fuck about my 60 bucks or however high they want to price it this time.

It has a ldecently sized MP community for an indie game but the majority of people play single player (or not at all once they noticed how pointless it is) . Its fucked up that they dont give a shit about it.
Why do you not play multiplayer? Just curious.

DakaSha

Arcane

Why do you not play multiplayer? Just curious.

Ive played plenty of dominions3 multiplayer. Apart form it being tedious as hell though, its completely besides the point. If you are going to advertise single player, and state that your game has an AI, then fucking give it an ai that can at least handle the most basic aspects of gameplay like, you know, pretender design that doesnt cause the ai to lose to itself.

Johannes

Arcane

And how do you know they don't give a fuck about it?

DakaSha

Arcane

Because I've owned the game since it was released and the AI is still as braindead as back then?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

Because I've owned the game since it was released and the AI is still as braindead as back then?
Clearly they don't have a grasp on AI programming then. At least they are bothering to patch/update their games 5-6 years after release and add new content for free.

DakaSha

Arcane
They don't have a grasp on how to make the ai not choose wildly random picks for pretender design or to not buy loads of militia.
It's not even an AI design issue.

edit: In any case the reason is also besides the point. A game that cost 60 bucks should have functioning AI. I wont be paying for their next game unless its worked on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom