Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, look. This is not a game with a great story or stellar reactivity, & most quessts have generic loot as rewards. It reaaaaally isn't your time to reload and agonise if a couple of quests fuck up.

Arx isn't as bad as I thought it would be from what people have said. Actually, everything seems to hold up, it's just (1) accumulated fatigue because it's a long game and your characters were already defined with all abilities learned back in like level 10, which was also the case with DOS1; (2) the quests and how they fit together is very elaborate and complicated, but they aren't signposted properly so it just ends up being nonsensical and obscure. Instead of any sense of mystery or unfolding plot / secret / etc it's just like "oh yeah, this guy that people say is a hero, of course he's a villain, and yeah, I guess these random quests I"m doing of course they're somehow connected", etc.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
The undead lizard thing pops out after you bless any pig and you either smack it or talk it down
Oh, that one. Now I remember talking to her. I think she appeared after I had 1 pig left to heal. Don't remember killing her though.

But ok, that quest is hardly an issue.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Update on this:

Dafuq?:

Killed magisters for Hannag. Saved Gwydians family. Saved Gwydian. Can only tell Gwydian "I don't know where your family is." Go to his family, see his goodbye scene. He tells me "I have no idea where Hannag is" and leaves. Wut? Is that very confusing line of events intended behaviour?

Quest updated properly when I returned to Hannag.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Game became a mess after arriving to Arx. Huge FPS drops in city center, skills/attacks having delayed effect or sometimes no effect (like you cannot even buff the incarnate...), NPCs moving like they're bugged, textures not loading and e.t.c.
Still having fun till now, some good encounters here and there.

Same here. Arx is really fucking annoying. I thought the FPS drops were on my end...

Ideally someone would mod this game so that the loot tables are every 2-3 levels instead of every level, and it adjusts accordingly. Replacing 4 weapons every single level is a real pain in the dick if you are on tactician, amount of inventory shuffle vs actual gameplay is pretty bad.

That's the main advantage of the debloat mod. With debloated numbers your [currentlvl -1] equipment remains somewhat viable as opposed to being completely useless.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Is it just me or does it feel like the only way you can get armor numbers anywhere close to the enemy is if you turn down difficulty to Explorer? The enemy always has 200 more armor and outlevels me in Classic, I already wiped most of the map (of the stuff I could kill) for XP and there's not a lot left for me to earn aside from menial quests with vague descriptions that I forgot about.

Tigranes

Arcane
Strange, I've had no bugs/lag/etc in Arx. Loading times jumped from quick to medium after Joy, but that's about it.

With debloat mod it's been no problem usually to take on dudes ~2 levels higher as long as I make strategic adjustments for their beefiness, and sometimes it makes sense to hold on to ~2 level lower items for their effects. I don't regret using it on the first playthrough.

Is it just me or does it feel like the only way you can get armor numbers anywhere close to the enemy is if you turn down difficulty to Explorer? The enemy always has 200 more armor and outlevels me in Classic, I already wiped most of the map (of the stuff I could kill) for XP and there's not a lot left for me to earn aside from menial quests with vague descriptions that I forgot about.

Having 200 more armour isn't a lot, even if you're still in Joy. And if you're running a full 4man party then you usually have so many skills and abilities galore against the enemy which rarely outnumbers you by huge margins.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Strange, I've had no bugs/lag/etc in Arx. Loading times jumped from quick to medium after Joy, but that's about it.

With debloat mod it's been no problem usually to take on dudes ~2 levels higher as long as I make strategic adjustments for their beefiness, and sometimes it makes sense to hold on to ~2 level lower items for their effects. I don't regret using it on the first playthrough.

Having 200 more armour isn't a lot, even if you're still in Joy. And if you're running a full 4man party then you usually have so many skills and abilities galore against the enemy which rarely outnumbers you by huge margins.
It's 2 more AP I need to spend against a enemy to take down that 200 armor, and it goes up to 500 more in some spots. I'm on the driftwood map, whatever it's called, all of the magisters are 1-2 levels ahead and deal roughly 75% damage that I can deal, but they have equal or more armor and equal or more HP.

Tigranes

Arcane
You don't need to fight a lot of magisters in Driftwood, do you? And again, it's pretty rare to fight groups of say, 8 enemies, so if they're doing less damage and have more HP that seems eminently beatable. I can't say for sure as that's around when I started using debloat mod, and I also played 2-man party & Tactician so it's all a bit different.

You get quite a bit of XP from quests but also exploring the map, e.g. Bloodmoon Island, so you should be able to get to level 14-15 without too much difficulty, after which IIRC only some toughter dudes overlevel you.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You don't need to fight a lot of magisters in Driftwood, do you? And again, it's pretty rare to fight groups of say, 8 enemies, so if they're doing less damage and have more HP that seems eminently beatable. I can't say for sure as that's around when I started using debloat mod, and I also played 2-man party & Tactician so it's all a bit different.

You get quite a bit of XP from quests but also exploring the map, e.g. Bloodmoon Island, so you should be able to get to level 14-15 without too much difficulty, after which IIRC only some toughter dudes overlevel you.
You do. There's a pretty massive portion with at least 10-20 magisters in a completely bullshit fight where everything is necro ultrafire of 700 damage a tick.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm in Arx and I don't remember fighting any battle with more than 12 enemy combatants on Tactician (except for a couple with reproducing cannon fodder). Where is this fight, and have you explored the entire map? I can only think that you're waltzing into the Blackpits and starting a fight instead of sneaking or talking, or something equally avoidable.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Just gone through Mordus fight, and while it was pretty alright, it really exposed the tardation of the armour system even more to me:

Goy has 4k hp + 600/300 armerz. Hits pretty hard and whatever the hell. Zomg sounds like challenge!

Well not really. You just get that 300 magic armer to 0 and then keep him permastunned/permafrozen for the remainder of the fight because saving throws are for suckers.

bleh

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
(2) the quests and how they fit together is very elaborate and complicated, but they aren't signposted properly so it just ends up being nonsensical and obscure. Instead of any sense of mystery or unfolding plot / secret / etc it's just like "oh yeah, this guy that people say is a hero, of course he's a villain, and yeah, I guess these random quests I"m doing of course they're somehow connected", etc.

OT, but I like how this is a perfect description of Witcher 1's second chapter

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I killed both Hannag and Ryker. Can I progress in the main quest anymore?

Salvo

Arcane

Yes! There are four ways to increase your Source level, and even if you fail them all there's a fifth one, though it involves a rather major consequence.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Yes! There are four ways to increase your Source level, and even if you fail them all there's a fifth one, though it involves a rather major consequence.

I killed Mordus too, forgot to mention. So I only have the fourth and fifth now I assume? Care to tell?

Salvo

Arcane

I killed Mordus too, forgot to mention. So I only have the fourth and fifth now I assume? Care to tell?

There's a Succubus and a magister in the shattered part of the map, where the Decaying status is applied to you. They'll ask you to kill the being that is causing the decay, and the Succubus will teach you in exchange. Also, I made a mistake, there's actually many more people that can teach you Source. You can meet an old friend from D:OS near Bloodmoon Island, and you can learn Source on Bloodmoon Island itself.

Fail/refuse them all and you will have to ask Malady for help. Also, if you ask a person to increase your Source level when it's already full (3 bars) you'll receive a special reward, different for each teacher.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, there's many different places to get it and if you botched a couple it's not a worry.

IIRC finishing the Saheila questline allows the elves to increase your source pool as well.

Israfael

Arcane
Why actually people need debloat mods - at level 18, there are spells that hit for 10k+ at 65-70 int, and you can cast 4 of them in two turns with some creative use of Apotheosis / Skin Graft / Time warp. That's almost guaranteed to kill anything that even remotely presents threat. I literally one shotted Alexandar and his cronies with 1 button, and two shotted big robot in the temple. And later there's a lot of neatly placed corpses / spirits to refill SP

Aruil

Educated
Patron
Not sure if it has been discussed/explained already but I have a question about the end of the game. Spoilers (obviously):

One of the choices you have at the end is sealing away all source. No source anywhere. How exactly is that supposed to work when everyone that has ever lost his source becomes a zombie? I mean all the races were constructed from the gods by using source. If the source is returned to Veil wouldn't that mean the end of the world? Did I miss some explanation for that?

Tigranes

Arcane
Looks like the FINAL FIGHT is hialriously bugged so you have to stab them in the face for a while to start it. Other than that and the quest scripting my experience's been quite stable, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom