Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Voted for Fadeland Johns too. Eithne sounds boring.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Dryold is the only decent pick imo. Obviously people will vote for this retarded

*teleports behind your back*
*tips ancient book to show that I'm ebin lolbrarian*
hsssssss kiddo, you're about to die
*cuts him in pieces with ancient thousand-times folded fire katana spell*

Eithne shit. God damn.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1554189

It’s that time of year again! As the footsteps of marathoners fade, Boston welcomes thousands of PAX-goers into its loving arms -- us among them!
2f43d6a76fa32e75328b69fbf137b216_original.jpg

Check out some footage from the Pax East show floor and how Thomas is taking big risks.

Quite some time has passed since the last time players got their hands on Divinity: Original Sin 2, and a lot has changed in the meantime. We’ve been working hard to prepare something really fun for you guys, so come pay us a visit.

We’ll be showing off the new evolved combat system of Divinity: Original Sin 2. We've made a PVP arena where players can challenge each other (or us for that matter) to an epic session of tactical turn-based combat. We're showing three maps, each made exclusively for Pax. It’s just a small demo of the whole game, but a highly addictive one.

What’s new?

The demo showcases some of Divinity: Original Sin 2’s new features, including new skills, elemental interactions, and art. Use your Source powers to bless or curse surfaces, and make use of vertical combat to pick off enemies from a vantage point.

In Divinity: Original Sin 2, you can use ladders, ledges, and floors to your advantage in combat.

When and where?

You can find us at booth #10224 all three days of PAX.

Let’s sweeten the pot…

We've got all kinds of swag you can collect and there's a chance to win some awesome prizes, from a PS4 and signed copies of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, to lanyards, pins, and t-shirts.

8f8df0455da427964dbb2dd7efd86f59_original.jpg

Come find us at booth #10224 to get your hands on the goods!

Here's how you collect the loot:

Visit the booth and receive one of five pins featuring Divinity: Original Sin 2 characters.
Try the game and answer some questions in our survey and get a lanyard.
Post on social media
with the #dos2 hashtag and something related to the game or display or our cosplayer, and get a t-shirt.
Win a match
to get your hands on the exclusive sixth character pin collectible.
Win our daily raffle to take home a PlayStation 4 and a signed copy of Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition for PS4. To enter, ask one of the cosplayers or team members running the booth.

Who will be there?

If you stop by, be sure to say hi to Swen & the other members of the team currently working onDivinity: Original Sin 2. We also have several cosplayers attending including Bishop Alexandar, the Magister, and an elf from the Livewood forests. Challenge the team to a match while you’re there!

Not going to PAX?
Never fear! Some great channels will be hosting live-streams and videos of the game. Check out the line-up below:

Friday, April 22- HotPapperGaming (YouTube)

Saturday, April 23- Eat My Diction (YouTube)

Friday, Saturday, Sunday (April 22-24) - Bikeman (Twitch, 3 p.m. EST)

Missives from GOG
Integration with the Galaxy is live!

Those of you who purchased Divinity: Original Sin on GOG will now be able to enjoy integration with GOG Galaxy, meaning you’ll have access to achievements, plus public and private lobbies. Invite your friends (or a stranger) to a game and enjoy!

Not familiar with GOG Galaxy? You can learn more here.

While we’re at it, take 50% off!

Try Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition on (GOG now for 50% off)! If you have any friends who’ve been on the fence about trying the game, this is news worth sharing.

Pick an NPC, courtesy of GOG

During our Kickstarter campaign, the folks over at GOG supported one of our high-level tiers and earned the right to design their very own NPC. But they’ve done us one better, and their community has three great characters to choose from. They worked together with our team to bring these characters to life, and now they want you to choose which will end up in the game.

Head over here to cast your vote!

Your choices are:

a33b624632fd300431a57dbbd631b1ca_original.jpg

Doryld "The Doryld" Surpass

On a soapbox in a town square, madman Doryld "The Doryld" Surpass, messiah-in-his-own-head, proclaims his divinity and rallies his (non-existent) followers to his side. He is the new Divine! His audience of three, two of whom are drunk (the other may be you), ask for proof of his powers. He resists. They insist. He deflects - only the true Divine would say no when asked to demonstrate his powers. He asks them what good happened in their lives today. The drunks say they found a bottle of wine. The Doryld claims responsibility for that. One of the drunks is converted.

05852d7890ae2f809f74317763eade87_original.jpg

Fadeland Johns

Fadeland Johns sits in the tavern in Driftwood yapping about the good old days. Young 'uns today don't know nothin', back then real adventurin' was done with a bloody sword in one hand and a bottle in the other. Johns'll go out there and show 'em how it's done. Soon as she finishes this drink. If you say the slightest word against her she'll draw on you, and you'll have to kill her. Then she gets back up on her stool and starts drinking again... because behind the mask of the adventurer she's undead. The will to adventure keeps her alive. The decrepit state of her body keeps her from leaving the tavern.

Eithne

Eithne wanders the Blood Forest, masked and cloaked, and laden with books and scrolls. She was a Divine Order librarian until the Black Ring put her whole institute of learning to the torch. Desperately trying to save her precious books, Eithne perished in the blaze. But, as the magical scrolls combusted and their ashes littered her corpse, she was resurrected. With a burning zeal to spread forgotten knowledge and a passionate hatred of the Black Ring, she travels north through Beckonbridge Fort to establish a new library. Of course, she has books to trade - mostly rare and arcane knowledge better left unlearnt...

The Wonderful World of Drathe
If you’ve had a glance at the “#dos2” hashtag on Twitter in the last several weeks, you may have noticed a slew of truly amazing Divinity: Original Sin 2-inspired images by artist Anna Rulska (@Drathe90). Our team is going nuts over her renderings of characters in D:OS2 as faces of the tarot.

Check out her Twitter feed for lots of really beautiful (and, in some cases, really funny) artwork and comics related to the entire Divinity series and plenty more of your favorite RPGs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:argh:

On the other hand, after what he did with the Polymorph skill, he can't complain too much without looking like a hypocrite. :P

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:argh:

On the other hand, after what he did with the Polymorph skill, he can't complain too much without looking like a hypocrite. :P
Oh yeah, ForkTong was so annoyed that Bard didn't make it.

Which doesn't compare to how I feel about Juggernaut and Unarmed Combatant not making it. :negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A brief preview of the arena mode: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/divinity-original-sin-2-combat,31671.html

However, I could still claw my way out of the nasty situation. With my mage, I cast a Bless spell on my Warrior’s surrounding area, which turned the hostile fire into a Blessed flame that healed any character in the affected area. But it didn’t stay safe for long, as Vincke’s mage cast a Curse spell on the healing flame to revert it to its original state.

One element that Vincke pointed out were the small silver puddles called Source surfaces. If one of your characters stands on the special puddle, you can gain Source points, which are used for specific skills. However, there are limited Source surfaces available in the area, so both sides will need to move fast in order to get it. In addition, there’s a single chest in the area that contains various abilities and items. You’re not just fighting for bragging rights, but also for extra loot.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
It's too bad Doryld is in last place he sounds like the most interesting one out of the three.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
It's too bad Doryld is in last place he sounds like the most interesting one out of the three.
Yeah, you can make a mix of Lyric Suite, Cleve and Donald Trump out of him. Something fitting the theme of Divinity, crazy and with lots of potential(on top of being walking codex meme).
Meanwhile you have "the old warrior" vs. "edgy shit for 12 years olds", the ultimate battle of cliches.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Also you're claiming "crazy person who claims he has special abilities he never actually shows" is something original by comparison.
There's a slight possibility for one of them to be turned into walking codex meme while for the other there's none.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's a slight possibility for one of them to be turned into walking codex meme while for the other there's none.

This is GOG's NPC though. I imagine there will be a suitable Codexian NPC in there somewhere considering this board also backed at that level.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More previews and videos:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/div...ings-its-tactical-combat-to-pvp-and-its-great

There's a new armor/magic armor system. Physical skills deplete armor, while magical attacks destroy your magic armor. Some characters have one or both, depending on where their affinities lie. The armor protects you from debilitating effects like Fear, so getting rid of your opponents' armor should be your first step.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-exclusive-divinity-original-sin-2s-multiplayer-/1100-6439139/
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...ve-multiplayer-might-be-my-new-addiction.aspx
http://www.pcgamer.com/divinity-original-sin-2-showdown-pc-gamer-vs-larian-studios/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom