Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

divine divinity halp!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
there are these orcs in the aleroth catacombs that are looking for slasher. long story short, they all died due to severe lack of humor on their part, although the leader was a really really tough son of a bitch.

the problem is, when i used the ladder in their room afterwards, emerging in what i assume to be the orc bandit camp, the game went into cutscene mode, but nothing happened, essentially freezing my character without any possibility to skip the non-triggering cutscene or progress, while all around him happy orcs continued to patrol the premises.

anyone has an idea what is supposed to happen there, or how to totally screw over and kill the orcs without breaking the game?

Murk

Arcane
When you emerge from the ladder near those orcs it should take you out roughly 2 screens south of Aleroth to the east of the road where a completely different Orc (with hostile rating and beefed up stats) calls his bros to attack you, and the entire mini camp there assaults you at once as if you walked into an ambush. There is absolutely nothing to lose by simply killing those orcs as they are just waiting on the flag to trigger to attack you and there is no non-slaughter alternative.

The orc you give the slasher to isn't actually there when you go up, those orcs just disappear for good.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
hmkay, thanks.
so that means there is no apparent reason why it would go bonkers and not initiate properly... :/

Murk

Arcane
just ye olde glitchy glitch. you running the GOG version?

Try to get to that area from the surface and see if it triggers then, or conversely, just don't bother with it as all you end up doing is missing out on like a dozen orcs and whatever minor loot they have.

The hostile-rated orc drummer there will give you a way bigger headache. In case you're new to the game - anytime an enemy has a hostile rating (usually of 100) they are much stronger and faster than their counterparts, and a lower tier hostile-rated enemy is stronger than a higher tier non-hostile enemy. Like a hostile orc drummer is way stronger than a non hostile Orc Elite Chief or something else much more late-game.

I so want to finish DD, especially because it's the only good game to come out of Belgium since Outcast, but for some reason it won't let me get past the cursed monastery section. It keeps on crashing in a slow, painful way no matter what I try.

Murk

Arcane
cursed monestary... err, the cursed abbey with the steel skeletons (north of the farms of rivertown)? if i'm not mistaken, that area is optional and not necessary... or was there some book in the basement you needed?

Well I gave up a while ago so I may have things mixed up, but I'm pretty sure I checked a walkthrough and saw that there was no way I could finish the game.
Then again, the entire H'n'S genre seems to hold a grudge against me, but that's another story.

Murk

Arcane
Perhaps you meant the imp's stronghold? My last playthrough met stalwart resistance as anything on cliff tops was inaccessible, including the imp's stronghold entrance -- but i've beaten the game like 4 times now so... not really missing much i guess.

Best soundtrack of any game ever, without a doubt.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
It keeps on crashing in a slow, painful way no matter what I try.
yeah, it does that a lot. i couldn't finish it back when it came out because it kept crashing whenever i left the starting village, both on the original and the badly cracked scene release. fun times.... hoping the gog version won't do that this time around...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
fuck this game. now i have the same problem with pauper's graveyard, where the cutscene with jake kidnapping elora just doesn't happen.

denizsi

Arcane
How interesting. I didn't have once such game breaking bugs. In fact, I don't remember any kind of bugs at all.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
you were just lucky.
there is a ton of bugs, and while each patch fixes some, it introduces new ones. crashes, getting stuck in main story because you chose one wrong reply, nopcs disappearing, certain events not triggering for no reason, key npcs being hostile (seems to be new in 1.5), and breaking cutscenes by doing things out of order.
you could and still can easily break your game simply by getting creative with the teleporter pyramids.

at least it has a routine to detect inactive cutscenes that kills them after 10 minutes and gives out a warning message... that prevents you from saving.. FUCK YOU GAME.

DaveO

Erudite
I can only recommend the GoG forums at this point. I can't guarantee a solution, but there is at least one veteran that posts regularly.

Zlaja

Arcane
Torrent version works like a charm. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom