Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DLC Will Bridge Story Between Mass Effect 2 and 3

Project: Eternity
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ct-2-and-3

Mass Effect 2 Producer Casey Hudson says BioWare will bridge the gap to Mass Effect 3 with a "continued stream of DLC," although it'll be quite awhile before the company is ready to actually talk about the new game.

"We have a bunch of packs that are in the works right now," he told VideoGamer.com. "So, for the time being there's going to be a continued stream of DLC for people. We'll start to have packs that'll tell the story between Mass Effect 2 and 3. But beyond that we kind of have to see how people are responding to what we have and go from there."

Sounds like they are getting nice profits from the DLC scheme.

Malcolm

Educated
As much as I hate DLCs and all this online addon shit I have to admit it is a pretty neat idea from a corporate point of view.

You have a game that has already sold 2-3 million copies. And then you release a DLC like that apperance pack or whatever that was for ME2 for 1-2$. Creating such a DLC takes an hour max. And assuming that at least quarter of those who bought the game buys this stupid DLC you have just earned yourself shitload of cash for virtually no effort.
Thats fucking brilliant idea, and if I worked in game business I would do it too. Easy way to earn some money. It also promotes a game. And the best thing is no matter how shitty it is someone will still buy because it is so cheap.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
What it means is that:

"We have no idea about the plot of ME3 so we're rolling in random DLC with various shitty plot-threads and shittier characters from ME1 and ME2 to gauge the interest of our retarded customers. What ever becomes most popular, ie best selling, is what we'll run away with for ME3. It won't matter at all if it conflicts with events in ME1 or ME2 since we've already shown that we don't care one tiny iota about coherence or continuance, as long as the money trucks keep rolling in"

Mark my words.

Makes me wonder if there's going to be a "Tali Romance Expansion" where you take her to fancy spots around the galaxy. It would be like a honeymoon or something. Considering the amount of interest in her, that's bound to sell well.

No Dr. Chakwas romance, no buy.

also: child bearan hips

Zeeky_Poe_Shorts__Tali__s_Hips_by_ZeekyPoe.jpg

Garry's mod...I wonder if the BUMFACE could use these models.

lmfao

just found this in the bio boards

edit: link

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.h ... &forum=144

tyanth said:
9980-72948-chokwasmirrenjpg-550x.jpg

Since people seem to think we can romance anything that moves can we romance Dr.Chakwas?

I like a girl that knows how to handle a man.

Chris Priestly said:
No you cannot romance "anything/anyone" you want. Romances are carefully planned out by the writers and designers for the mot emotional impact possible. This is Mass Effect 2, not "Sim-Date".

You do not romance Dr Chakwas. :evil:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Freelance Henchman said:
Makes me wonder if there's going to be a "Tali Romance Expansion" where you take her to fancy spots around the galaxy. It would be like a honeymoon or something. Considering the amount of interest in her, that's bound to sell well.

Ohh man.... OH MAN!!! :cry:

r07fk4.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
To his credit, Chakwas is the one crew member that actually resembles a human being, instead of dating-sim archetype.
Yeah pretty much. She's the least explored NPC and the one with the most interesting personality and motives. Or maybe she's interesting precisely because she's not a romance option and doesn't shove a half dozen sob stories down your throat...

TNO

Augur
To be honest, I hope they retcon the fuck out of the collectors in the sequel, because that whole human reaper thing was bloody stupid.

It's a shame there's all this weird fetish stuff going on. Tali and the other romance interests in ME2 are p. good characters. It's a shame they added the dating sim attachment to appease the barely-pubescent.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Not a terrible idea really. The problem here is that in the end, what happens between can't really count for much. Unless they give all of the DLC away in the couple of months leading up to 3's release, there isn't really any way to guarantee a player who is interested in carrying a character over will play all of them. The bridge material is going to have to be pretty fluffy and non-consequential if the story nerds who are in it for the trilogy are expected to play it and then get no reward for it when they roll their Shepard out for round three. Not that there's anything wrong with that per-se, I think that they should just make it clear that they're going to be making these to bridge the gap chronologically rather than narratologically.

Also: Nothing wrong with a woman who looks like Helen Mirren.

Here's a couple of options I see for DLC that continues the story into ME3:

- It's pretty obvious that the Geth and the Rachni (if you saved them) are possible allies against the Reaper invasion. They could make DLC about bringing the Rachni "back into the fold" of the galactic community.

- The Geth and the Quarians are either on the verge of war or of reconciliation. WE NEED SHEPARD ON THIS. End result is a combined Quarian/Geth fleet, with Geth either as allies or re-enslaved expendable killbots.

- Collect as may allies as possible among the species that are not part of Citadel space.

Actually, of these 3 only the last one seems "small" enough for DLC, the other 2 better be part of ME3.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
racofer said:
Freelance Henchman said:

Ohh man.... OH MAN!!! :cry:

r07fk4.png

:lol:

Black

Arcane
Wait, what story?
All I remember is "your brain is too small so we won't tell you Shep, ASS U ming control".
I'd hardly call it a story.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
racofer said:
Agreed. I think ME3 will unfold like DA:O, where you gather allies for a final assault against the Reapers.
Isn't that exactly what ME2 was about.

ME2 was collecting a team to assault the Collectors, not getting political allies. So on a smaller scale, yes, but not quite the same. ME3 would be more like DA:O where you get the dwarves/elves etc. to join you.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I.C. Wiener said:
racofer said:
Agreed. I think ME3 will unfold like DA:O, where you gather allies for a final assault against the Reapers.
Isn't that exactly what ME2 was about.
nonono. me2 was about gathering allies for a final assault against the collectors. totally different, y'know.

TNO

Augur
A DA:O esque plot isn't actually that bad. I'd prefer that to the 'collect the plot coupons to make an anti-reaper super weapon/discover the fatal achilles heel' style. There's plenty you could do for getting Cerberus, reapers etc. 'on side'. Could do that as well as some other arc about finding some plot mcguffin.

Given ME2 had some fairly good cascading C&C at the end, perhaps it could be half decent. Could.

My worry is these subsections would be similar to the loyalty missions for your NPCs (which, if you thought about it, didn't make all that much sense).

Shep: I need your forces to combat this ancient evul

People: Fine, we'll help you if you solve this problem our military empire can't, but your frigate full of misfits can.

Shep: On it.

*Complete quest*

People: We shall join you! :brofist:

burrie

Scholar
They had the same idea for Mass Effect 1 DLC back in the day, and I don't think they quite delivered on that. Which is a pity, because I do like the idea of having optional episodes that will setup the story for ME3, if done right on an episodic basis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom