Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you emulate?

Jaqen

Novice
Hi all,

There is a few classics I was thinking about recently I have not played in a long time, was wondering how many of you lot use emulators? If so, which games are your favorites?

coaster

Liturgist
I used to play a few old games on Project64 to get the nostagia trip for when I had an N64. The Zeldas, Turok games, Super Mario 64, Shadowman etc. Haven't played for a while though.

Project64 is good for N64 like coaster said. ZSNES when you want to maybe play some Mario or what have you. Pick up MAME, if it's some old arcade rail shooters, beat em ups, or general arcade things of that sort.

You can grab them and plenty more from here.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/

MetalCraze

Arcane
I mostly emulate Genesis (Gens+), SNES (ZSNES), NES (forgot the name). The only consoles that had really worthwile games ever.

jazzotron

Liturgist
VisualBoyAdvance - GBA
Satourne - Sega Saturn
ePSXe - PlayStation
zsnes - Super Nintendo

Archibald

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
I mostly emulate Genesis (Gens+), SNES (ZSNES), NES (forgot the name). The only consoles that had really worthwile games ever.

There are still some ok games on newer consoles, like 1:100 ratio.

Luzur

Good Sir
just a little.

15qta1w.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Archibald said:
MetalCraze said:

There are still some ok games on newer consoles, like 1:100 ratio.

That's why those consoles don't count. Although I'm still enjoying Pure. But arcade racing games is something that turns out good on consoles sometimes

Seymour

Liturgist
I own a modded Xbox basically just for emulation and Ninja Gaiden Black. Anything up to 16bit and Neo Geo runs pretty much perfect, plus GBA and N64 with some hiccups. Make for a pretty handy setup.

Favorite games would make for quite a long list, but Ghouls n' Ghosts and the older Castlevanias (1 and 3 especially) would be pretty high there.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Check the project Hyperspin torrents in underground gamer :smug:.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLOLLOLLOL BROS REMEMBER EVEN CONSOLE GAMES ARE GOOD IF THEY ARE OLD

BROS I AM THINKING ABOT EMULATING N64 STUFF HOW LONG SHOULD I WATE UNTIL IT IS NOT POPAMOLE TO PLAY N64

Zomg

Arbiter
your good if you play a black metal song on the ocarina

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I emulate several nes games from my childhood and things like both versions of Shadowrun.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS KEEP IN DENIAL YOU ARE STILL CONSOLEFAG DOGFUCKERS

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO GO FOR THE FAT ONE TRUST ME SHE WILL GIVE BETTER HEAD AND BE MORE LIKELY TO PAY FOR BREAKFAST ION THE MORNING

mondblut

Arcane
As far as I am concerned, Amiga is the only non-PC platform whose games are worth being emulated.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I mostly emulate N64, Playstation and Playstation 2 for nostalgic reasons.

And recently DS, to try out that Strange Journeys thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom