Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
Imagine having to wait for NPCs dialog then walking to objective then slowly opening a door for you to progress for the Nth time in season 10.

Imagine PoE forcing you to do campaign over and over while D3 lets you skip it since 2013.
to get skill point reward in poe you need to do one quest along the way, not clear 10 dungeons, kill same boss 5 times and run circles on the map for few hours.
Poe has a ton of bonus skill points, one point in D4 is worth like 5 in PoE and it real easy to get.
one completed dungeon worth 20 points, one opened location - 5 points. to unlock 1 skill point in first act of d4 you need 200 points. so literally 10 fucking dungeons. stop lying, nigger.
And why would you do only dungeons LOL?
I just followed quests and got easy 200 points.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Imagine having to wait for NPCs dialog then walking to objective then slowly opening a door for you to progress for the Nth time in season 10.

Imagine PoE forcing you to do campaign over and over while D3 lets you skip it since 2013.
to get skill point reward in poe you need to do one quest along the way, not clear 10 dungeons, kill same boss 5 times and run circles on the map for few hours.
Poe has a ton of bonus skill points, one point in D4 is worth like 5 in PoE and it real easy to get.
one completed dungeon worth 20 points, one opened location - 5 points. to unlock 1 skill point in first act of d4 you need 200 points. so literally 10 fucking dungeons. stop lying, nigger.
it's first skill point. second is ~800 iirc.

ArchAngel

Arcane

it's first skill point. second is ~800 iirc.
Got both in few hours with a new character. Less than I need to get 10 bonus points when playing PoE campaign from lvl 1 with no gear. It is also better than I can 6 different things to get those points instead of needing to always do specific quests for those points in PoE. Gives me freedom that POE does not have.

Zlaja

Arcane
Am I the only one who couldn't bring myself to play as the Druid, because the dude was just too fucking fat? I haven't seen anyone else complain about this. I can't handle that body inclusivity shit. I would be fine with him being a little round, but you could hardly tell a difference between his human shape and his bear shape.

Yosharian

Arcane
Am I the only one who couldn't bring myself to play as the Druid, because the dude was just too fucking fat? I haven't seen anyone else complain about this. I can't handle that body inclusivity shit. I would be fine with him being a little round, but you could hardly tell a difference between his human shape and his bear shape.
Haha yeah the customisation for the Druid was fucking ass.

bloodlover

Arcane
I'm more worried about druids being complete shit to play and having low dmg compared to other classes. I played a sorc that blasted through everything while my friend played a druid and he kept mumbling on an on about how shitty his class is.

They need to do an overhaul on druid and barb asap so at least some people will play them since most ppl are going to roll sorc or necro anyway.

Zlaja

Arcane
They need to do an overhaul on druid and barb asap so at least some people will play them since most ppl are going to roll sorc or necro anyway

It's more important to nerf both sorc and necro, and make them more vulnerable.

made

Arcane
Played necromancer to lvl 25 mostly just spamming the blood aoe skill and bone spike for single target. Coming from Lost Ark, where you juggle 8-10 abilities + constantly dodge boss patterns while positioning for counter or back attacks, this felt pretty basic. Atmosphere and semi open world were decent enough. I'll probably get it for the story and exploration if some key site has it for ~30 bucks some time after release, but asking 70$ + 10$ every few months for some cosmetics and whatnot seems ludicrous considering you can play LA or POE completely for free.

Zeriel

Arcane

I'd be fine with it if there was actual "diversity" in body shapes; like, a fat dude, a buff young dude, a man woman is fine so long as you have a total sexpot barbie in addition... but they only ever do the ugly shit, so you can tell what their agenda is.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
If I was designing a character that was practically a werebear, I'd be tempted to go for the same kind of look. All-in on body mass. And you can tell they're "strong-fat" and not "slob-fat".

The D4 Druid design is exactly like the werebears in TW3 btw.

Besides, I like how aggravating this druid design is to people who want to play him as a petite little wood elf femboy.

That being said... if I could, I'd make my druid look closer to the barbarian in terms of body shape.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Male druid somewhat reminds me of how Druss the Legend is described in Gemmell's books.

Lack of body options is just weird though.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
WoW did to Everquest and company, steal their dissatisfied casual audience until both games end dead or zombie MMOs on life support with a miniscule core audience.
I'm gonna hard disagree here. WoW was their first MMO for many and I would go as far to say that the majority of WoW's playerbase was comprised of MMO-virgins, who wanted to play it just because it was:

- a Blizzard game
- set in the Warcraft universe
- they played the little campaign with the Ogre hero in WC3 and liked it
- their friends told them that they are going to play it

I think D4 will take some of the PoE's playerbase, but their main audience is going to come from D2R/D3/WoW and Diablo Immoral. It could still end up a sacrificial lamb on the altar of pumping their acquisition price to MicroSoft, the way WB did with Justice League.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm more worried about druids being complete shit to play and having low dmg compared to other classes. I played a sorc that blasted through everything while my friend played a druid and he kept mumbling on an on about how shitty his class is.

They need to do an overhaul on druid and barb asap so at least some people will play them since most ppl are going to roll sorc or necro anyway.
Druid is pretty strong and basically unkillable once you get some legendaries for druid abilities.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The D4 Druid design is exactly like the werebears in TW3 btw.

Which comes from some weird assumption that bears are the animal equivalent of strongmen. They aren't. They have a lot of fairly loose skin and fur, but underneath that, their muscles are that of any predator - long and lean.

In any case, a fat dude, no matter how strong fat he appears, doesn't exactly scream "I live in nature" to me, unless he's about to go into hibernation instead of gearing up to smash some demonic hoe. A druid should be whipcord and rawhide, not jello over triple marbled steak.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
i liked the classes gameplay mostly but i fear there s nothing to use that gameplay on

i know braindead monsters are a arpg staple, but games like lost ark and poe have more interesting enemies and some great bosses which so far d4 lacks, imo

setting and plot wise the game is fino imo even if some things had me laughing like the hell key location and the penitent knight armor

v1c70r14

Educated
200w.gif

Diablo IV - the corridor simulator

why in this game & D3 and honestly, mostly other games, the map design is corridors, like you are in a cave or something? some corridor sare narrower than others, but still corridors.

what happened to maps that are just wide plains with different features and points of interests?

just look at these open maps from Divine Divinity where you can go anywhere and have the feeling of real exploration

Why didn't they make the same style of maps for Diablo 4?

How is the dungeon map design in D4 for the non-cave locations?
From what I've seen Diablo 2 has more open levels than Diablo 4, and that wasn't supposed to be open world. After hearing about the level scaling, that there will be mounts and all that Diablo 4 seems more like the MMO version of Sacred than a sequel in the Diablo series. Sacred was much more open though, while there were corridors in some places there were also entirely open spaces. Maybe one day Blizzard will make a game as good as Ascaron did in 2004.

PJG4kGo.jpg

What's the best way to do a single player good ol' D2 run or two for old time's sake? Ignore the D2R thing?

Somebody seems to be running a version swticher - which patch should I use? I can't remember that from 2002 or whatever.
[URL]https://github.com/fearedbliss/Cactus[/URL]
There’s no reason not to play D2R if you just want to play D2
My complete Diablo 2 installation is less than 2 GB, there is no reason to install a worse version that's 30 GB.

Zeriel

Arcane
The answer is pretty obvious, if the question isn't rhetorical: big companies like Blizzard design games for the lowest common denominator, and the perception, whether valid or not, is that unguided experiences where the player can get lost and potentially not know where they are going will turn them off and lose a customer. In my experience the opposite is often the case, even normies are looking to lose themselves in a game world to forget the real world, but this attitude from game devs is overwhelmingly pervasive in the industry, even niche designers like Josh Sawyer (may he trip and break his neck, mashallah) subscribe to it, the philosophy that you should design an experience to consist of completely sanded down, soft edges, where the player can never fail, and thus also never excel.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
A game about killing Satan, but no holy class. Maybe it'll be DLC but it should be one of the default classes.

v1c70r14

Educated
A game about killing Satan, but no holy class. Maybe it'll be DLC but it should be one of the default classes.
This is current year Blizzard, I think the endgame is lesbian romances with Lilith.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom