Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Someone pointed this out somewhere, but it was stated in the form of a question, and I just checked:

The Ambidextrous Talent works with Two-Handed Weapons.

Why? No idea. Is it a bug? Probably. But that still turns Ambidextrous from completely useless into just-sorta-useless-9-times-out-of-10. That's a pretty huge point in favour of two-handed weapons, really.

Is there a way to edit your save games, characters in particular? Or get some gold at least. I don't want to start over, but I went completely ham with my builds and purchases in the first act. Slowly but steadily the second act is turning into a rapefest, not the good kind either.
There's 100% free and at-any-time respeccing available in a bit, just keep playing. The game needed that extra piece of hand-holding and retard-proofing, apparently.

Yeah, my bad for not peering into the future. In the first act the power curve is pretty straightforward, both skills and weapons wise, it gets all out of whack past the 10th lvl. Initially there's 1-2 dmg difference on weps and armor values are on the low end as well (the best armor I got out of the first act at lvl 9 had 56/11 values on it, it was a unique from the last boss), then I got a bunch of free xp in driftwood, which pushed me to lvl 12. Everything costs 2k+ now and values on armor have doubled, over just 3 levels. Weps are pushing up to 50% increase in some cases, with just 3 lvls difference. Not to mention that I get hit for 300~ on average, the only reason I can actually survive (on some of my undergeared characters) past the first turn is because of the Comeback Kid talent.

TEVzX93.jpg
Yeah, the scaling is super-fucked. The bloat is pretty grotesque.
Just did the big fight on the black pits with the fire and oil slimes and whatnot. Wow. What a horrible, horrible garbage slog of a fight. It was piss easy and incredibly annoying at the same time. Truly a feat.

On a side note, I respeced my mage into a support/tank warpriest and now I have almost no magical damage. So far everything became much easier. I'm beginning to doubt the game actually punishes this kind of "gamey" playstyle.
It does, in fact, not. That the game favours you massively specializing in either physical or magic damage has been known for a while.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game is full of bugs. Spread your wings is unreliable, sometimes you get slowed by puddles anyway. And I'm 99% certain that sky shot does nothing other than extending your range.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's supposed to give you the extra damage from huntsman regardless of elevation so you could take one shot at a guy on your same level (elevation-wise) and still nuke his face for 40% or so extra dmg. However, it's broken atm (AFAIK) and you deal whatever damage you would deal with a regular attack. Still, it makes hitting people on higher ground than you a bit easier, lol. The fact that the AI uses skyshot against targets on LOWER grounds tells it all, IMO.

Black

Arcane
It's supposed to grant you your high ground bonus damage any time tho who knows if it actually works.

Grimnir

Novice
Finished act 3 without a single death on tactician. In fact, each fight was over in a couple of turns. Rangers are OP as fuck. Ifan practically soloed the ascension battle royale and 1-shot Alexander, and 2H knights deal almost as much damage. Rogue is kinda lackluster, which is disappointing since I loved rogues in DOS1.

There's a grand total of 1 enemy that resists physical and a few with evasion aura, but you can just use skills that ignore accuracy. Maybe I'll probably try a mage party in the future to see if they're as shitty as they seem.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I am getting raped by Radeka. Gotta stay out of the killzone.
While one character is locked in conversation, switch to the other three and position them so that they are on higher ground and overlooking Radeka.

I've been starting the fight by skipping the dialogue and just nuking her from afar. Is there a way to avoid the disease hit from the conversation?

Tigranes

Arcane
Finished act 3 without a single death on tactician. In fact, each fight was over in a couple of turns. Rangers are OP as fuck. Ifan practically soloed the ascension battle royale and 1-shot Alexander, and 2H knights deal almost as much damage. Rogue is kinda lackluster, which is disappointing since I loved rogues in DOS1.

There's a grand total of 1 enemy that resists physical and a few with evasion aura, but you can just use skills that ignore accuracy. Maybe I'll probably try a mage party in the future to see if they're as shitty as they seem.

Interesting, my rogue has been consistently more effective than ranger as of early Act 2. For me the semi-guaranteed (?) backstab crits just deliver more oomph along with being able to use many of the melee range disabling skills like Medusa Head and Chicken, whereas the ranger does better at managing the battlefield.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A Glass Cannon Ranger can help strip mobs off their phys armor very quickly and then keep up to three of them permanently splayed on the ground if need be. A knockdown arrow is one of the the most powerful pieces of equipment you can get in this game.

canakin

Cipher
So, the lever puzzle from the last act; why the word associated with this lever is the one means "COCK" in Turkish while the all other levers have perfectly normal English words like wisdom, fearlessness, ambition etc.
x67nQMp.png

Black

Arcane
A Glass Cannon Ranger can help strip mobs off their phys armor very quickly and then keep up to three of them permanently splayed on the ground if need be. A knockdown arrow is one of the the most powerful pieces of equipment you can get in this game.
Glass Cannon + Lone Wolf + Executioner ranger.

Ok, I'm pissed. I'm guessing someone's already pointed that one out, but I'm not reading spoilers so fuck you, I'm just raging anyway.

Ok, so I've killed Alexandar 2 times. In the first one, I even turned him into a bloated corpse right away! Oh, and the second time he was in a fucking coma, and I set the fucker on fire. But no, now it turns he's back and well in that fucking island without a fucking name. WTF Larian, let me kill anyone I want godamnit

Black

Arcane
Ok, I'm pissed. I'm guessing someone's already pointed that one out, but I'm not reading spoilers so fuck you, I'm just raging anyway.

Ok, so I've killed Alexandar 2 times. In the first one, I even turned him into a bloated corpse right away! Oh, and the second time he was in a fucking coma, and I set the fucker on fire. But no, now it turns he's back and well in that fucking island without a fucking name. WTF Larian, let me kill anyone I want godamnit
I've seen Fane rip off his face but apparently it's nothing plot armor can't fix.
Another example of storyfagim getting into way of a game's reactivity.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am getting raped by Radeka. Gotta stay out of the killzone.
While one character is locked in conversation, switch to the other three and position them so that they are on higher ground and overlooking Radeka.

I've been starting the fight by skipping the dialogue and just nuking her from afar. Is there a way to avoid the disease hit from the conversation?
Not in the release version. Damned if I know why not. My wife said it was possible in the EA. I never played the EA that far.

You are better off taking the disease and then curing it with first aid or restoration (I don't remember which) in mid-combat, but having your party positioned on high ground for the bonuses to damage, and to hedge against AOE spells. Try to keep the caster fellow (the recently dead one in the white shirt) debilitated - shocked, slowed, crippled, teleported somewhere far, while you concentrate on Radeka. My strategy was to first teleport Radeka next to my 2H Knight Prince.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, I'm curious what would happen if you destroy the corpse of the guy in the white shirt before combat starts, using one of the characters who are not in conversation. I guess she won't be able to animate the corpse?

Akka

Novice
Would you say that it's appropriate for a first playthrough? Is the transition seamless, i.e. if you didn't know beforehand that it's a mod, you'd never know?
Yes and yes. Definitely. In fact the game seems to work better with it.

(notice it's easier though, as you are MUCH less dependant on finding the latest gear, and you can much more easily take enemies who are higher in levels than you)

Renevent

Cipher
Not loving Arx, and some of the battles there are pretty annoying. Worst one yet is the Lizard Embassy with those cursed revenants. I cleared out every bit of cursed fire, even the crap on the complete opposite side of the map, and yet the room that has 3 of them they keep respawning, sometime in the freaking walls. I've read that there is a bug/issue where there's invisible cursed fires in the walls that you can't bless normally and that you have to use the tornado skill. I guess I can try that later tonight when I get home but I spent like an hour yesterday and the whole thing was infuriating. Also tried to kill Lohse's demon at level 18 and got raped, but that's actually is a cool ass fight. I'll have to come back to that one later once I level up a couple more times and get some new equipment.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not loving Arx, and some of the battles there are pretty annoying. Worst one yet is the Lizard Embassy with those cursed revenants. I cleared out every bit of cursed fire, even the crap on the complete opposite side of the map, and yet the room that has 3 of them they keep respawning

Just sneak past the one on the balkony (invisibility is even better), lockpick the door and voila, you're in the clear. Problem solved in like 10 seconds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom