Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Digimon World, good or bad?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
While studying for my master's degree, I found this very interesting info. In 1968, when Shonen Jump was released, the editors made a massive audience research, that can be summed up with three questions & answers:

What warms your heart the most? Friendship.
What is most important to you? Effort.
What makes you feel the happiest? Winning.

Ever since, Firendship, Effort & Winning have been the pillars that guide every manga they make...

- WTF NO WE HATE EACH OTHER
- YEAH BUT WE ARE BROS MAN
That is more like the rivals stuff, like Goku & Vegeta, no?

Your rival can be a Nakama, yes.

:M

(Vegeta never acknowledges Goku as a bro, tough - Goku does, but he fell on his head as a baby and has a fetish for violence - he helps out of necessity and will screw others up whenever possible)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I always thought the word 'comrades' was a better translation of nakama than 'friends'. Not someone who you'd go out and have fun with, but someone who shares your ideals or goals and will watch your back. That's how it always seems to me anyways.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Well you can be nakama while working under the same shitty supervisor, you share the hatred for the person under uh, duresse.
But to be honest for an Italian that kind of relationship is a little shallow. I mean if we click together and work for 3 months paired up it's only natural that if you fell down or have a problem you can talk about it.

But of course it's a cultural thing, which is why there is no "right" way.
Fuck knows how many times I had to relax and think about the above statement.
In an effort not to strangle a trio of Taiwanese girls.

Bahamut

Arcane
Played only the first one, and it was p. fun game,
but well every time your dude becomed a walking shitpile with hands, or that green goey was annoying

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom