Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Latelistener

Arcane
Low chaos playthrough finished. Arkane sure can into video games but really are shit at endings. :lol:
Is the plot is the same shit a la "let's ship plague rats to get rid of the poor people, and then kill everyone if our plan won't work"?
And then if course, "I'm gonna record a confession like a generic 2 cent villain, and hide it in my safe, so someone could stole it".

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Felt rewarding to find Jindosh's secret stash, together with his "banned from academy for life" certificate. :lol: All in all, the mansion was really fun to ghost and explore.

The fact that you can ghost this level and not announce yourself to Jindosh so he doesn't see you coming is by itself pretty cool.

Electrocuting him felt really cruel though, especially with him pleading you to just kill him after that. Still, I wanted to leave him alive but also eliminate him as a potential threat, so I guess there was no other choice.

You can also find a note where he says how he's going to enjoy erasing Sokolov's mind - so I take it the writers wanted to not make you feel too bad about doing the same to him.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Jindosh's mansion was perhaps the most impressive level I've ever seen. Its going to be interesting to do the achievement of getting to him without him ever knowing you were even there at all.

But I decided to kill him instead of letting him live. It’s a lot better to die then lose your mind I think. And besides, it’s the age of wonders so what can be done can also be undone. And I'm to genre savvy for that.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Good point. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Its going to be interesting to do the achievement of getting to him without him ever knowing you were even there at all.

Yeah, that's what I did. I wasn't actually sure until the very end that it was even possible - I just decided to give it a try as soon as I figured out that you can avoid alerting him to your presence. Took me a while to figure out how to reach him because I failed to notice one obvious passage, but it felt very rewarding in the end.

His cry about how his mechanical guardians failed him when you put him to sleep was pretty amusing, too.

Sodafish

Arcane
Finished it. Overall it was pretty good, although the randomness of the AI and detection generally makes playing stealthily a tedious quickload spam affair. If I do another playthrough I'll probably go full on frenzy mode.

The highpoint was definitely the level design, with the Jindosh and Stilton manors being the obvious standouts.

Also, if you play as Corvo, DONT pick the upgrade for your crossbow that enables splintering of the bolt to hit three targets at once; it doesn't work unless you enable auto-aim. Fucking console pandering filth

Siel

Arcane
Patron
although the randomness of the AI and detection generally makes playing stealthily a tedious quickload spam affair.

I feel the game is more fun if you just let go of the ghost challenge and accept that if you get caught you need to escape and improvise. Aside from powers, some tools are really useful for that like the flash bolts or the bolts making ennemies run away. That is you care about being pacifist.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-14-dishonored-2-launch-sales-down-38-percent-on-dishonored

Dishonored 2 has failed to match the UK launch sales of its predecessor.

Bethesda's stylish stealth game sold 38 per cent fewer copies last week than the original Dishonored shifted back in 2012.

Some of this difference will be soaked up by the larger proportion of digital sales today (UK numbers company Chart-Track only counts physical copies). But only a small portion of it.

It's a shame, as Dishonored 2 looks a lot of fun - although we're still waiting for Eurogamer's review (due to Bethesda's new policy of holding back game code for media to review).

Crooked Bee

Patron
I stayed up until early in the morning playing this yesterday, so I'm afraid of starting it up again tonight because I have an important meeting in the morning, lol.

This game is addictive if nothing else.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
I stayed up until early in the morning playing this yesterday, so I'm afraid of starting it up again tonight because I have an important meeting in the morning, lol.

This game is addictive if nothing else.

True, i've bought it after you told me that you are running it fine with 960m which i always have. And yesterday i've spent 5 hours straight playing it and today 3 hours just exploring area of mission 2. Performence is not so good, but gameplay and atmosphere are fantastic.

Last edited:

Siel

Arcane
Patron
This game needs a freecam injector.

02012f82-623a-4de2-b6ea-fb42c0dc1bed.jpg

2e39a21c-4e4d-4980-a2df-3977b316f53b.jpg

c1c9504f-7251-4000-98da-4a517049cc07.jpg

68a4f9e0-d24b-4d5c-8359-f34436b716ed.jpg

Ash

Arcane
Britbongs have no taste, news at 11?

Ha...the irony you despicable faggot. I've not got the game because if the first game is any indication it is RESTRAINED DECLINE. Dumbed down, bordering popamole. This game is not Deus Ex\System Shock 2\Arx Fatalis\Underworld tier. It's a "blink-choke simulator". Alright for what it is in modern times, but I know they can do better and I'd rather replay Arkane's Arx Fatalis with a mod or two :obviously:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So I heard you pick your character at the beginning and are stuck with him/her for the rest of the game? Are there are any significant changes in playstyles?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So I heard you pick your character at the beginning and are stuck with him/her for the rest of the game? Are there are any significant changes in playstyles?
You have different skills and people are talking to you as to a girl or a man.

Silva

Arcane
How they could make such an awful and childish story is beyond me. But the gameplay is very very good. It's one of the best infiltration games ever, and makes Thief "magical shadows" (thanks Deman) look silly in comparison, besides putting on a clinic on freedom of approaches to any game out there.

Sodafish

Arcane

With Emily you get:

Far Reach, which can be useful for grabbing items unseen, and is generally really fun once you start pulling people about.

Domino, which is extremely useful, and again can be quite creatively amusing for setting up multiple death scenarios.

But Corvo's fully upgraded timestop is still the most straight up OP power there is.

For both you can pick a No Powers playthrough and then they will be essentially identical.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.amazon.com/Dishonored-Wyrmwood-Deceit-Gordon-Rennie/dp/1785852337/

A brand new 4-part series based around Bethesda's highly acclaimed, award-winning stealth action-adventure video game franchise.
Follow the continuing adventures of Corvo Attano, this collection is a prequel to the highly anticipated upcoming game Dishonored 2, as Corvo skulks the rooftops of Dunwall in search of an apprentice and quickly becomes embroiled in a supernatural plot against the crown!

51L9EyamsEL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom