Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Black

Arcane
Rogals got fucked in most areas, gained a little in others.
-Marksman's taktikool retreat is gone, so is your early tool of getting in or out of battles. At least rogue's teleport is still in
-dual wielding needs heavy investment or you're gonna need 4ap per attack
-early game is still as much of a bitch as ever, you get skills to bleed and poison enemies that can't be bled or poisoned and daggers are shit against skellies
-I think Wind-up Toy got replaced with some kind of infestation skill. I really liked the toy.
-5ap to sneak is the biggest nerf, making guerilla pretty much worthless. Why sneak and attack for 150% damage when you can attack twice (for 1ap less even) and do 200% damage?
-the Winged Feet skill is definitely nice, no more "there's a lot of shit where the enemies are, I guess I just sit this one out, again".

Black

Arcane
I don't think it's improved, there's just more of it. And more of Ahru because apparently people cared.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are a couple of "fixes" mainly in the Homestead area...thankfully. Although Ive onlx unlocked a couple of rooms yet, the imp seems to be slightly less irritating somehow

Stabbey

Learned
Rogals got fucked in most areas, gained a little in others.
-Marksman's taktikool retreat is gone, so is your early tool of getting in or out of battles. At least rogue's teleport is still in
-dual wielding needs heavy investment or you're gonna need 4ap per attack
-early game is still as much of a bitch as ever, you get skills to bleed and poison enemies that can't be bled or poisoned and daggers are shit against skellies
-I think Wind-up Toy got replaced with some kind of infestation skill. I really liked the toy.
-5ap to sneak is the biggest nerf, making guerilla pretty much worthless. Why sneak and attack for 150% damage when you can attack twice (for 1ap less even) and do 200% damage?
-the Winged Feet skill is definitely nice, no more "there's a lot of shit where the enemies are, I guess I just sit this one out, again".

1. Tactical Retreat is gone but now the Rogue's Cloak and Dagger teleport is a Novice-level skill you can get at level 1 or 2. The reason why Tactical retreat was great for Rogues in vanilla was because Cloak and Dagger was a level 10 skill. That's no longer an issue.

2. The AP cost for wielding a single dagger increased from 2 to 3, so a dual-wield costing 4 AP (i.e. with three ability points spent on Dual-wield) is more expensive, but it does a lot more damage even with the dual-wield penalty (which does apply to both weapons).

4. Wind-Up Toy is still in, but it is a Master skill AND it costs only 2 AP to use now, meaning that you can place it and then run away. That's opposed to vanilla where it cost a huge amount of AP and started right beside you (where an enemy would target it and then blow you up).

5. Yep. Guerrilla is now ONLY useful for sneak-attacking while out of combat.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The tone of the writing isn't the problem and it never has been. The long-winded purple prose that goes nowhere is. It's also nonsensical in a lot of situations and it's totally unnecessary. The characters are puppets who have no connection to the narrative and the characters who *do* are exposition dumpy. We have to able to differentiate between coherent, profound writing and grimdark bullshit. Catch-22 is a satirical comedy novel, but it's well written and philosophical.

Black

Arcane
1. Tactical Retreat is gone but now the Rogue's Cloak and Dagger teleport is a Novice-level skill you can get at level 1 or 2. The reason why Tactical retreat was great for Rogues in vanilla was because Cloak and Dagger was a level 10 skill. That's no longer an issue.

2. The AP cost for wielding a single dagger increased from 2 to 3, so a dual-wield costing 4 AP (i.e. with three ability points spent on Dual-wield) is more expensive, but it does a lot more damage even with the dual-wield penalty (which does apply to both weapons).

4. Wind-Up Toy is still in, but it is a Master skill AND it costs only 2 AP to use now, meaning that you can place it and then run away. That's opposed to vanilla where it cost a huge amount of AP and started right beside you (where an enemy would target it and then blow you up).

5. Yep. Guerrilla is now ONLY useful for sneak-attacking while out of combat.
Why do you lie? Why?
lFmBQUb.png

JasonNH

Augur
Is the writing at least improved? I just didn't find the original funny at all, despite it trying very hard to be just that.

If you didn't like it before, you won't like it now. In fact, the added VO, which is frequently spoken too slowly for my liking, will probably make it worse for you. I say this as a big fan of the game and Larian in general.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Jesuz christos... The battle at Hunter's edge is taking fucking forever. 9000000 million NPCs having turns, meanwhile I'm sitting here waitin'.. dem slow animations doe.. Swen delivers ! <3

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Bracchus Rex didn't seem to get an upgrade. Killed twins, dropped the lighthouse and skeleton dude to lava. Bully Rex after smashing invulnerable crystal.

RK47

Patron
Orc Librarian's inventory resetted, so she no longer has the fairy translation book or whatever it's called. Supposedly a dev said it will get fixed in the next patch and otherwise I've seen no bugs.

Why did they make Sneak always cost 5 AP? It's not worth it for the damage since guerilla still only gives +50%, and it's not good for stealth since invisibility costs less AP and doesn't give move penalty or risk of breaking. Unless you can solo cheese the game by repeating attack->sneak each turn I don't see any reason to waste points in this skill.

Dual Wielding and DX11 performance is nice.
Sneaking is unfortunately fixed at 5 AP now.
Kinda insane really when you consider two dual wield attacks are 8 AP now with a chance to crit. :lol:
Overreaction to arrogant scoundrel perhaps.
They've moved all Elemental summons to lvl 10, hence going to Silverglen will be the start of the Elemental Spamfest we've experienced at lvl 6 back in Vanilla.
Congrats, you've delayed it by 4 levels, Larian. You should be proud of yourselves. :hahano:
No really man, was it hard to invent new spells like Fiery blade summon like in GuildWars2 Elementalist?
I could understand people spamming Elemental over n over cause it's so effective, but I'd rather change its form to something less obvious and boring.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Sneak is indeed useless now but it's just a reflection of the overall changes in the EE. Everything that was even remotely fun has been nerfed to the ground, put on a huge c/d or outright removed. E.g. Marksman lost Tactical Retreat (early game mobility) *and* Quickdraw (endgame tactical potential).

What Larian fails to understand is that spamming CC was already the most boring way to play in vanilla. Now it's the only way. Maybe they silently hired Sawyer?

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Sneak is indeed useless now but it's just a reflection of the overall changes in the EE. Everything that was even remotely fun has been nerfed to the ground, put on a huge c/d or outright removed. E.g. Marksman lost Tactical Retreat (early game mobility) *and* Quickdraw (endgame tactical potential).

What Larian fails to understand is that spamming CC was already the most boring way to play in vanilla. Now it's the only way. Maybe they silently hired Sawyer?

Yeah I think I'm done, I just finished browsing the high-level spell vendors and found most of them didn't offer new tools, just more and more damage.
Netherswap is nice, but I hardly need it with the myriad of CC spells I have and the ability to spawn 4 summons in the first turn.

Gord

Arcane
One question about the door to the harbor area in Black Cove, the one in the Pirate's office:
There's a key behind the door, so save for (high) lockpicking skills maybe, it seems the only way to get through is using a teleportation ability.
Anyone here found another way in?

RK47

Patron
One question about the door to the harbor area in Black Cove, the one in the Pirate's office:
There's a key behind the door, so save for (high) lockpicking skills maybe, it seems the only way to get through is using a teleportation ability.

I had like 14 effective PER and couldn't find a way through except by dropping a tele as you did.
Didn't think much of it. Maybe it was a design oversight.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
In the original game

there's a switch on the wall that's difficult to see even when zoomed in.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I had like 14 effective PER and couldn't find a way through except by dropping a tele as you did.
Didn't think much of it. Maybe it was a design oversight.

There was a switch behind a picture that got shown if you moved the boxes away from another trigger if I recall. But that was in the original game.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You can grab it with telekinesis (2 or 3 will do).

Gord

Arcane
I may be mistaken, but I think
the switch you have to pull will move the picture to reveal a button which will open a trapdoor leading to Pontius.
Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the door, anyway.
I also found out that it's possible to place a pyramid on the other side, but only from some very strange angle, so I would guess that this is an oversight.

You can grab it with telekinesis (2 or 3 will do).
Hm, I thought I had tried with my telekinesis char, but it might be that his skill was at 1 at the time.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
So, that wolfpack achievement. It just says "finish the game with the lone wolf trait", does that mean you can grab it at the last second?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom