Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I still have to complete it... Playing co-op and my friend and i only have almost no time to play. We should try to complete it before this patch.

You don't have to. Files-wise it's a separate game, not a path. You will be able to play the old version even when the extended edition will come out.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Swen didn't answer my question about the hardcore mode / patch but he has replied to my other question about the modding tools:

13175.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Swen didn't answer my question about the hardcore mode / patch but he has replied to my other question about the modding tools:

13175.png

I think there won't be a hardcore mode. In his blog he explicitly states that they decided to only do the necessary things on D:OS and focus "the creative energy" on the new one.

Swen on lar.net said:
One of our biggest issues was that we suddenly had two games to maintain on PC. One was singlethreaded, the other multithreaded. One was based on DirectX 11, the other on DirectX 9. One had limited camera rotation allowing for certain pieces of level design to be incomplete, the other a 360 degree camera. One was live, the other wasn’t etc…

It quickly became impossible to do things on both games simultanously as the changes become bigger and bigger, and so at some point we had to make a choice. We decided to do only the really necessary things on D:OS and focus all of our creative energy on the Enhanced Edition.

"Continue supporting" the modding tools, lol.

Sothpaw

Learned
Console involvement is always a concern. Hopefully their next games aren't affected like most consolized titles.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In his blog he explicitly states that they decided to only do the necessary things on D:OS and focus "the creative energy" on the new one.

Swen on lar.net said:
One of our biggest issues was that we suddenly had two games to maintain on PC. One was singlethreaded, the other multithreaded. One was based on DirectX 11, the other on DirectX 9. One had limited camera rotation allowing for certain pieces of level design to be incomplete, the other a 360 degree camera. One was live, the other wasn’t etc…

It quickly became impossible to do things on both games simultanously as the changes become bigger and bigger, and so at some point we had to make a choice. We decided to do only the really necessary things on D:OS and focus all of our creative energy on the Enhanced Edition.

Actually, I re-read that and he says they're focusing the creative energy on the new edition of DOS, not on the new project. So I don't think you read it right. "Do the necessary things on D:OS" = on the old version of D:OS, which he separates from EE.

Stabbey

Learned
I think there won't be a hardcore mode. In his blog he explicitly states that they decided to only do the necessary things on D:OS and focus "the creative energy" on the new one.

The update video explicitly mentions new game modes. There were four blurred out icons.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Actually, I re-read that and he says they're focusing the creative energy on the new edition of DOS, not on the new project. So I don't think you read it right. "Do the necessary things on D:OS" = on the old version of D:OS, which he separates from EE.

That's what I meant. For D:OS there will be only fixes, the creative energy will go into EE, and this includes - in my opinion - also the rebalancing etc. formerly planned for the hardcore mode. So in EE, there might be a hardcore mode, or they'll incorporate ideas from that in the "normal" EE gameplay.

The update video explicitly mentions new game modes. There were four blurred out icons.

Yes, I was unclear: There might be a hardcore mode in EE, but - most probably - not in "legacy" D:OS.

Doktor Best

Arcane
They already took care of the difficulty slump in some previous patch if you didnt know. Resistances are capped at 80% or something so you wont get healed from elemental attacks anymore. Also damage done by highlevel mobs should be higher now.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Y'know, since I have no intention of downloading 10+ gigs of this in the near-future, nor am I going to buy another retail copy should one happen, I'm just going to put D:OS-as is right next in my queue. The January 30 rebalancing will have to do.

As usual, my attention to detail pays off. http://www.lar.net/2015/05/15/enhanced-edition/

A shitload was invested in our Enhanced Edition and a lot of people have been working on it for a long time. Other than the small but not unimportant detail that it’s coming to PS4 and Xbox One, our Enhanced Edition features reworked dialogs all voiced by AAA actors, a story & world that has been drastically improved with hours of new content, not only during the game but also at the ending (that part that gets played by 5% of players), a truckload of new features & improvements and game modes that play incredibly different to the normal mode because we replaced pretty much every encounter.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if the next game will have consoles in mind from the get go. I hope not, but the current trend show otherwise.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Couch coop on PC confirmed or not?

Rps interview
And we added a lot of extra stuff in terms of new styles of playing, new modes, new quests that have been added, old ones modified. Anything we could find that was worth doing, we did it. There’s also everything that we did with the controller for the console version – that is supported on PC as well, which means you can now play on a couch with splitscreen, through Steam Big Picture for instance.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Notice the start of the kickstarter video?
upload_2015-5-16_12-37-43.png

Our problems with images being downscaled in spoiler tags is because Swen has a codex voodoo doll! :negative:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
After seeing this troll I had an idea? You know what's funny? If Larian manages to push out the Enchanced Edition before the end of the year and if it's get trated on the Dex as a separate game, becasue if they are adding content it's like an exapnsion there is a chance that Larian will get 2 GOTY rewards on the Dex twice in a row, for the same game. Isn't that amusing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom