Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Do you want to read my Magical Diary?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
72 - Once more time, with feelings

01.jpg

Time to make this new wand show its magic.

02.jpg

Lookit my wand, so cute~~

03.jpg

Ah, warm coffee spell.

04.jpg

Start a cooking fire spell. Seriously? This is what Minnie's been trying to teach me during weekend? That slut!

05.jpg

What is it now?

pots.jpg
Hello, dear. I was wondering about your plans for Spring Break.
rk-frown.jpg
Huh? I'm going home with my family of course.
pots.jpg
You are welcome to remain here, you know.
rk.jpg
I know, but why would I want to do that?
pots.jpg
Ah. Perhaps you should come with me.

She leads me out of the hall and into a classroom.

pots.jpg
I was thinking that it would give you some time to spend with Hieronymous outside of the classroom environment.

Woman, have you gone senile from old age?

rk-mad.jpg
Why? It's not like we're a real couple.
pots.jpg
No, not at the moment. However...

I'm not hearing her right. She sighs at my shaking of head.

pots.jpg
There are things you ought to know, when dealing with that minefield of a man.

Oh, boy here goes. Is she going to go all Gaider on me?

pots-sad.jpg
When he was a young wizard, only a few years older than yourself, he had a sweetheart that he was very much in love with. Her name was Violet, a brilliant wildseed girl.

I face-palmed as I listen to her tale.

pots-sad.jpg
She was not raised in our traditions, and he had his own reasons for mistrusting them. They were young and foolish and they disregarded all the warnings they had been given. They crossed together into the Otherworld.

Why are you telling me this?! I wanted to cry out in frustration, but only succeeded into turning my palm into a claw, digging deep into the surface of my cheeks.

pots-sad.jpg
An unguarded human soul passing the Spiral Gate shines like a beacon to the darkest of Fair Folk. They were overwhelmed by goblins and carried away. Her spirit was drained before his eyes.
rk-frown.jpg
I'm sorry.

Are you finished? Can I give a pity speech now?

pots-sad.jpg
All these years, and Hieronymous has never forgiven himself. He left England. He refuses to enter the Otherworld. And he has never allowed himself to fall in love again.

She pauses, and looks at me, expectantly.

06.jpg

This is so, so stupid.

rk-frown.jpg
Prof. Potsdam, should you really be telling me all this? This is his personal life, and I know he doesn't like people prying.
pots.jpg
But you're not just anyone, my dear. You are his wife.

I shivered at the last two words.

pots.jpg
He does his best to keep people at a distance, but you he can't get rid of so easily. So perhaps, you might succeed where others have failed.

Stop this, woman. You've gone the deep end. Go seek help.

pots.jpg
I think the two of you could make a lovely couple, if you're willing to work at it.

He's 50, I'm 16. I have better things to do that helping out an old man finding his long lost spark that he missed out due to some youthful mistake he committed out of blind love. So he went drink driving when he was dating at 18, why do I have to pick up the pieces? Fuck that.

pots.jpg
Be brave and clever, but not foolish, and who knows what might happen?
rk-frown.jpg
Prof. Potsdam...
pots.jpg
Yes, dear?
rk-mad.jpg
Are you Ulminati in disguise?
pots.jpg
No, dear. I.. don't quite understand.
rk-mad.jpg
Good. Or else I might have to kill you. Let's drop this subject. Now. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?
pots.jpg
Oh my. Yes, I believe a little bird told me that you were interested in volunteering for the play?
rk.jpg
Yes. That little bird is a good friend of mine.
pots.jpg
Well, the sets and costumes have already been prepared, but we could find room for another usher, or a ticket-seller, or someone to help with clean up after the shows.
07.jpg

rk.jpg
I'll sell the tickets.
pots.jpg
Very well. You won't be alone, of course, but the lines move faster with more hands.

I leave the classroom with a mix of revulsion and disgust. The nerve of that woman. Has she lost it completely? This marriage isn't real. It's just a ploy to save my life! Can she imagine the life we're going to lead if this goes public? The social views, my academic life - not to mention my family's reaction? I don't hate Grabiner, but this marriage thing isn't something I'd consider for the long term.

08.jpg

09.jpg

Shucks, no green magic. I must've hated her so much that I didn't pay attention to her babblings.

10.jpg

rk-mad.jpg
What now?
virg.jpg
Don't worry, RK. You'll like this. Damien's been expelled.
elle-shock.jpg
What? Why?
virg.jpg
I heard he got caught trying to take advantage of a young freshman - no names given - and then Prof. Potsdam called down flaming swords and sliced him up as he ran away.
elle-shock.jpg
That sounds a little - overexaggerated.

Not to mention unbelievable. Damien, a homosexual? What?

virg.jpg
Well, that's just what I heard. The important thing is, he's gone. No more demon-boy!
rk.jpg
Amen to that.

It didn't take much for me to connect the dots, I don't know Damien well enough, but wasn't expulsion was considered for the fire incident? Oh well, whatever. Donald's not falsely accused anymore, so yeah, I don't care.

11.jpg

12.jpg

virg-frown.jpg
The musical? Enh, probably, if I remember where I put my change.

Oh, right. Tickets cost money. And I only have $4.00 left. Uh oh. Wait, since I'm volunteering, I can probably get in for free. Lucky! Then tomorrow I'll be home free - gaming the days away! And then there's only one month of school left before the super long break arrives.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Man, the mana cost - what the hell? Oh, well class is over, time to head to the play for the ticket sales.

15.jpg

16.jpg

I don't know a lot about music, but the songs are fun and keep things moving. Unfortunately, by the end, it would appear that the world is doomed! (But thankfully, only the world on stage.) When it's over, I stand up and cheer and wave when Donald and the chorus take their bows.

And then it's time to go...

17.jpg

18.jpg

I can't help but think that this feels more like coming home than last Saturday did. The person I'm at home is a lie, a happy face I put on to comfort my parents. They don't know all the things that have happened to me. The dungeons, the dangers, the monsters...

They don't know I'm married, and will be divorced before I'm eighteen. And I can't entirely understand the things they talk about. Some Presidential Election going on, there's a civil war in a middle eastern country, and China is still being a dick. I never heard about any of this at school.

More and more, we become disconnected. Now that I'm back here, there's someone I want to see. I make my way to his room and knock on his door.

19.jpg

don.jpg
Oh! RK. Hi.
rk-smug.jpg
Expecting someone else?
don-smile.jpg
Kinda. Good to see you.
rk.jpg
How's your break?
don-frown.jpg
Enh.

His eyes flicker down the hall and back.

don.jpg
Let's go for a walk.
rk.jpg
Sure.

We stroll out to the main quad, where spring is in full bloom. Warm sunlight and gentle breezes play over the flowers. Donald doesn't seem to be enjoying the scenery.

20.jpg

don.jpg
It's good to see somebody who's glad to see me.
rk.jpg
So, how was your break?
don-frown.jpg
Same as it ever was. I know it's stupid to think my family's all a sudden going to change their minds and be proud of me. I told them about the play and all I got was "That's nice." And then followed by a bunch of stupid lectures about that fire, which has nothing to do with me.
rk-frown.jpg
Didn't Virginia cleared it up?
don-frown.jpg
Yeah, but so what? It doesn't matter. They're mad about what could have happened, never mind that it didn't. "Oh, you'll be kicked out, you'll shame the family, you'll break our hearts" - hah! Like they'd care. They're on my case more now that I'm not doing anything, because they don't believe it.

That's horrible.

rk-mad.jpg
Well, forget about them, then!
don-blush.jpg
Huh?
rk-mad.jpg
Your family doesn't appreciate you. So what? Your family isn't the whole world. You are who are whether they know it or not. And...and...

You have me.

don.jpg
Heh. Easy for you to say, you don't have to live with them.
rk-blush.jpg
Why don't you try making up with Virginia? then at least you'd have someone on your side?
don-smile.jpg
Urchin? On my side?
rk.jpg
You two have more in common than you like to admit. And you don't really hate each other, do you?
don.jpg
Nah, but still. I think that's a bit much. You're right though. There's no point in sulking. Everything's fine. It's a beautiful day, and I'm with a beautiful girl -
rk-blush.jpg
Wha- say that again?
don-blush.jpg
Nothing, just admiring the scenery.

I heard that.

rk-wink.jpg
I should get back, finish unpacking.
don.jpg
All right, I'll see you later.

He really is a nice guy.

21.jpg

Well, I'm back. And ready to start my classes!

22.jpg

RK47

Patron
Green Blue Blue Blue Blue

Violet stuff
Ahahhahahaha! Delicious!

Yeah absolute off her rocker, am I right? I can't believe it when I read it. That dialogue utterly destroyed Mrs. Potsdam qualification as a teacher.
How can you even encourage this course of action for your student? Telling her about that tragedy, trying to guilt trip her into helping your bitter old colleague into living a life?
Holy shit, get the fuck away from children, you're unqualified to teach students about life.

Be brave and clever, but not foolish, and who knows what might happen?

:killit: :0/5: :0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5::0/5:

For fuck's sake writer dropped a ball with that one.

lightbane

Arcane
That confirms it: Potsdam made up that entire ritual marriage thing, in order to have a foolish girl marry Not-Snape and "heal his wounds". Anyways, I vote for: Blue x4, Study.

PS:
I don't hate Grabiner, but this marriage thing isn't something I'd consider for the long term.

Heh, so you no longer hate him, you say? Perhaps Potsdam was right after all :M

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Writer wanted fabulous romance with sarcastic (but caring), grumpy (but with heart of gold), mysterious and troubled by tragic past not-Snape too much. Poor Mrs. Potsdam just fallen victim to this fascination.

RK47

Patron
Writer wanted fabulous romance with sarcastic (but caring), grumpy (but with heart of gold), mysterious and troubled by tragic past not-Snape too much. Poor Mrs. Potsdam just fallen victim to this fascination.

Why can't Potsdam just suck his dick if she's so inclined? Or use youth magic to remove wrinkles and prep that saggy tits?
And yes, you can romance Potsdam too, don't ask me how. This game. Worth LPing OVAH SEBUN TAIMS. :lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
A Valentine?
It seemed just like a respectful jest, really, something akin to a card or bouqet of flowers for female teacher on 8th of March

RK47

Patron
PS:
I don't hate Grabiner,
Heh, so you no longer hate him, you say? Perhaps Potsdam was right after all :M

I can't really blame him for the way it turned out to be. Call it rage outlet, I had like 2 days to let it go. And now after some thinking, I hate Potsdam more now. That lady is really discarding logic in her teachings. And it's not the end of the story - just wait and see.

*Update in Progress*

Preview:

FUCK YOU POTSDAM FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lightbane

Arcane
By the way, just to throw more salt to the wound: I think at some point Potsdam implied you can use Green Magic to either prevent pregnancy, or maybe perform an abortion. I wouldn't be surprised if she taught you these spells if you asked her :M I thought Green Magic was all about preserving life...

Anabanana

Augur

Why can't Potsdam just suck his dick if she's so inclined? Or use youth magic to remove wrinkles and prep that saggy tits?
And yes, you can romance Potsdam too, don't ask me how. This game. Worth LPing OVAH SEBUN TAIMS. :lol:

I'm pretty sure you can't romance Potsdam. Though if I remember correctly, there ARE fans who want a Potsdam romance...

About her actions, I'm not saying this justifies it or anything, but I think this game has been establishing that the magical world doesn't quite have the same cultural/moral norms as the non-magic world. The whole teaching potentially fatal spells in class, for one. (That's giving out guns to students and teaching them how to shoot in mandatory education.) The gender neutral pronouns, for another. It's not too much of a stretch to think that teacher-student relationships are marginally more acceptable in their world? *shrug*

wand with tentacles
zoidberg wand! woop wo-..
Huh strange, I don't remember that thing in a shop. You payed for some DLC?
I don't remember it either. Wow. The wiggle wand sure got a fancy upgrade (it was originally literally just a wiggly stick). The creator is really good at adding extra content.

By the way, just to throw more salt to the wound: I think at some point Potsdam implied you can use Green Magic to either prevent pregnancy, or maybe perform an abortion. I wouldn't be surprised if she taught you these spells if you asked her :M I thought Green Magic was all about preserving life...

Nah, not necessarily preserving life, just stuff to do with biology in general. That's why we're getting cool stuff like Poison and Weaken instead of variations of "Heal" all the way.

(Also just want to point out that abortions preserve life too if the mother's life is being endangered by the pregnancy.)

Shadenuat

Arcane
RK smashed them (glasses (in a LARP way)) in a ragefest which she had at marriage with Grabiner... gosh I am like womyn explaining Soap Opera to friends.

I feel next will be amulet, Grabiner's family tea-service and a wand which she'll stuck into Potsdam's arse

RK47

Patron
73 - Dear, Mrs. Pothead - Fuck you.

01.jpg

Right, let's make up for that botched green lesson and finish up blue magic this week!

02.jpg

03.jpg

...yet another disabling spell.

04.jpg

Later, after class...

05.jpg

Uh oh.

rk.jpg
Sure.

He gestures to a nearby door with almost-believable politeness.

jerk.jpg
After you.

I hope Potsdam didn't give him any advice. For fuck's sake. I cautiously enter the mail room.

06.jpg

Minnie's missing? How odd.

jerk.jpg
The first storm in the month of April is celebrated with a Thunder Call. As soon as storm picks up sufficient strength, no matter the time of day, all students must gather in the gym.

More pagan rituals, fun fun fun.

jerk.jpg
As officers, it falls to you to ensure that the members of your class are notified and rounded up.
rk.jpg
Okay. What do we do once we get there?
jerk.jpg
The purpose of the rite is to cause exhaustion and headaches through drumming, wild gyrations, and screaming at the top of one's lungs.
rk-smug.jpg
I take it this isn't your favorite ritual?
jerk.jpg
Alas, custom dictates us all. I am, however, grateful that a few minutes of applause is considered sufficient contribution on my part. You, as a class officer, particularly one under the sign of Horse Hall will be expected to make a much more public showing.
rk-blush.jpg
So I have to learn how to dance?
jerk.jpg
There is no formalised pattern. Leap and stomp as you wish; that will suffice.

The hell?

jerk.jpg
It is also important that you maintain order among the underclassmen. Freshmen are not, under any circumstances, to attempt fire-spinning.
rk.jpg
How do you spin fire?
jerk.jpg
You do not.
rk-frown.jpg
Right.
jerk.jpg
If you have no further questions, you may be on your way.

Here's my chance to ask:

07.jpg

I should ask him about Minnie. Something's not right. Violet isn't really my problem.

rk-frown.jpg
Did you say earlier that you couldn't find Minnie? It is April's Fool today, so maybe she just got caught in some weird prank.
jerk.jpg
I doubt that. Miss Cochran has been making herself scarce since before the break.
rk.jpg
Isn't that a little strange, for her? She's always been really dedicated to her job, and she knew this event was coming up.
jerk.jpg
Dedicated or not, she remains a teenaged female. No doubt she has become distracted by the temptations of spring.
08.jpg

rk-smug.jpg
I think you underestimate her - and me. Just because we're young doesn't mean we're scatter-brained.
jerk.jpg
I can only judge on the evidence, and the evidence is that she is not here.
rk-smug.jpg
But I am.

He closes his eyes with a sniff.

jerk.jpg
On your way, then.

So, another dance. Not a romantic one, but it could be interesting...

09.jpg

10.jpg

Ooh, so close...here comes the final lesson....

11.jpg

DAMN! 99 Blue Magic!

Saturday's here, and I do my usual mailing routine, heading towards the library for studies. Minnie's nowhere to be found. Great, I don't need Red Magic anyway.

12.jpg

The next day...

13.jpg

Plenty of other people have had the same idea. I can see a couple of girls - out for a jog in the distance. And there's a small group of people up ahead having a discussion. Wait - no. An argument. Did that guy just shove somebody? I walk closer to see what's going on.

14.jpg

min-sad.jpg
Kyo, please, just let it go.
kyo.jpg
What's he got that I haven't got? Huh?

A pair of less horrific looking pupils, for one.

min-sad.jpg
He's my friend, that's all!

I think I get it.

min-sad.jpg
Which means he listens to me.
jaco.jpg
Maybe that's a new concept for you, listening to what a lady actually says?

Oooh, sharp wit, but can he back the talk?

kyo.jpg
SHUT YOUR FACE!
min-sad.jpg
Please, just leave me alone... this is so embarrassing...
kyo.jpg
You're the one making a fool out of me!

So Kyo is dumped for Jacob? Nice going, Minnie.

kyo.jpg
I've done everything for you, and you just throw it back in my face.

Ahhaha, I remembered the $100 Valentines he bought for her. Sucker.

min-sad.jpg
I'm not...
kyo.jpg
You're killing me. You are killing me! Is that what you want? Is that what it takes to make you happy?

Must. Not. Laugh. Do guys always talk like that when they're dumped?

min-sad.jpg
No!
kyo.jpg
Because that's what's going to happen, isn't it? You're not leaving me any choice, admit it!
jaco.jpg
Man, back off. Fix your own problems.

Kyo glares at the two of them, his lip curling in distaste.

kyo.jpg
Next time, you're not getting away.

His fists still clenched, he turns and walks away from Minnie and Jacob. Towards me. Shit. I hope he didn't notice that I was staring.

rk-blush.jpg
Uh, hi, Kyo.
kyo.jpg
Get out of my way.
15.jpg

Eh, I could let him go, but let's meddle with him. I'm itching for a little dose of Schadenfreude. I decide to tag along.

rk-smug.jpg
Hey, I heard what happened...
kyo.jpg
NOTHING happened.

Oh, wow. Tough guy.

15a.jpg

Time for a little provocation: LEAVE MINNIE ALONE!

rk-smug.jpg
Y'know, I don't think she wants to go out with you any more. You need to forget about her and move on.
kyo.jpg
Nobody asked you! You women are all the same, pushing and prying and playing little games.
rk-frown.jpg
How could you say that?
kyo.jpg
You've been trying to keep us down, make us weak, but this time, I'm fighting back. And if anyone gets in my way, then watch out!
rk-frown.jpg
You're scaring me, Kyo.

I stopped walking with him and pretend to wipe tears from my eyes.

rk-smug.jpg
Just as planned.

Time for phase 2.

16.jpg

Since Pothead has so much marriage advice for me, I'm sure she's willing to meddle into this shit-fest. Then I'll just watch the fireworks from the background. Mwa-ha-ha.

rk-wink.jpg
This is too fun.

Finding her on a Sunday turns out to be easier said than done. I end up chasing my tail for over an hour before I finally can catch up to her.

18.jpg

I explain the situation and my suspicions about Minnie and Kyo as best as I can, although by now memories of exactly who said what are getting a bit fuzzy.

pots.jpg
I really don't think that it's my place to interfere.

WHAT?

rk-frown.jpg
But Minnie could be in trouble!

JUST LIKE I WAS IN MY FAKE MARRIAGE, POT HEAD!

pots.jpg
Did she ask for your help?

DID I OR GRABINER ASK FOR YOUR HELP POT HEAD?

rk-frown.jpg
Not exactly, but -
pots.jpg
Was she injured?
rk-mad.jpg
No.
pots.jpg
I know you're worried about your friend, but you may be reading too much into this. These things have a way of -
rk-mad.jpg
Yo Pothead, Imma let you finish - but this is exactly the same shit you tried to solve between Grabiner and me when I insisted there's nothing happening. So I suggest you use the the same line of reasoning for my situation from now on, okthanksbai.

I don't think she caught all that, but I left her anyway. What a complete let down. To think that I used to respect her when I told her about that Initiation Game I refused to follow.

20.jpg

Utterly worthless. Time to plan for next week's lessons.

21.jpg

RK47

Patron
About her actions, I'm not saying this justifies it or anything, but I think this game has been establishing that the magical world doesn't quite have the same cultural/moral norms as the non-magic world. The whole teaching potentially fatal spells in class, for one. (That's giving out guns to students and teaching them how to shoot in mandatory education.) The gender neutral pronouns, for another. It's not too much of a stretch to think that teacher-student relationships are marginally more acceptable in their world? *shrug*

No wonder they removed all phone and computers from the school premises.
Imagine one leaked youtube video of this horrific wedding ritual or dungeon footage - and the shitstorm it would've caused when an influential politican gets a whiff of this.
Fuck, now I'm curious how Harry Potter universe handles it.

RK47

Patron
Lol Grabiner response would've been: "I don't give a fuck" and he'd be justified in saying that, since he really doesn't give a fuck about these things. He's more of the punishment guy.
Contrast that to Lil Mrs. Helpful for our wedding - I respect Grabiner's stand much more than "Oooh, it is not my place to interfere with my student's personal life, even thought a verbal threat was given. But if it's my colleague's fake marriage life, I see no reason not to interfere, tee hee."

Go pee in a tea cup and drink it.

:x

lightbane

Arcane
No wonder they removed all phone and computers from the school premises.
Imagine one leaked youtube video of this horrific wedding ritual or dungeon footage - and the shitstorm it would've caused when an influential politican gets a whiff of this.
Fuck, now I'm curious how Harry Potter universe handles it.

It vaguely mentions that modern technology doesn't work in Hogwarts because the atmosphere overcharged with magical energy makes these devices go kaboom. "Old" technology such as early cameras work though. The same happens with "enchanted" objects. In fact, Voldemort himself could have been shot with a mundane sniper rifle and he wouldn't be able to prevent it (unless he uses magic to give himself extra lives) :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom