Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Jashiin

Arcane
Gamestar magazine proves itself almost unworthy of being toiletpaper.

Angthoron

Arcane
New article on german Gamestar magazine.

Rather nice article, maybe with the exception of the complaints that the personality you can assign to the second hero doesn't compare to the "colorful" companions in Mass Effect.
Considering the whole "I like to keep my kids in the basement" thing in Germany, I'm not surprised they like crews with daddy issues.

Gord

Arcane

Rather nice article, maybe with the exception of the complaints that the personality you can assign to the second hero doesn't compare to the "colorful" companions in Mass Effect.
Considering the whole "I like to keep my kids in the basement" thing in Germany, I'm not surprised they like crews with daddy issues.

That was Austria and/or Belgium. :M

Angthoron

Arcane

That was Austria and/or Belgium. :M
Same difference.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why are you providing data you don't want to be included in the analysis? :lol:
To show other people who spent at least hours getting through that dungeon. Also, making an average of "the time it takes to complete the catacombs" makes no sense if you're including data where the person in question did not actually finish it. Sounds rather disingenuous.
Oh, but I am. With no "like."
No you're not. You've had me on your ignore list for quite a while, yet you keep unhiding my posts and responding to them. That's dedication.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
usethis.jpg

Arkeus

Arcane
SA forums said:
Enjoyable video. It's funny they barely survived that big fight near the end and the comment was 'Well it's really supposed to be harder'. I'm all for a challenge but the fact they only won because the AI didn't understand line of sight very well makes this game look insanely hard. Even the fight on the beach where they took a few knocks had a comment that their spells were currently overpowered.

I think they might be trying to get a little too hardcore if their first thoughts are always how to make the fights harder. They did say they'd have difficulty levels but man I don't want to have to crank it to easy just to progress.
Is the guy serious? He is complaining because a boss fight, after the two characters skipped every single quests in the starting city and ran to outskirts dungeon, was 'barely' won by a completely new player and thus considered too easy?

Of course it's goddam too easy if a complete noob that doesn't get the rules can just go into a later-quest bossfight and not even die once :(

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm more bothered by the "I don't want to crank it to easy to have an easy time" part. What an idiot.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Paypal is fixed... :l
Ok.
You guys may want to considering creating a backer store similar to Wasteland 2 one (if You don't know how it works, I can provide the details). Of course, only if it would be viable financially for You.

Anyway, I can always donate my excess funds indirectly through The Codex fundraiser.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Before we had:
Easy (I'm new to this series, but I'm not braindead)
Normal (Interesting, challenging game)
Hard (You'll need all your skills for this one)

Now:
Easy (Game will actually beat itself)
Normal (I just wanna see the story)
Hard (My self-esteem doesn't support dying)
Classic (Old Easy)
INSANE! (Old Normal)

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Paypal is fixed... :l
Reminds me... have you said anything on how you will handle the difficulty level? Will we be able to pick one?`
If yes will hard be "hard" where you have to think what you are doing, more friendly fire damage, location of your character have a larger importance in combat, where you have to use everything you know about the game and everything that your characters have available for them and then still have fights that you will struggle with.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Before we had:
Easy (I'm new to this series, but I'm not braindead)
Normal (Interesting, challenging game)
Hard (You'll need all your skills for this one)

Now:
Easy (Game will actually beat itself)
Normal (I just wanna see the story)
Hard (My self-esteem doesn't support dying)
Classic (Old Easy)
INSANE! (Old Normal)
Speak for yourself, I can't play modern twitch-based RPGs on anything higher than normal due to overall slow reflexes and being old in the brain.

As for the GamersDissent preview, I have some issues with it. I understand the focus on co-op MP, but there wasn't even ONE MENTION of the ability to play this game in SP. This can turn some people off, if they don't seek more information by themselves.
- there was basically no plot info whatsoever
- no mention of the editor
- no mention of why you went to kickstarter (more quests, more items, more characters, more game!)
- there were too many "this is a w.i.p." moments, I understand that it probably can't be helped due to the pre-alpha build, but some of these reassurances seemed like false advertising (not saying it was ;) ), i.e. ForkTong says something will be changed even though he knows it won't - just an impression I got, but other people could get it too
- who the fuck is GamersDissent anyway, never heard of him before :? not really the best choice for gaining notoriety

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ye of little faith!
Dude. There are like 7 days to go.

I decided that my preview would be better as a video rather than text, so I too got on Kickstarter to get the project funded. Click here to donate and help me finish this preview before Larian's KS campaign ends!

I thought the post below was a convoluted message that the article is finished and is now being edited by The Codex staff?

Ye know too much!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom