Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does FromSoftware actually FEAR Dragon's Dogma II?

Is the prophesy true?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuruwin

Novice
Made with relatively small team by AA-AAA standards and has already sold 2.5+ million copies....definitely a flop.

Odoryuk

Educated
Slightly ironic that the FromSoft open world RPG has more convenience and QoL features and the Capcom one is more hardcore.
Actually, there's nothing more hardcore than using an item you paid additional money for which you can also get in the game for free.

Elttharion

Learned
Presumably MTX were the price Itsuno had to pay to get the game made at all.

Meanwhile every Falcom game ships with 20 shameless level booster DLC and crafting item packs and no one ever complains about that.
I am glad that Capcom got flak for them since they went full retard with their latest games but the mtx/dlcs in DD2 are pretty common on most JRPGs. At least the ones I play. Falcom, Namco, NISA, IF, Koei, etc all include stuff like this in their games. Still, its good that people gave them a bit of a scare, even if I doubt it will change anything in the long run.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
FS definitely has to step their game up. DD2 has shown us the future of ARPGs. The quest design alone in unmatched. Nevermind the combat, AI, and emergent gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom