Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And with very good reason too. :smug:

post-apoc reigns supreme over the trad-fant RPGs.

You should probably think through the logical future implications of what you're saying before posting. ;)
I'm positive PoE's... EA numbers are going to blow Wasteland 2's out of the water.

In that case, don't knock trad-fant.

But of course the real reason why W2 has higher numbers is because it had much more backers. Most of the EA players are Kickstarter backers, probably. They made their purchase a long time ago.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In that case, don't knock trad-fant.
I'm just stating a fact: that Wasteland 2 is currently doing better than all the trad-fant RPGs currently available through Early Access.

But of course the real reason why W2 has higher numbers is because it had much more backers. Most of the EA players are Kickstarter backers, probably. They made their purchase a long time ago.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaactually, the number of people who have access to Wasteland 2's beta is around 11,000 (not counting paypal or pledge upgrades) whereas Larian gave alpha access to all 19,000+ backers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aaaaaaaaaaaaactually, the number of people who have access to Wasteland 2's beta is around 11,000 (not counting paypal or pledge upgrades) whereas Larian gave alpha access to all 19,000+ backers.

Fair enough, but keep in mind that since the vast majority of those 19000 never intended to acquire the alpha, a large number of them may have decided not to touch it. Maybe they don't even know they have it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm positive PoE and ToN's EA numbers are going to blow Wasteland 2's out of the water. Torment did outsell both Fallout games combined.
Isn't that mostly due to the DnD license?
Maybe, I figured it was a "fantasy, even weird fantasy, will always have a potentially larger customer pool than any other setting when it comes to role playing games" thing.

For more recent proof of this, check out the number of backers, how quickly the money was raised, and how much was raised total for all three titles.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/announcements

Alpha Update V 1.0.93 - January 21st 2014
21:46
Hi everybody,

We just released an update for Divinity:Original Sin on Steam Early Access that solves the hottest issues that were flagged.

Here is the changelist:

- Fixed item disappearing when loading a savegame

- Messagebox will prompt when saving has failed (this will help us track if there are any more savegame issues)

- Changed armor calculations so damage is absorbed correctly (it wa wrong which is why melee and ranger characters were so weak)

- Added more feedback when hitting

- Re-enabled Critical hits

- Companions are correctly assigned to players (There still is one issue when you load a game in multiplayer. If it pops up, just fire your companions and hire them again)

- Fixed several crashes concerning item combinations

- Added more skill tooltips

- Added more feedback during network connections to help us track problems

- Added a network log file

We're working on a bigger update but might still release an intermediate hotfix in the coming days if we find a solution for the 32 bit OS problem or why savegames don't write away all files on certain systems.

Thank you for all your feedback and thank you for supporting us in such large numbers!
Alpha Update V 1.0.95 - January 22nd 2014
15:20
This is a really small but important hot fix - it solves the save game problems that several of you have been encountering.

Both saving & loading are now solved. It is possible that older save games will not work but new save games should now be ok.

Thank you for helping us locate this one.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If I was a Diablo-like designer, I'd make a dungeon with an endless supply of crates and barrels. Have 0.01% of them have awesome loot, the rest nothing.

The catch? The dungeon spawns randomly and once you leave it will not reappear for the rest of your games. If you take a break from breaking barrels, you'll be teleported out.

Natural selection for the digital generation.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, putting a crate inside its container window causes the crate to self-destruct. Bug/Feature? Are you even supposed to store crates inside other crates in the first place? ForkTong? Also, plis change Burgundy/Taupe to something less bright asap. Kthnxby.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
So, putting a crate inside its container window causes the crate to self-destruct

By design. Yes, you can put crates in crates. The weight of the crate gets added to the other crate so I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/announcements

Alpha Update V 1.0.99 - January 23rd 2014
23 jan
Another quick update that fixes savegame issues on Windows 8 and possibly on other Windows versions.

Please let us know if there are still problems after this update was applied, and thanks for assisting us in finding this!

Alpha Update V1.0.102 - January 24th 2014
20:21
Hi Everybody!

We're planning on releasing a big update next week with several improvements. In the meantime, here are a number of fixes for major issues that were reported.

- Fixed players that stopped following you after save/load

- Fixed crash in item combinations

- Fixed item combinations not correctly taking stats into account

- Fixed specific crash during loading of savegames during combat

- Fixed issue in inventory screen where items could dissapear

Savegame compatibility shouldn't be affected by this update.

Have a great weekend!

Stabbey

Learned
hm, big update next week. new stuff maybe?

It's supposed to include another much-needed revamp of the rules.

And to no one's surprise, they are planning to shift the release date. From the Kickstarter comments section:

Larian on Kickstarter said:
It's indeed taking us longer than we expected but we haven't decided yet by how much we'll shift the release date, which is why we didn't communicate anything official yet (because otherwise we run the risk of having to shift the date again if it turns out our estimate is wrong).

Development is racing ahead very fast for the moment and we want to assess where we are at the end of the month and where we think we'll be a month from now. A lot of the feedback we've been getting will be integrated by then and then it'll be a question of how much time it'll take us to finish up.

Some things which you suspect may take a lot of time take very little time to develop, but in the same breath it's also true that some things which you expect to take little time, actually take a lot of time.

In any case you're right, we should have communicated more clearly in the last update - it was there, but not explicit enough. But trust me when I say that any delay there is, is there because we're aiming high with D:OS.

Stabbey

Learned
ForkTong, will the saves on the current alpha build work in the beta and release?

That's impossible, given how the mechanics are changing. For example, a build from December could have had points into the Battle Magic, Defensive Magic, and Summoning Magic abilities which are all gone in the current build.

Visperas

Augur
Yeah, that's what I thought... It's ok, I'll just derp around a little without doing quests and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom