Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diveine Divinity

Keldorn

Scholar
Dhruin said:
How could I forget the music? Awesome.

Without the music, I ( see Polish poster ? I *oscillate* ) likely would have rated it 7.5/10.

When composers identify the grand spectrum of the melodic, harmonic and rhythmic pallete, and engage their creativity to be suited and contoured for the project at hand, it can come *close* to the greatest compositions in CRPG history : those of the magnificent Baldur's Gate franchise.

Keldorn

Scholar
Lestat said:
Keldorn said:
the greatest compositions in CRPG history : those of the magnificent Baldur's Gate franchise.
:lol:

I normally do not do this, but since you are from a region of this great earth very near the origin of the greatest musical geniuses in human history, Sergei Rachmaninoff and Sergei Prokofiev, along with countless others, I sincerely apologize for that statement if it has offended you in any way.

I meant no offence.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
DD is one of those games which I find very good, but never finish them nonetheless. Great music, interesting quests, fun world... but some sections contain really too much combat. I played it twice halway through and I'll certainly play again some time.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Divine Divinity was a fine game. The writing and the dialogues could've been better, but nonetheless a fine game.

The starter dungeon was waaaaaaaaaay too big (and not that interesting, too) and the last act was definitly too much combat and nothing else, but I've never played a game with so much attention to (meaningful) detail.

Don't have a problem with the combat as it was a challenge and not a nuisance (click-to-kill is so much better than the Ultima Underworld wannabee's action style). It could been paused - that was probably left over from the orgininal 3 character party design of LMK.

Severian Silk

Phantasmal said:
Because there were none, only lizardmen and such of that sort.
I thought there was a portal that took you to a land filled with dinosaurs? I remember them! Maybe it was one of the other games in the series.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Assnuggets said:
Phantasmal said:
Because there were none, only lizardmen and such of that sort.
I thought there was a portal that took you to a land filled with dinosaurs? I remember them! Maybe it was one of the other games in the series.

Maybe it was the easter-egg area?

A user named cat

I surely don't recall any dinosaurs. You might be thinking of crappy Beyond Divinity, no idea if there were dinosaurs there.

The only DD easter egg that comes to mind is that secret area you can teleport to which has a lot of the design staff from Larian in the form of NPC's you could chat with. And also the hidden equipment you could grab from around there I believe.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I don't recall dinosaurs in BD, either, but it's been a long time and I'm not replaying that game again even if you paid me.

TheLostOne

Savant
I've never made it out of the second room of BD.

DD was fun. Hope DD2 will be more in that vein.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
DD was fun. And you could fuck up. I had a character who I hadn't stocked with enough experience and so when I came to a certain dungeon a certain boss was unkillable. I couldn't teleport out of there and obviously older saves were somehow corrupted.

Texas Red

Whiner
Lesifoere said:
I don't recall dinosaurs in BD, either, but it's been a long time and I'm not replaying that game again even if you paid me.

Do you usually get paid?

TheLostOne

Savant
Kingston said:
DD was fun. And you could fuck up. I had a character who I hadn't stocked with enough experience and so when I came to a certain dungeon a certain boss was unkillable. I couldn't teleport out of there and obviously older saves were somehow corrupted.

LOL would be a funny game feature to add to increase game difficulty.

"Occaisionally you may find that random previous save files have been corrupted and are unrecoverable. I hope you planned well. Save early, save often won't save your ass anymore."

Lesifoere

Liturgist
TheLostOne said:
Kingston said:

LOL would be a funny game feature to add to increase game difficulty.

"Occaisionally you may find that random previous save files have been corrupted and are unrecoverable. I hope you planned well. Save early, save often won't save your ass anymore."

It'd be beautiful. When people complain, they can just say it's an intended feature there to keep you from feeling the game's stopped being a challenge.

About BD, I've no idea what streak of masochism made me finish it. It was pain embodied in a computer game. Here's hoping Larian learns something from it (i.e. don't fix what's not broken).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DD was a fun play through, nothing spectacular but fun. Where DD Shines, was it has a Portable Bed! Seriously, how many games have a portable fucking Bed! Brillant.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Guys . . . repeatedly making sexually suggestive remarks to girls to make them uncomfortable stopped being fun in middle school.

TheLostOne

Savant
What's worse is he made an alt to do it.

Anyway, this is probably the least shocking breach of internet etiquette I've seen today, but nice job donning your suit of shining armor, cardtrick. ;)

Lesifoere

Liturgist
The alt part is what gives it that extra pinch of pathetic, though. Ah, ignore button.

It's not even that I'm made uncomfortable; I just find it puerile and boring.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
A second alt. Kek.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom