Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do Hardcore Gamers (like the ones here) Still Matter?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
As the wittiest poster here (next to pooperscooper) I take offense to that last bit.

Priceless, and terribly revealing of just how much you exagerate your own self-importance to the point of nauseous self-adulation. The only thing you're witty at is presenting yourself as someone who is either terribly slow at understanding things, or terribly late in the art of trolling. Who am I kidding? You're both. If it offends you that people have to rub in your nose all the instances where you waffle through a thread without the slightest sense of understanding, common courtesy or the knowledge to form basic and inteligible arguments, then you're in for a hell of a ride.

You can try all you want, but everything you post simply makes you look a fool.

And this is coming from the imbecile who was - and still is - simply too stupid to learn what it has been explicitly explained to him dozens of times. That you keep waving your moronic and baseless argument even when anyone who can manage reading and understanding simultaneously will spot your bullshit in the thread easily marks you as the simpleton you so wish I was, as you seem to belive it would somehow draw attention away from your incompetence.

sheek

Arbiter
Daiglo and roleplayer win this one.

Bryce777 is a dishonest, cowardly faggot who turned down my repeated offer of breaking his fingers.

After reading that I got a sudden powerful urge to smash Bryce777's fingers...

Plane tickets, bitch.

[offer plane tickets]

I will think on it. I really hate the cold.

[in case he tries to erase history]

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Naked_Lunch said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Twinfalls said:
Shut up idiot and read the dumb thread if you're to comment on it. This Daigoj loser is some world-class faggotry personified, I can't recall seeing a bigger dumbfuck with a smaller wiener around here since that sandlefron putz. Not only has he publicly reneged from an 'I'm tough AND rich' offer to fly bryce out to kill him, but every second post of his features some incredibly lame attempt to impress the Codex with "I'm going to e3!!! I could get you a ticket if you make me feel liked!!!" etc etc LIKE ANYONE HERE COULD POSSIBLY FUCKING CARE

bryce has simply called him out.

bryce, please have your people track him down and spit-roast him - like you did to that last guy, kthx.

LOL
no kidding.

His first post was some imbecile thing, and when I showed him the love he deserved he instantly offered to fly me to NYC so he could kid my ass. Hmm, freudian slip. I am an old guy, but he is not too bright to do stuff like that; I've crapped bigger than that kid and I think my secretary could wallop his sorry ass.

Uh, you got your facts wrong sir. I never said I would kick your ass, and never threatened violence. I offered you a chance to attempt to smash my fingers as you wanted.

*sigh* I need more than a name for a ticket sir so you could do that which you desire.

No you don't. All you need is a name and then to tell me the airline.

Actually buying someone a 500 dollar or so plane ticket implies a certain level of...well, something.

Email address to send the confirmation to? You do know you have to play for your return flight back and accomodations. I said a flight to new york, didn't say I would get you back.

Additionally you won't be leaving from LAX but Long Beach.

Now that you know my age it is not very brave.

I would have come, if you had given me a flight before. It is just not courteous not to give a return flight, though. There is not much point in wasting your money.

And alas you, the foul mouthed and the ignorant Twinfalls (which added his or her own opinion to my comments based on assumptions) may not have paid attention to my posts.

Again, the offer still stands.

Sequence of my apparent backing down which was lost on some of the cretins:
1) You said you wanted to smash my fingers\

2) I offered to fly you to NY to smash my fingers. Never threatened violence (check my posts) I simply offered a chance for you to smash my fingers if you wanted to.
Never promised a return flight, or accomodations - simply for you to smash my fingers.

3) You said you were flying from LAX and instead of giving a one way ticket, I said I would come to you. Saves me money and you could still SMASH MY FINGERS. As you said you wished to do to stop me typing. (somehow the Twinfalls clown thinks I need its approval to feel liked, I'm here for the rpg discussions and to fuel discussions. Read my posts before you make ignorant comments. Hopefully you can do it without speaking like a toilet suffering from a whisky shit aftermath).

4) Drama unfolds.. ad infinum

5) Since you seemed like someone that really wanted that trip, was still going to provide the one way ticket. Not to save face, or to be liked (I could careless of what a forum user thinks of me without meeting me in person. Boo hoo sob, Twinfalls said im a putz, woe is me..grow up ya lifeless cretin).

6) Offer still stands if you still want to smash my fingers. I could come to you since I will be in California (Twinfalls: Which was my only reason of mentioning E3 , not to brag you cretin. Don't hate me because your jealous of my rock solid ass) for you to smash them, or you can come here with a one way ticket. If you refuse the ticket, to demonstrate I still want to give you the chance, I'll keep you posted on where I'll be in a given day. In case you want to indulge the Twinfalls clown and track me down to smash my fingers. I won't fight back, just want to see you try.

Was fun while it lasted though. I think Twinfalls tasteless faggotry comment killed the fun of this thread.

Zing.
Whee! quote pyramid!
Quick! The forum's dying at it's our only hope!

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
bryce777 said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
sheek said:
Do not feed the trolls :!:

I will cease immediately. Thanks for the warning.

He meant you. or should have.

No, you. Own words

bryce said:
First, I never said that my primary purpose here was to troll.

Not primary... hmm, apparently secondary.

Lets try to define trolling now.

Troll =
bryce777 said:
Like with daiglo here, that is just rattling the bars of the monkey's cage to watch the ensuing lunacy.

Intentionally rattling the bars to fan the flames. Sounds like trolling to me.

Prime example:

bryce777 said:
Hey retahd

or

bryce777 said:
I really wish I could smash this guy'[s fingers so he couldn't type any more.

*rests case*

Can find examples how you fired off at Role Player as well. Completely unwarranted and far from offering a simple "critique" of his plans for his SS mod.

bryce777

Erudite
sheek said:

Bryce777 is a dishonest, cowardly faggot who turned down my repeated offer of breaking his fingers.

Plane tickets, bitch.

[offer plane tickets]

It's called a joke. Unfortunately dayglow has turned out to be serious, which is sad but humorous.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Elwro said:
Naked_Lunch said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
bryce777 said:
Twinfalls said:
Shut up idiot and read the dumb thread if you're to comment on it. This Daigoj loser is some world-class faggotry personified, I can't recall seeing a bigger dumbfuck with a smaller wiener around here since that sandlefron putz. Not only has he publicly reneged from an 'I'm tough AND rich' offer to fly bryce out to kill him, but every second post of his features some incredibly lame attempt to impress the Codex with "I'm going to e3!!! I could get you a ticket if you make me feel liked!!!" etc etc LIKE ANYONE HERE COULD POSSIBLY FUCKING CARE

bryce has simply called him out.

bryce, please have your people track him down and spit-roast him - like you did to that last guy, kthx.

LOL
no kidding.

His first post was some imbecile thing, and when I showed him the love he deserved he instantly offered to fly me to NYC so he could kid my ass. Hmm, freudian slip. I am an old guy, but he is not too bright to do stuff like that; I've crapped bigger than that kid and I think my secretary could wallop his sorry ass.

Uh, you got your facts wrong sir. I never said I would kick your ass, and never threatened violence. I offered you a chance to attempt to smash my fingers as you wanted.

*sigh* I need more than a name for a ticket sir so you could do that which you desire.

No you don't. All you need is a name and then to tell me the airline.

Actually buying someone a 500 dollar or so plane ticket implies a certain level of...well, something.

Email address to send the confirmation to? You do know you have to play for your return flight back and accomodations. I said a flight to new york, didn't say I would get you back.

Additionally you won't be leaving from LAX but Long Beach.

Now that you know my age it is not very brave.

I would have come, if you had given me a flight before. It is just not courteous not to give a return flight, though. There is not much point in wasting your money.

And alas you, the foul mouthed and the ignorant Twinfalls (which added his or her own opinion to my comments based on assumptions) may not have paid attention to my posts.

Again, the offer still stands.

Sequence of my apparent backing down which was lost on some of the cretins:
1) You said you wanted to smash my fingers\

2) I offered to fly you to NY to smash my fingers. Never threatened violence (check my posts) I simply offered a chance for you to smash my fingers if you wanted to.
Never promised a return flight, or accomodations - simply for you to smash my fingers.

3) You said you were flying from LAX and instead of giving a one way ticket, I said I would come to you. Saves me money and you could still SMASH MY FINGERS. As you said you wished to do to stop me typing. (somehow the Twinfalls clown thinks I need its approval to feel liked, I'm here for the rpg discussions and to fuel discussions. Read my posts before you make ignorant comments. Hopefully you can do it without speaking like a toilet suffering from a whisky shit aftermath).

4) Drama unfolds.. ad infinum

5) Since you seemed like someone that really wanted that trip, was still going to provide the one way ticket. Not to save face, or to be liked (I could careless of what a forum user thinks of me without meeting me in person. Boo hoo sob, Twinfalls said im a putz, woe is me..grow up ya lifeless cretin).

6) Offer still stands if you still want to smash my fingers. I could come to you since I will be in California (Twinfalls: Which was my only reason of mentioning E3 , not to brag you cretin. Don't hate me because your jealous of my rock solid ass) for you to smash them, or you can come here with a one way ticket. If you refuse the ticket, to demonstrate I still want to give you the chance, I'll keep you posted on where I'll be in a given day. In case you want to indulge the Twinfalls clown and track me down to smash my fingers. I won't fight back, just want to see you try.

Was fun while it lasted though. I think Twinfalls tasteless faggotry comment killed the fun of this thread.

Zing.
Whee! quote pyramid!
Quick! The forum's dying at it's our only hope!
ALERT ALERT! ENTER YOUR HOMES!

obediah

Erudite
Since this thread runs about 5 posts on topic and 15 posts off topic, I'd like to echo the some earlier posts.

If there is such a thing as a Hardcore Gamer group, it would be the
annoying cunts that need to have their fingers smashed. The kind of people that obsess over having and beating games just because they are rare, or having the most 360 gamer points, or the galaga high score. Or spend all their time making sure they are current on all the fads.

Hardcore in the sense of 'old skool turn-based', is just loving a genre, and is composed of many non-overlapping niches. Seeing a dumbed down RPG makes me cry, bitch, moan, and whine because I loved those games. Seeing a dumbed down strategy game - well it depends on how dumbed down it is. I could never hack those avalon hill games that took longer to finish than the actual battles/wars they portrayed. On the other hand, RTS go too far for me. I could never even land on the carrier in Top Gun on Nintendo, so hardcore flightsims don't mean shit to me.

These hardcore niches matter simply to the point where they can fund development.

bryce777

Erudite
obediah said:
Since this thread runs about 5 posts on topic and 15 posts off topic, I'd like to echo the some earlier posts.

If there is such a thing as a Hardcore Gamer group, it would be the
annoying cunts that need to have their fingers smashed. The kind of people that obsess over having and beating games just because they are rare, or having the most 360 gamer points, or the galaga high score. Or spend all their time making sure they are current on all the fads.

Hardcore in the sense of 'old skool turn-based', is just loving a genre, and is composed of many non-overlapping niches. Seeing a dumbed down RPG makes me cry, bitch, moan, and whine because I loved those games. Seeing a dumbed down strategy game - well it depends on how dumbed down it is. I could never hack those avalon hill games that took longer to finish than the actual battles/wars they portrayed. On the other hand, RTS go too far for me. I could never even land on the carrier in Top Gun on Nintendo, so hardcore flightsims don't mean shit to me.

These hardcore niches matter simply to the point where they can fund development.

Yeah, I don't think that most codexers who enjoy turnbased strategy and rpgs with turnbased combat should be seen as hardcore.

It is just bizarre to me that somehow this is seen as hardcore, but then just about any adult is going to want more out of a game than something like fable or tes provides. Oblivion may be ok for a lark if you don't really give a shit, but it's just nothing like the old games so for me why bother?

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
bryce777 said:
sheek said:

Plane tickets, bitch.

[offer plane tickets]

It's called a joke. Unfortunately dayglow has turned out to be serious, which is sad but humorous.

Hmm, if you knew me you will know I am never serious, moreso aloof. But I do like to challenge, place bets, and make offers and see if anyone is willing to bite.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Hmm, if you knew me you will know I am never serious, moreso aloof. But I do like to challenge, place bets, and make offers and see if anyone is willing to bite.
I only give you one ExMonk out of five. That was just a terrible attempt.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
I only give you one ExMonk out of five. That was just a terrible attempt.

I want to cry now... rejection... :cry:

I will not disappoint next time!

WouldBeCreator

Scholar
If you guys fight, will it be realtime or turnbased? Or has that joke already been used? (Haven't bothered keeping up.) Will it be skill-based, or will you like role a 20 sided die to see if you get to punch the guy in the face, nuts, chest, or just have to deliberately wiff? That would prove you're hardcore *and* not a hypocrite, doubly good and doubly on topic!

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
WouldBeCreator said:
If you guys fight, will it be realtime or turnbased? Or has that joke already been used? (Haven't bothered keeping up.) Will it be skill-based, or will you like role a 20 sided die to see if you get to punch the guy in the face, nuts, chest, or just have to deliberately wiff? That would prove you're hardcore *and* not a hypocrite, doubly good and doubly on topic!

1) Turn based. Real time is retarded.
2) Hasn't been used.
3)I prefer a 20-sided die, but based on Bryce's Silent Storm comments it will most likely be skilled based. In which case I will find a hex editor to tweak stats like I did during a recent quick X-COM refresher course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom