Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

This guy seems to know what he is talking about?

In case you weren't trolling: Rhykker is THE Blizzard shill (at least when it comes to the Diablow franchise)

I'm not watching Blizzard shit, but lol is this true?

Yes, I posted the portion of the Quin stream where people found this out a couple of pages ago.

Just stop beating around the bush and say it's shit, you paid shills.

I mean it's good from what i played in beta. Like really good. Obviously it was only up to lvl25 but from what I played it was great. Also live service is strange argument in arpg genre where live service is bread and butter. I don't remember any arpg that was released and abandoned just like that. Spending 100s of hours is part of diablo likes.

I'm not watching Blizzard shit, but lol is this true?

Yes Gamesradar had booked devs for QA where gamesradar readers were supposed to ask questions. They got 0 questions so they faked them.
Yeah how could Diablo 2 have survived without its games-as-a-service mentality, remember those battle passes? Wow. Surely no one ever played offline single player ever.

Yeah seriously the best part about playing new games is exploring what it offers. The moment you search for build you lose that fun and you are playing effectively someone else game not yours.

This goes double for ARPG like diablo.
I'd bet money that almost everyone who says this is the first to copy popular ARPG builds online, rage at an unorthodox item build/hero position in Dota, netdeck in card games and mooch off combo videos in the latest FG

It's true, nonetheless.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Diablo 4. Good.
iu

Zeriel

Arcane
Tl;Dr this is the best action rpg aimed at the traumatic brain injury victim demographic.

Ahh, right. The old "traumatic brain injury victim" demographic. Creative. I'm sure the codex boy choir will love that.

But how else could this be expressed?

For a less creative but still negative spin one might call this demographic the "lowest common denominator".

One the stockholders might appreciate would be "accessible", which is the world Blizzard has been using since Diablo 1 days. After all, isn't Diablo 1 just a filthy casuel take on the roguelike formula designed for the traumatic brain injury victim demographic who can't interpret the ASCII? What, you need graphics?! omg, I'm sorry for your loss.

You won't like me putting words in your mouth but is what you're really trying to say "D4 is the best and most accessible ARPG ever"?

Look, you know, some people have a spare $70 and some have poorfag copium posts on codex. It's all good. Maybe ask your mom to buy it for you for your birthday?

"Accessible" is just a euphemism for "braindead", so, yes. Everything you say is correct. Diablo 4 is the next step in modern Blizzard dumbing down their dumb shit even more.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah seriously the best part about playing new games is exploring what it offers. The moment you search for build you lose that fun and you are playing effectively someone else game not yours.

I'd bet money that almost everyone who says this is the first to copy popular ARPG builds online, rage at an unorthodox item build/hero position in Dota, netdeck in card games and mooch off combo videos in the latest FG

It's true, nonetheless.

Personally I don't. I go out of my way to avoid that stuff. The fun is in the discovery; even if you know your build is inoptimal, it's still fun making those decisions yourself. Netdecking as a philosophy is imo the refuge of people who are so bad at games they really need that handicap of a perfect build to not horribly fail. In card games it's a bit different since non-standard decks can just lose every game nonstop, but in games like PoE or Diablo, looking builds up is only required for absolute morons.

Always nice to see codexers frothing at the mouth and rabidly rooting for a game to fail. Who wants good games anyway amirite?

Who ISN'T rooting for Blizzard to fail at this point? If anything the people giving them a chance whatsoever are the ones who need to defend themselves. It's like being proud of being a bugchaser.

D4 doesn't have a Horadric Cube? Is this a fucking joke?

The irony is that D4 is markedly more decline than D3, if you look at the mechanics. The whole "we are returning to the artstyle of D2!!!!1" meme was just a headfake. It's remarkable on how many gullible people it worked.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

It's true, nonetheless.

Personally I don't. I go out of my way to avoid that stuff. The fun is in the discovery; even if you know your build is inoptimal, it's still fun making those decisions yourself. Netdecking as a philosophy is imo the refuge of people who are so bad at games they really need that handicap of a perfect build to not horribly fail. In card games it's a bit different since non-standard decks can just lose every game nonstop, but in games like PoE or Diablo, looking builds up is only required for absolute morons.

Always nice to see codexers frothing at the mouth and rabidly rooting for a game to fail. Who wants good games anyway amirite?

Who ISN'T rooting for Blizzard to fail at this point? If anything the people giving them a chance whatsoever are the ones who need to defend themselves. It's like being proud of being a bugchaser.

The irony is that D4 is markedly more decline than D3, if you look at the mechanics. The whole "we are returning to the artstyle of D2!!!!1" meme was just a headfake. It's remarkable on how many gullible people it worked.
D1 and D2 were better than D3 IMHO.

Weirdly enough I see more mixed opinions from users (those you played the beta) than from the critics. Makes you think...

Zeriel

Arcane

It's true, nonetheless.

D1 and D2 were better than D3 IMHO.

Weirdly enough I see more mixed opinions from users (those you played the beta) than from the critics. Makes you think...

Yes, my point is that D4 is not some return to form. It's even more babby-mode/simplified than D3. Basically, the people who said it is Diablo Immortal phone game without its most aggressive monetization (yet) were spot on the money.

There's no way they don't double down on some ridiculous monetization scheme soon after launch. It's pathetic really.

abija

Prophet
The irony is that D4 is markedly more decline than D3, if you look at the mechanics.

Can you be more specific? Other than less skills available, at least on paper D4 seems to improve on all mechanics vs D3.

Zlaja

Arcane
It's funny because to 'grognards', numbers in RPGs are important.

:cmcc:

Damage numbers on screen are fun in proper RPGs, but in a fast-pased hack & slash where you keep hitting many enemies in quick succession the last thing I wish to see is damage numbers flooding the damn screen.

abija

Prophet
It's a personal preference with on/off option, certainly not worth swinging so much monocled dick around.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

This guy seems to know what he is talking about?

In case you weren't trolling: Rhykker is THE Blizzard shill (at least when it comes to the Diablow franchise)

I wasn't trolling. Fair enough, I didn't know he had that reputation.

I wouldn't call him a Blizzard shill so much as a shill in general, though he obviously does shilling for Blizzard mainly. I remember his shill videos on Wolcen pre-release. Then the game was released with massive technical issues that he had "mysteriously" failed to mention. He made a fake apology video later on, once people found out that the pre-release hype videos were paid content by the devs (also not mentioned in the videos).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom