Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I thought I hated turn based, but this game somewhat changed my mind. It's not great, but it's enjoyable enough for me to not drop the game entirely because of it. It's still complete bullshit often where enemies spawn in entirely surrounding you with fire and oil barrels, but it's fun to kill trash mobs and instead of the grind of fighting enemies who always have more HP and armor than you. Also, I feel like sword and board is the weakest type of weapon in this game at the moment, I rerolled into a 2 hander barbarian heavy armor type from a roguish archer, and warfare abilities are very fun and I enjoy this new character but I feel like 1 hand just does not have enough damage output.
I think the game is flawed, these 9/10 and 10/10 scores are insane, 7.5 or 8/10 is more fair.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
PC Gamer has been shilling for D:OS 2 non-stop, but this might actually be useful: http://www.pcgamer.com/best-divinity-original-sin-2-mods/

The best Divinity: Original Sin 2 mods
The modding community has just gotten started, but there are already some useful tweaks and add-ons.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an exceptional RPG, but that doesn’t mean mods can’t make it even better. With its robust editing tools and intuitive Game Master mode, expect to see lots of tweaks, new features and entire campaigns in the near future. It’s still early days, and we’ll be updating this list over time, but we’ve already found plenty of helpful mods. Here are the best Divinity: Original Sin 2 mods so far.

Free pet pal
Steam Workshop | Nexus

The pet pal talent is objectively and irrefutably the best ability in the game. Giving you the power to talk to critters, it’s an endless source of jokes, hints and hidden quests. By not picking it, you’d be missing out on many of the adventure’s greatest moments. This mod simply makes it a free ability, so you can use it straight away without being forced to pick between it and one of the many other handy talents. You’ll be able to blether away with Rivellon’s chatty animals to your heart’s content.

Expanded party size
Steam Workshop | Nexus

Original Sin 2’s companions are all worth bringing along on your journey, adding elaborate personal quests to your journal that span the game and providing plenty of roleplaying opportunities. Unfortunately, with the maximum party size of four, you’ll have to leave at least two of them behind. The expanded party size mod, not surprisingly, lets you take all of them with you. There are some minor UI and dialogue issues, but nothing game breaking. Combat will be a bit unbalanced, however, so you might want to consider a higher difficulty.

Permanent spirit vision
Steam Workshop | Nexus

Spirit vision lets you strike up a conversation with ghosts, opening up new ways to solve quests. It’s basically pet pal with spectres. Unlike pet pal, however, it’s an ability you have to cast, and it doesn’t last forever. This makes it easy to forget that there could be several more characters floating about. Permanent spirit vision keeps it on all the time, effectively making it a passive ability. If you’re in an area that’s haunted, there’s no faffing required, and you’ll notice right away.

Origin and racial skill books
Steam Workshop | Nexus

Several skills in Original Sin 2 are exclusive to specific races and character origins. It’s one of the few restrictions in what is an otherwise very flexible, classless system. The origin and racial skill books mod makes these skills unlockable in the same way as all the others by turning them into skill books that you can discover or purchase early in the game. This includes pet summons, so you’ll be able to make a custom character that can control Ifan’s wolf and the Red Prince’s dragonling, but it doesn’t include the abilities granted by Fane’s Shapeshifter’s Mask.

Artificer and Bard skills
Steam Workshop | Nexus

This mod adds a whopping 50 new skills to the game. They can be mixed and matched with other skills or used to create Bard and Artificer characters. The Bard skills call to mind its D&D counterpart, revolving around buffing and debuffing, but the cherry on top is the weaponised lute you can get your hands on. Artificer skills are based around messing with items, like duplicating potions and cursing objects, handy both in and out of combat. Both of these skill sets are great for support characters.

Tempest skills
Steam Workshop

Spears are kind of weird in Original Sin 2. They’re finesse weapons, but unlike daggers and bows, they don’t have any skills specifically associated with them . Unless you download the Tempest skill pack, that is. This mod gives spears piercing damage, bypassing armour, and also introduces ten spear-based skills that run the gamut from simple jabs to summoning an intimidating barrage of spears.

WOW, this garbage is LITERALLY:

-Open steam workshop
-click "top rated all time" filter
- Open the first couple of mods
- Copy-paste the description
- Hit "publish" for free doritos

These people are not just corrupt, they are also lazy and incompetent af.

BTW, the ONLY mod ppl around here found useful (debloat) didn't make it into the list :lol:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yeah, most of those are basically different kinds of cheat mods, or fairly low-quality shit that doesn't even mesh with the game very well. The Artificer and Bard skills is a great but completely unfinished. The only one arguably being good is the one for Permanent Spirit Vision.

Azarkon

Arcane
I thought I hated turn based, but this game somewhat changed my mind. It's not great, but it's enjoyable enough for me to not drop the game entirely because of it. It's still complete bullshit often where enemies spawn in entirely surrounding you with fire and oil barrels, but it's fun to kill trash mobs and instead of the grind of fighting enemies who always have more HP and armor than you. Also, I feel like sword and board is the weakest type of weapon in this game at the moment, I rerolled into a 2 hander barbarian heavy armor type from a roguish archer, and warfare abilities are very fun and I enjoy this new character but I feel like 1 hand just does not have enough damage output.
I think the game is flawed, these 9/10 and 10/10 scores are insane, 7.5 or 8/10 is more fair.

It is normal to subtract two from every mainstream review score. So a 10 is actually an 8, while a 7 is actually a 5, etc.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Crafting is kinda dead and is just not required for effective play at all sadly.
Quoted but for which reason - I forgot, lol. 0/10

this might actually be useful
What I really want from mods now - to take custom outfit for origin character, e.g. I don't like Rogue preset look for Fane, but I do like it for custom undead elf, but I can't take it.

cosmopolitan city
I didn't know Sodom is called like that.

In other words, there was a hotfix on Steam (just in case).

We issued a hotfix today, containing the following changes:
  • Inserted a warning when a “Device lost” situation happens. This message box contains information that can help the player in identifying the cause of this problem.
  • Fixed an eternal damage loop situation in combat.
  • Lucky Charm has been re-balanced: it now grows in power at a slower rate.
  • Tweaked Journal XP.
  • Several fixes and improvements for German, French and Russian languages.

Also, a big patch is on the horizon, and we are aiming to release it next week. The focus will be fixing the remaining issues we’ve seen pop up since release.

And major patch in next week.

MWaser

Arbiter
what's with the degeneracy obsession in this thread? I don't even understand why you people assume it's done as some kind of "leftard game journo" pandering or tumblr pandering or whatever, the game is hardly focused on subjects of sexuality or deviancy.

All I'm seeing is bad attempts at realistic representations (showing homosexual couples, not in excess, but since they're not balanced by the heteros being shown it seems out of place) and all companions swinging both ways. It's incompetence and laziness, not degeneracy or pandering to focus groups.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
what's with the degeneracy obsession in this thread? I don't even understand why you people assume it's done as some kind of "leftard game journo" pandering or tumblr pandering or whatever, the game is hardly focused on subjects of sexuality or deviancy.

All I'm seeing is bad attempts at realistic representations (showing homosexual couples, not in excess, but since they're not balanced by the heteros being shown it seems out of place) and all companions swinging both ways. It's incompetence and laziness, not degeneracy or pandering to focus groups.

Yeah, the truth is that the writing team is pandering to themselves. In fact, Kevin VanOrd's pretty loud and proud about being a fat, hairy homosexual like Tim and Robert.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Yeah, the truth is that the writing team is pandering to themselves. In fact, Kevin VanOrd's pretty loud and proud about being a fat, hairy homosexual like Tim and Robert.

Now hold on just a minute. What about fat, bald homosexuals?

This disgusting, outrageous example of hairism shall not remain unanswered.

:rpgcodex:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
how op was lucky charm?
Quite OP actually - completely eliminating needs in crafting, thieving, and even buying something was just an OPTION.
I think it was bad for game that you get epic equipment from barrels lol, so it was rightfully nerfed.
rightly? yes. done right? no!
now you will really have to throw away legendary and unique items and replace them with white level scaled trash.
have fun with that.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What the fuck kind of person would want a 6 person party with this combat system and then half the other mods are "free stuff for everybody"

I guess destroying every last vestige of choices and tradeoffs, they could have just made a mod that just lets you get every single skill and also have every single companion be voices in your head you can quest and romance with
it's a sad day when a mod that fixes the moronic party size of max 4 is met with such utter stupidity on the codex of all places.
it's the only mod that is potentially game changing enough to make you not play a party of 2 summoner lone wolves and instead go for some build diversity on tactician. unless of course you play with the debloat cheat mod which really is a straight in your face cheat mod. yes, it does do a good thing by removing the retarded armor but does nothing to repair the difficulty drop. anyone that uses it is just a retard that can't get through the game on tactician but still wants to pretend to be 1337 bad ass. you're not fooling anyone, you dumb pieces of crap!

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Huh ? On the first turn I knocked down everyone but magisters and was keeping them down until Braccus summoned the Kraken . The damage potential you can achieve in the end is absurd , my arrow storm was hitting for like 14k in it's radius , the fact that you can spam it and every other source ability in the last battle also helps . The second phase was harder , because there are more annoying bastards doing their stuff and kraken can easily stun your party members while dealing good damage , but I managed to catch Braccus without armor and deplete his entire healthbar with one arrow storm ( wtf is wrong with this ability ? ) .

Oh... I've not used a single one of those all game I've just been using auto attacks. I'll go get those books.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Why should a game adhere to conservative standards regarding sexual morality and decency? I don't get it. Unless you want to go the SJW route and embrace identity politics it shouldn't matter if an NPC is a gay furry or whathaveyou. Unless it's the only thing the NPC talks about because then it's back to identity politics aka 'being gay is all there is as far as my very own personal identity is concerned'.

Shadenuat

Arcane
All these shitty mods yet noone tried to put mercenary lizardess into prologue so I could play my Sandro and his 3 skeleton mistresses full undead party right away.

Grimnir

Novice
Oh golly gee I sure am surprised, the shady guy offering a hooker actually robs you. I'm astounded at this outcome. I have never once seen such events unfold in this manner in any form of media what so ever.
Come on Larian, the dialogue leading up to it was shit and cringy and the outcome couldn't have been any more generic. Maybe drug you and leave you in a ditch naked, then have to go and kill them to get your shit back, that would have been interesting. Even the quest name gives it away, "Love Has a price."

Huh? I didn't get robbed. I let Red Prince have some fun, and he had a scene with Sadha. I guess you're a degenerate who lusts for scales.

how op was lucky charm?

I got a few dozen purple items after robbing Ryker's basement. That was common. I never had to buy anything on tactician until level 20.

Sjukob

Arcane
Huh ? On the first turn I knocked down everyone but magisters and was keeping them down until Braccus summoned the Kraken . The damage potential you can achieve in the end is absurd , my arrow storm was hitting for like 14k in it's radius , the fact that you can spam it and every other source ability in the last battle also helps . The second phase was harder , because there are more annoying bastards doing their stuff and kraken can easily stun your party members while dealing good damage , but I managed to catch Braccus without armor and deplete his entire healthbar with one arrow storm ( wtf is wrong with this ability ? ) .

Oh... I've not used a single one of those all game I've just been using auto attacks. I'll go get those books.
Oh please , I just wanted to know what was giving people troubles , since my party started to breeze through the game at level 13 and skills using 3 source points , like the said arrow storm , make it even easier .

Sjukob

Arcane
If Larian fails to fix the game, modders will
I don't think it's possible . It somewhat works with open world games like TES or Fallout 3 and NV , where you are free to do wander and do whatever you want , but to fix DOS2 you have to remake like 70% of what's in the game , becuase it's more focused and linear .

Tigranes

Arcane
Seems like quite a few quests either don't conclude properly or their journal entries are a bit weird and don't close up? A little bit into Driftwood and examples include

• Blackpits no way out dude, you get his sword and persuade the magisters but they don't leave and he ain't movin either
  • Pick up dude's ring out of water outside Driftwood, fight the voidwoken, he acts pissy so I keep the ring, journal doesn't close
  • Joy teleport guy never shows up at meeting place and quest obviously doesn't close

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If Larian fails to fix the game, modders will
I don't think it's possible . It somewhat works with open world games like TES or Fallout 3 and NV , where you are free to do wander and do whatever you want , but to fix DOS2 you have to remake like 70% of what's in the game , becuase it's more focused and linear .

Isn't that what gamemaster mode is for? Has anyone even bothered to try that out yet? I vaguely recall that nonsense about Swen worrying about the competition from Sword Coast Legends.

Sjukob

Arcane
Seems like quite a few quests either don't conclude properly or their journal entries are a bit weird and don't close up? A little bit into Driftwood and examples include

• Blackpits no way out dude, you get his sword and persuade the magisters but they don't leave and he ain't movin either
  • Pick up dude's ring out of water outside Driftwood, fight the voidwoken, he acts pissy so I keep the ring, journal doesn't close
  • Joy teleport guy never shows up at meeting place and quest obviously doesn't close
Took the sword from dude peacefully , then went out and killed magisters , the man was sad to see his house burnt , but the quest closed .
Gave him the ring , he thanked me and ran away , quest closed . He was even mentioned in the ending .
Don't know about this one , never agreed to his deal .
People who say that quests are messy and buggy aren't bullshiting with you , they are indeed quite buggy .

Isn't that what gamemaster mode is for? Has anyone even bothered to try that out yet? I vaguely recall that nonsense about Swen worrying about the competition from Sword Coast Legends.
Well , as I said it would basicaly mean remaking a large portion of content . Dialogues , story , encounters , characters , loot , world building etc . It's like making a new game , I bet there are enthusiasts especially if you consider how popular for kickstarter project the game is , but still a lot of fan content , that requires such efforts to make usually gets abandoned or never released . I think at best we will see some short campaigns from moders , but who knows for sure ?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh please , I just wanted to know what was giving people troubles , since my party started to breeze through the game at level 13 and skills using 3 source points , like the said arrow storm , make it even easier .

You were 100% right about source skills, I made my warrior drink a cup of tea for -2 ap and he jumped to the BBEG (don't know if we are spoiling people yet) and omnislashed him in 1 hit all in a single turn. Winning the final battle in 1 turn on 1 character, I think this game is fully doable on ironman solo.

Edit: Messed up the quote tags..

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Huh? I didn't get robbed. I let Red Prince have some fun, and he had a scene with Sadha. I guess you're a degenerate who lusts for scales.
If you are Ifan or The Red Prince they'll leave you alone. I think I'll just do it with Ifan for the free XP.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I'm still only getting to play it (in co-op so it requires some coordination), so please help me here.

From what I've seen everything about this game is DOS1 but slightly improved or changed. And DOS1 was a fine game but nowhere near the best PC games of all time. Plus it's a freaking tactical turn-based RPG with isometric view and significant challenge. How is it even close to being a mainstream hit. It's currently has better reviews than Skyrim and Mass Effect 2, blockbuster games with state of the art graphics and music aimed at a very wide audience.

Does it mean it enough to just polish and iteratively improve any game to get people to love it? Would Grimoire become a mainstream hit if dev didn't rush it and improve the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom