Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divine Divinity

Calis

Pensionado
This is the comments thread for <A HREF="/gamedetails.php?id=81">Divine Divinity</A>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Because of somewhat positive comments from people from this site, I bought this game today for something about 8 $. I'm just at the beginning but I want to say that it's f*cking great! Thanks guys!
Moving objects and inventory remind me of Ultima. I just discovered a secret passage concealed by crates in a house the key to which was hidden in the cemetary... The plot seems to begin in an interesting way. I like such things.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, it's definitely a good game. It'd be nice if Beyond Divinity kept up the trend instead of going the 'battlefields' route.

Hajo

Liturgist
I've got it for 7.95 Euros and it's definitely worth the money.

This was the first time that I was voluntarily bitten by a vampire in order to save a childs life ... intersting experience I can say!

Although that some of the quests seem to be quite difficult to solve, and most of the monsters are pretty tough, I'm enjoing the game a lot :)

Slowpoke

Novice
Yes DD was excellent at full price so at less than 8 euros its a steal. Now if they could have made Beyond Divinity somewhat simular in excellence I would have been a happy camper.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, I bought it for 5 Euros and it was certainly worth it. The game gets tedious sometimes due to lots of combat and huge dungeons. I liked some quest ideas, e.g. the doctor's house quest.

xemous

Arcane
i purchased it for about 40usd, roughly 45usd at the time. great game. beyond divinity is a sack of shit but.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yeah, I was able to get DD for about 20usd and felt pretty pleased with the purchase. Great game indeed. I was leary about BD though and have yet to even play it. Heard lots of crappy things from alot of people about it, so I've avoided it.

xemous

Arcane
avoid. im hanging out for dd2 which they should be making now or something.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Yeah, I was able to get DD for about 20usd and felt pretty pleased with the purchase. Great game indeed. I was leary about BD though and have yet to even play it. Heard lots of crappy things from alot of people about it, so I've avoided it.

BD would be a good buy on budget. I just wish they hadn't put those sodding battlegrounds in, and concentrated on the storyline. I have to say I still prefer DD though...

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I started to play DivineDibinity just recently and for a long time this was cRPG that took 5-6 non-stop hours of my precious:))) time. Despite the fact I dont like 4-5 attributes to spend 5 points on (reminds of Diablo, though), I really enjoy level-uping. The game gives you impression you are real badarse, bu then, in the same time, battles are challanging.

I was very happy to learn that the first dunegon (under Aleroth) is not the whole game (as it would seem with obvious resemblence to Diablo). The quests - oh, they are cool, they really revive the gameplay. Plus, I like those cutscenes - like those two zombies in Aleroth discussing how can they speak. And music - damn, it has really nice ambient music. It might end up in my car soon.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yes, I still have the DD music on my computer. Very good stuff. Funny thing is, I still have yet to find an RPG with music to match that of Planescape. Damn, that's some kick ass music.

Fez

Erudite
Divine Divinity's a good game, must be difficult to get now though, as I've not seen it on a shelf for ages. I liked the open feeling of exploration you got and the interaction with the enviroment. They had nice little surprises thrown in here and there too.

Planescape's music was perfect. It really set the mood and added to the dialogue as you read it. I'm thinking of the sad music when you were talking to Deionarra, for instance.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Yes, I still have the DD music on my computer. Very good stuff. Funny thing is, I still have yet to find an RPG with music to match that of Planescape. Damn, that's some kick ass music.

And most of it (the main theme, the Trias and Deionarra themes) were based off the same tune. It was just such a damn good tune for that game. Some of the other themes, like Annah's, were great too. Kind of makes me wonder why it was that Jeremy Soule and not Mark Morgan became the standard choice for RPG's. No that I don't like Jeremy Soule, but he hasn't done anything as good as PS:T.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, I never really gave the music much of a listening to beyond hearing it in the game itself. I really loved it though. Then about two years ago, I was shopping in Meier's and went into their console game area. Down in a glass case at the register, they had an assortment of game soundtracks on CD. Right there before my eyes was the OFFICIAL sountrack to PS:T. I was like "Whoa.........". Then I saw the pricetag of $2.99 and was like "WHOA!!!". Snatched it up and the soundtrack for Code Veronica. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom