Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominion , disciple game , sign up now !

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just realised that pretender and disciple are not the same thing. So, that means we have to
1) Make teams
2) Elect pretender
3) Create disciples
in this order and not the other way around like we do it now. Otherwise all this makes no sense. I would also recommend a a step 1b or 2b where the team comes up with some sort of "theme" so we can have evil demons vs. tree lovers the forever war or smth.

Or we just play a normal game.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just realised that pretender and disciple are not the same thing. So, that means we have to
1) Make teams
2) Elect pretender
3) Create disciples
in this order and not the other way around like we do it now. Otherwise all this makes no sense. I would also recommend a a step 1b or 2b where the team comes up with some sort of "theme" so we can have evil demons vs. tree lovers the forever war or smth.

Or we just play a normal game.

This thread moves too slow and there is too little communication to work that way. Plus it seems no one wants to be pretenders anyway, everyone wants to be a disciple. We still don't know who kailasa is after all as they seem to either not be paying attention to this thread, or they are deliberately not giving any information so that people can't plan against them. Of course that makes it hard for their potential teammates to plan as well.

Teams are able to change and reconfigure until the game actually starts by resubmitting new pretender files to llamaserver anyway. Until the game actually starts that is. So they can change who the pretender is if it is desired. Or they make changes that are needed due to a team strategy they develop.

Maybe, but it doesn't make one inch of sense just creating a couple of disciples without knowhing who your pretender is and what he is gonna do. So either way, we need to get teams first, regardless of how slow this thread moves.

I position myself as pretender for team A (A like ACE, cause my team will win this).

Aurore

Ok signing up as Arcoscephale but since I have no idea what teams will actually exist, I have not yet joined a team.

Mortmal

Arcane
Like i said team 2 has 2 pretenders....

I've sent them a private message to find out what is going on with that. Still waiting for a reply.

Again , I'd like' to know who submitted what, there's enough explanations about how a disciple game is working . We had 2 pretenders submitted that was good enough, whos playing agartha, do he really want to be pretender , why not submit a disciple ?
Needless to say i wont start the game before any clarifications.

Mortmal

Arcane
I suggest raw to make a pretender , dark patriot already made one . Its better if the most motivated guys run the show, ill delete kailasa if there's no answers soon.

Mortmal

Arcane
At first that did not seem such a difficult task.... Koolnoddles, aurore , resubmit please.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I would like someone to lead a Turmoil/Growth/Luck Dominion, maybe as Pangea for team 2. So disciples could join in as Lanka/Yomi.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, resubmitting now. It's not difficult, I'm just an idiot who was juggling different builds.

Edit: Well, team 1 is ready I guess. What happened with the other Pretender and/or lurkers?

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Let's get this going, I will be the pretender for the other team. We need 3 more players, please contact me or post in this thread.

Aurore

Resubmitted. I did check and I definitely submitted a disciple the first time too, so I suspect the process is not glitch free :) Seemed to work the second time around anyway.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I submitted the C'Tis, dunno if I did it right, I couldn't find in the instructions how to add it to a team

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
160/8 = 20 provinces per player. The average number in mp games afaik is 12.

I have no skill with bless builds at all.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This is going to be a clusterfuck game either way, just go for adventurous builds and RP your guy. I'd rather play a messy noob game on a pretty map, than stare at some of those awful smaller ones as I make my dumbass moves.

And yeah, I like playing chess with a nice heavy rosewood Staunton set, as opposed to a travel set. Sometimes looks matter yeah?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
While it might make the game a little longer I prefer maps a little on the larger side. I hate running into another player within 3 or 4 provinces of my Capitol. A disciple game might wind up being shorter than the average game anyway as one side might concede earlier than a normal MP game if it becomes clear that one side is clearly winning. Although I think it can be fun playing through a bitter defeat as well trying to cause as much trouble for your enemy as they conquer you, so maybe not.

Of course it's fun playing until the bitter end. I'm Agartha, so I'll be losing from turn 1.

Mortmal

Arcane
Not so sure , agartha has been revamped and received pretty nice things. I am not changing the map as the majority prefer a pretty map, even more if we take screenshots .

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Ok so it seems RAW, berekän and Dim are on my team, correct?
Valanis is fine, it's not balanced but who cares.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I think I have to resubmit my faction. I have to switch strategies due to the change of pretender for my team, so if you're so kind, please remove the C'tis and add the Vanheim to coldcrow's team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom