Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Din's Curse - Hardcore Dungeon Crawling from Soldak

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Din's Curse

After the barely there action RPG Kivi's Underworld, you'd be forgiven for assuming that <a href="http://www.soldak.com/" target="blank">Soldak</a> has since folded or turned to designing Flash games for Facebook. This <b><a href="http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html" target="blank">new title</a></b>, however, is definitely showing a spark of ambition more in line with Depths of Peril:
<br>
<blockquote>In Din's Curse, you will explore an extensive underground, slaying dangerous monsters, solving dynamic quests, dodging deadly traps, and in your spare time, plundering loot. Quell uprisings, flush out traitors, kill assassins, cure plagues, purge curses, end wars, and complete other dangerous quests or the danger WILL escalate. Not all is as it seems though, traitors will gladly stab you in the back, renegades can revolt against the town, spies can set up ambushes, and items might even curse or possess your friends.</blockquote>
<br>
Mr Peeler will likely avoid acknowledging it, but <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=33864" target="blank">early design help</a> was provided by freelance Codexers such as Rosh and Chefe. If that's not a recipe for success I don't know what is.
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to getter77 and EternalLurker for the tip</i>

spectravideo.jpg

Next gen it is.

speeler

Soldak Entertainment
Developer
It is real time. I still would like to do a turn based game some day though.

BTW, I'm not sure why we wouldn't acknowledge that we have gotten lots of good ideas from gamers including some from Codexers.

Luzur

Good Sir
Blackadder said:
Maybe. Or it could be for;

14999031_5db0c79f95.jpg

This should throw you. So long as you don't cheat of course...

didnt know we had a quiz going on here.

hmmm....one of the BBC Micro series? i do recognise it but i dont keep tabs on ever obscure british computer.

Luzur said:
Blackadder said:
Maybe. Or it could be for;

14999031_5db0c79f95.jpg

This should throw you. So long as you don't cheat of course...

didnt know we had a quiz going on here.

hmmm....one of the BBC Micro series? i do recognise it but i dont keep tabs on ever obscure british computer.

That is actually an Australian Microbee computer. They exported plenty of them, and many were used in education facilities. Sweden apparently was one of the major buyers so I thought you might have an inkling of what it might be.

The second link you provide, read the testimonial by Henrik Erlandsson. He mentions the Microbee as well.

Just about everyone and their dog invented a computer at some stage back in the day, it seems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom